It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Carpenter's - "The Thing"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Here is John Carpenter's recreation of the horror movie - "The Thing" - full movie - Excellent film and sound quality

This is the most scariest horror movie that I've ever seen --- With Kurt Russell starring as the main actor.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I second the notion that this is one of the scariest movies I've ever seen. Awesome acting and effects, and Carpenter himself did all the music! ANTARCTICA, WINTER, 1982!

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86
Here is John Carpenter's recreation of the horror movie - "The Thing" - full movie - Excellent film and sound quality

This is the most scariest horror movie that I've ever seen --- With Kurt Russell starring as the main actor.

John Carpenter's version was the best, although the original wasn't bad too as far as old school movies are concerned. The remake that was done a few years ago was also ok.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
One of my favorite movie lines ever.

"What is that thing?"

"I don't know, but whatever it is, it's weird and pissed off"!

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I love the flying saucer scenes in the movie...especially when Kurt Russell throws a stick of dynamite down the ice hole at the homemade alien saucer craft; that as for me, stands out as a beautiful "fire in the hole" scene.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The sequel was surprisingly good too.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
For those that have seen it..

Thoughts on if the Alien survived based on the last scene of the theatrical release?

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I think it did. I think it just went back into hibernation waiting to be found . . . . again.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

I liked the original better than the 80's remake but they are really different types of movies.

The first one was more of a sci fi with horror elements.
The newer one was more of a horror with sci fi elements.

This is one example of a remake where they didn't just copy the origional, they made it their own and ya gotta respect that.

I would recommend seeing both movies.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
One of my favorite movies! Got it on DVD not long ago.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I liked the original better than the 80's remake but they are really different types of movies.

The first one was more of a sci fi with horror elements.
The newer one was more of a horror with sci fi elements.

This is one example of a remake where they didn't just copy the origional, they made it their own and ya gotta respect that.

I would recommend seeing both movies.

I've never seen the original. I liked the John carpenter version but I also like old sci fi. I'll have to check it out if it's fairly different.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

not really a remake so much as a prequel. i thought it was quite good, though.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Oh yes, I saw this movie when I was 12 on cable, early 80's. grossed me out and scared the hell out of me.

But I still loved the movie. So few do that to me anymore

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 01:48 AM
link   
It's actually a prequal, not a remake. Very good movies! Both are on my personal top favorites.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   

It's rare for me to watch a movie more than once or twice. I've seen this one 5-6 times.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   
The old B movies are the best! They stand par with the black/white movies like Twilight Zone and Outer Limits.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
a reply to: Edumakated

not really a remake so much as a prequel. i thought it was quite good, though.

Yup, I wrote it too fast and wasn't thinking. The most recent was a prequel from the perspective of the first scientist when the dog (thing) escaped.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
This is the only movie i have watched 30 times..lol

Still one of my favorites...

Head grows legs and tries to scurry away = priceless.....

www.google.com... CAQsAQIKA&biw=1680&bih=919
edit on 19-5-2018 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I also saw the original - 1951 - when I was about 12 years old...during the 60's, and it was one of the scariest movies out there at the time. James Arness ( sheriff of "Gunsmoke" TV fame) acted as "The Thing." --- Though I haven't seen the most recent remake of it yet.

Both the original's "Day The Earth Stood Still" and "The Thing," helped make me aware of the flying saucer enigma.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

edit on 19-5-2018 by Erno86 because: added vid

top topics

<<   2 >>

join