It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clapper- It’s ‘A Good Thing’ FBI Was Spying On Trump Campaign

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

P.S. I'd believe Satan himself before I'd believe anything from the trump campaign, or white house or the filthy liar himself. That's just me.

You would believe anything from the sh!t I have seen you post.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Whereismypassword

Any crap on Trump "at the time" would have been published before the election.

The MSM would have had a cream.dream fest.

And it sure would have been published after Jan 20, 2017.

😎🚬

Well it wasn’t and the FBI didn’t even tell the public they were investigating him like they did about HC that cost her the election and allowed Trump to do his “lock her up” smear tactic

Perhaps the So called cabal your kind talks about have their ideal president, someone who will do as they tell him

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
So we have Clapper working for CNN

and we have Brennan working for MSNBC

Not too suspicious and obvious is it.

🎁🔆👁

link   
the deflection from the left is hilarious...

i will enjoy more tears when trump wins in 2020

link   
a reply to: vinifalou

The biggest joke is Donald Trump winning any election in this nation. Well I stand corrected. The biggest joke is all the morons that still support this fake news fake leader who is only there to enrich himself and his cronies. Trump has zero chance in 2020. Zero. If you think he does you are on some heavy meds.

Many elections have been won and lost by both sides. Never have we heard anything like this. How does it feel to know you back a criminal? Can't wait for Mueller to complete his investigation and bring this terrible administration to it's knees. And those of us who truly care about our nation will laugh in all of your faces and banish you to the shadow realm!

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

Daily Caller is a known white supremacist fake news website. People really use that as a source for factual information? LMFAO

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevenjames15

😃 But Clinton got more votes !!

Who looks dumber now ?

✅🦈

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

“Zero chance” claim invalidates your opinion, in my opinion.

Shrug

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevenjames15

The biggest joke is Donald Trump winning any election in this nation. Well I stand corrected. The biggest joke is all the morons that still support this fake news fake leader who is only there to enrich himself and his cronies. Trump has zero chance in 2020. Zero. If you think he does you are on some heavy meds.

Many elections have been won and lost by both sides. Never have we heard anything like this. How does it feel to know you back a criminal? Can't wait for Mueller to complete his investigation and bring this terrible administration to it's knees. And those of us who truly care about our nation will laugh in all of your faces and banish you to the shadow realm!

That’s a cool story or I should say, fairy tale.
Didn’t you deranged Libs say he had ZERO chance in 2016?....You sure did.
Who are you clowns trotting out there to take another beating in 2020?
You don’t have anyone with any credibility left.
edit on 18-5-2018 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevenjames15

How does it feel to know you back a criminal?

Jesus Christ!
I missed that part of your wild fairy tale post.
How did it feel to back the criminal Queen Clinton?

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

He called it a HYPERBOLE, the DEFINITION OF HYPERBOLE...."Extravagant Exaggeration" That is what you are saying is proof they spied??????

LOL

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Not only did HRC lose a fixed election primary, she could not win with the NSA, FBI and multiple other agencies trying to 'entrap' Trump.

F'n idiots they are and now when it is almost over they are saying the most outrageous things to deflect. Has anyone heard from Podesta or Obama lately?

We will all be laughing and you will be crying until 2024...
edit on Maypm31pmf0000002018-05-18T14:07:28-05:000228 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on Maypm31pmf0000002018-05-18T14:39:44-05:000244 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Here's what Clapper actually said:

This is hyperbole, hyperbole. They may have had someone who was talking to them in the campaign but you know, the focus here as it was with the intelligence community was not on the campaign per se but what the Russians were doing to try to instantiate themselves in the campaign or to influence or leverage it. So if there was someone who was observing that sort of thing, well then that's a good thing because the Russians pose a threat to the very basis of our political system.

First off, if you believe Chuck Ross (Daily Caller), his sources and authors of derivative pieces, the FBI informant was Stefan Halper. Stefan Halper wasn't "inside the campaign" as you said in the OP nor "in the campaign" as Clapper phrases it in his response.

Secondly, according to the NYT sources, the person had frequent meetings with Carter Page and had at least one contact with Papadopoulos. This seems to fit with Halper as he was already acquainted with Carter Page and was known to have contact with Page in this time frame. Importantly, as with Stefan Halper, the unnamed informant (who may very well be Halper) as described in the NYT piece and in subsequent interviews with the NYT reporters who wrote it, is somebody who was not inside the campaign.

So either NYT's sources are wrong, Chuck Ross is wrong and the person is somebody actually in the campaign, or Clapper misspoke or has no actual knowledge of the informant. What Clapper gets right though is the thrust of his response.

The whole bull# narrative of "spying on the Trump campaign" is just that — bull#. The allegation made is that the counterintelligence investigation was used to "spy" on the Trump campaign for some nefarious purpose, presumably political gain for Clinton.

Yet, there's been absolutely no evidence put forth that actually substantiates any of this.

There's been no evidence of the plotting of this conspiracy, there's been no evidence that anything about the Trump campaign was obtained that would be useful for this purpose or that it was even sought in the first place. There's been no evidence that the FBI was funneling information about the campaign to the DNC/Hillary/etc.

Aside from the lack of evidence in support of this narrative, what is known tends to throw cold water all over it.

Specifically as it relates to the informant, Papadopoulos and Carter Page are both TERRIBLE targets if the goal was to obtain information from inside the Trump campaign. However, they were both throwing up red flags relating to Russia like they were in communist parade. In fact, we know that it was Papadopoulos' alcohol loosened lips that ultimately caused the counterintelligence investigation to be opened.

The people who were contacted were # choices for a plot to "spy on the Trump campaign" but they fit the bill perfectly for primary targets of a counterintelligence investigation into Russian interference in the election. And that's because, that's exactly what they were.

edit on 2018-5-18 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Grambler

You do realize this isn't illegal right? We put moles into drug gangs all the time and you don't need approval to do so. This still isn't wiretapping. But hey, I'm not surprised we are yet AGAIN trying to move the goal posts back on the whole wiretapping issue.

This was a presidential campaign, not a #ing drug ring.

At some point, I think it will be time to revisit all the comments made about the wiretapping being a joke. This goes a tiny bit beyond all that. But you keep trying to justify all this. It at lest shows where your moral compass points to.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Which is why I’m so excited for when Trump trolls them hard and openly announces that he will spy on all of his opponents in 2020 election. He can get people to buy disinformation from any source he wants, railroad it through his homies at DOJ and Intel agencies and then leak all the goods to his friends in the media. Gonna be golden when the fake liberal Democrats cry and moan about it. All he has to say is Obama’s set the precedent

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

The whole bull# narrative of "spying on the Trump campaign" is just that — bull#. The allegation made is that the counterintelligence investigation was used to "spy" on the Trump campaign for some nefarious purpose, presumably political gain for Clinton.

Yet, there's been absolutely no evidence put forth that actually substantiates any of this.

And the big question is, when and if it's shown to be exactly that, will you spin it as some acceptable action because "Trump", or will you finally realize that such an action was wrong and illegal?

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Pretty sure you have been told by our INTEL repeatedly our DEMOCRACY WAS ATTACKED, and a smear campaign went out to help trump.

“Frankly, the United States is under attack,” Coats said at the Senate Intelligence Committee’s annual hearing on worldwide threats.

“There should be no doubt that Russia perceives its past efforts as successful and views the 2018 U.S. midterm elections as a potential target for Russian influence operations,” Coats said.

“At a minimum, we expect Russia to continue using propaganda, social media, false-flag personas, sympathetic spokespeople, and other means of influence to try to exacerbate social and political fissures in the United States,” he said.

www.reuters.com...

The Russian government interfered in the 2016 U.S. presidential election in order to increase political instability in the United States and to damage Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign by bolstering the candidacies of Donald Trump, Bernie Sanders and Jill Stein.[1][2][3] A January 2017 assessment by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) stated that Russian leadership favored presidential candidate Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton, and that Russian president Vladimir Putin personally ordered an "influence campaign" to harm Clinton's electoral chances and "undermine public faith in the US democratic process."[3]:7

en.wikipedia.org...

I could post more and more, links and also sources. You go ahead and stick to info wars, and believe everything negative about a democrat you read, no matter what the source.

Hillary did not lose the popular vote, she won it by MILLIONS, not that many votes in the swing stakes had to be swayed to get the electoral votes. If not for Russia investing MILLIONS and employing 1000s of people to work pro trump anti Hillary, your damn right I don't think he would be in office.

It is proven to me time and time again, right here on ATS, to see what people believe about Clinton, that is simply trash, and REALLY FAKE NEWS....There has been investigations into Uranium One, nothing was found! The Clinoton Foundation is under investigation AGAIN for the second time, right now! You don't hear them screaming fake news to the media!!!

November will be the tell all. Hopefully by then Muller will have all of this exposed. Just like Jr calling his daddy, private twice after being on the phone with Russia regarding the trump Tower meeting. He says he "cant remember" who he called, private not once, but twice in a matter of an hour both times after speaking with Russia, about the meeting. One call was 4 min, the other was 11. I know damn good and well it was trump he called, and I bet Muller knows too. Yet another lie, when trump says he did not know about the meeting.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I dunno... How much info do you think the IC got from whatever they did, as they did it? They used all the tools they could, right? If the info was enough that showed something nefarious, then why didn’t they protect us from it? If Trump wasn’t involved, why wasn’t he informed or warned? If these guys under surveillance were doing bad, why didn’t the IC warn somebody and isolate the problem before it cost America the election, rather than keep it so secret amongst themselves?
edit on 5/18/2018 by japhrimu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

In other news, “that’s just rain, not urine at all”

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

What an absolute, through and through, DICK!!!

He might as well admit to being a Nazi. I'm sure he has plans of escaping to Argentina and establishing the 4th Reich.

There's a special place [insert place] for him!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join