It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter in Texas School Near Galveston Sante Fe TX

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
abcnews.go.com... Shooter used moms gun...

edit on am531amFri, 18 May 2018 10:42:43 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

You have mass shootings in Europe, you just do it different. You call them "World Wars".

Looks to me like maybe your over due.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Also they're searching for a bomb and Trump
is making a statement.

I guess the perp said a bomb was present.
edit on Ram51818v45201800000038 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kuroodo
a reply to: theantediluvian

I think he was replying to someone who was blaming the government for manipulating people. So he was trying to say that it's actually Hollywood and other influences instead.
In the discussion of an active event, yeah it's irrelevant. But in discussion on the causes of violence, it's relevant.

But his points are valid though. I know this from personal experience.

I remember as a kid, I was very violent. Until I was around 10 I was growing up in the influence of this thug culture that he was talking about. I listened to a lot of rap, pretended I was a blood, always fought with people, and always sought out to be in trouble. It wasn't until I moved with my dad that I changed thanks to having new (and better) influences. My cousin wasn't able to escape from that like I did. Now he's a complete wreck.

sounds like you/poor parenting were the problem, not the music you chose to listen to. a lot of people listen to rap and aren't pretending to be blood... the fact that you were pretending to be in a gang made you just as dangerous as gang members, your mind was as easily impressionable.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
So does this mean school shootings are still down by average?

Let me guess... the safest places in the usa are public schools and airplanes.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

get rid of violent video games, violent movies, violent death metal

They did a now famous study on violence in TV/Games and the conclusion was that these things caused kids to be violent. The reason that this case is famous is because it was a classic example of Correlation does not mean Causation too. In this case it was found later that naturally violent kids also liked violent TV/games too so the results ended up being skewed.

Say this there is also truth that if a human grows up in a culture that has violence as a core component of it then I'm sure the kid will be a violent person. In America we have many subcultures and some are very dysfunctional.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

sounds like you/poor parenting were the problem, not the music you chose to listen to. a lot of people listen to rap and aren't pretending to be blood... the fact that you were pretending to be in a gang made you just as dangerous as gang members, your mind was as easily impressionable.

Dude, I was below the age of 10. Duh?
The minds of children are easily impressionable lol.

As for the parenting part, I have already addressed this. But seeing as how some of you are bad readers, let me paste what I wrote:
The only thing making sure you end up being a good person is your parents. In the case of some of these thugs or people who end up doing bad, their parents weren't the best parents.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: Shamrock6

Of course blame them but the question is why does it happen in the USA and not the rest of the world?.
I dunno just asking the question maybe if we knew we could do something about it.
Oh and I don't think it is because of guns btw.

Who says it doesn't happen anywhere else?

Australia, Japan, New Zealand, the EU and the UK have all issued warnings about psychotropic medications causing a manifestation of violent behavior in subjects with no prior history.

List of warnings

Just because we don't hear about somebody stabbing their family in the UK while they're on psychotropics doesn't mean it doesn't happen. It means we don't hear about it.

ok, whats their school mass shooting rate ever vs the US' 2018 calendar year alone (not even the school year)

Since the link is between violent behavior and psychotropics, the rate of mass shootings is irrelevant. The rate of violent behavior while on psychotropics is relevant, regardless of the manner that violent behavior is exhibited.

Somebody stabbing three members of his family while on psychotropics isn't a less violent act than somebody shooting three members of their family.

That could be why I didn't limit it to mass shootings.

link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

Interesting. So remove the kid from the influence of the thug culture and the kid gets civilized. Sounds about rigt.

Glad to hear it worked out for you. Wish it could work out for a lot more kids.

link   

edit on 5182018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

so get rid of them, then we'll live in a utopia.
of course you environment affects a person. but if it was to that extent, then we'd have multi millions of mass murderers walking around.

violent video-game and music affects us as much as billboards advertising or local scenery, or the colors we see around us or the sounds we hear every day.

everything affects us, thus we cant blame one thing. a color or a simple sound can trigger sociopathic tendencies.

link   
So it's been in the news one person in custody and another person detained.

I'm guessing the second person will never be mentioned after today.

link   
Trumps message sounded like it was being
read from a teleprompter.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: antar
abcnews.go.com... Shooter used moms gun...

Wrong story.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

i take your point.

yes, psychotic drugs have been proven to have adverse effects in long term behavior,
you're right.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: antar

The police just said they don't have any details on the weapon. Like two minutes ago.

WTF great police work?

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: antar

The police just said they don't have any details on the weapon. Like two minutes ago.

Who cares about the weapon, we want to see the shooter or shooters since there were two arrests.
Ages, Ethinicity, any extreme religious ties, mental issues, past trouble covered up, if related to gangs, if there were any drugs, if there were any signs of Trump Derangement Syndrome like at the golf course today....you know important stuff.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

everything affects us, thus we cant blame one thing. a color or a simple sound can trigger sociopathic tendencies.

I remember the uproar over D & D back in the day... Somehow that game was magically changing kids into evil people. Lets take a case of a kid in Afghanistan or Africa that grows up in a warlord culture. He will grow up to be a killer where in another culture he might be a dentist. We are seeing some of this in America where some of our subcultures have violence as a core belief.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I'm hearing shotgun according to students
possibly 10 dead 1 officer airlifted.
No other injuries.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
According to a local news live feed, the death toll has risen to 9. Police have surrounded a house. Details to come. A potential explosive device and the bomb squad is there, or if this activity is connected with the school shooting.

source: www.youtube.com...
edit on 18-5-2018 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join