It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYT tries it’s best to spin intel community spying on trump as ok

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

So during the presidential campaign both Trump and Clinton were being investigated by the FBI but one investigation was public and one was secret. Team Trump was able to use the FBI’s investigation against Clinton to attack her and Trump leading his rallies with constant chants of “Lock Her Up”. Then the FBI made headlines just before the election dropping a bombshell that they were reopening the investigation and conservatives cheered them on, but meanwhile the FBI’s investigation into Team Trump was held in secret.

If anything, you should be thanking the FBI for being so tight lipped and helping your Dear Leader get elected.

And for the record, I despise Hillary and never voted for her.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

originally posted by: Pyle

No counter-intelligence is PREVENTING spying.

By Spies spying lol.

No, the FBI are not spys and they do counter-intel... You really need to learn somethings.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

The NYT article only says they met with an informant. A person can turn informant AFTER they meet with people or join organizations. For all we know that informant was Pence.

Pence ?

🤦👋

I was pointing out how no one in this thread knows who the informant was and are making comments that have no factual basis in the NYT story nor the hack job posted by the OP.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Steele, Halper, Downer et. al. Foreign national spies being directed in a dirty up operation by double-agent John "The Devil Inside" Brennan.

It appears Strzok is a CIA plant in the FBI too. They do that ya' know.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Steele, Halper, Downer et. al. Foreign national spies being directed in a dirty up operation by double-agent John "The Devil Inside" Brennan.

It appears Strzok is a CIA plant in the FBI too. They do that ya' know.

So the FBI are not spies then... Thank you for agreeing with me.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   
If someone illegally spied on Obama and/or Hillary and found shady deals being made then the tune would be a bit different I think. It doesn't excuse the illegal spying on Trump but it also doesn't excuse what Trump and his administration were caught doing.

Arrest all of them, those who did the spying and those who were caught laundering money or whatever else. As long as it's illegal then punish them.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Oh, you could just type out what you mean instead of memes. It would help people take you seriously.

Right spies are spies...

FBI are law enforcement not spies.

I dont know how much more clear it can be made for you.

+1 more 
posted on May, 17 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert
a reply to: Grambler

How about when the fbi gets a fisa warrant to wiretap a phone? 

No, no, no.

They got the FISA warrant to access all the stored up data the NSA has been collecting on this individual. The whole shebang. A searchable database of his NSA data. That's why the "Carter Page already left the campaign" argument rings hollow. It's why all the egregious unmasking of other US citizens who are also supposed to be protected in those intercepts is going to come back in to play.

"Tapping" the phones in Trump Tower would be the least of their problems it seems as this unfolds.

It shouldn't matter if you love Trump or hate him. This should be scary for everyone.

All it takes is for someone to say you did something illegal. That's enough to open an investigation. Then law enforcement can access your NSA data and go over it with a fine tooth comb. They'll know from your credit card receipts and phone logs that you had lunch with Jane Doe on March 8, 2007. You had the steak, she had the fish. If they can't find something at least on the grey side of legal in your life, they ain't tryin'.

No one gave a rat's patootie about Donald Trump until he started beating the Republican Party's predictable choices. Before that, most people saw him as that guy who had the TV show where he said "You're Fired!" and nobody cared. Running against Hilary Clinton, he's suddenly a racist, womanizing (possibly a rapist), Russian Manchurian Candidate who should be investigated by any and all means necessary.

Pray you never wind up on the wrong side of the right people.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Oh, you could just type out what you mean instead of memes. It would help people take you seriously.

Right spies are spies...

You could always try Merrialm-Webster

2 spy
noun
Definition of spy

plural spies

1 : one that spies:
a : one who keeps secret watch on a person or thing to obtain information

edit on 17-5-2018 by VictorVonDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Right spies are spies...

If you want to argue along those lines, fine. I would suggest that the FBI are acting as law enforcement so long as any information received from the 'informant' remains in the vacuum of the FBI while they undertake due process.

The very second that any of the information received from the 'informant' is shared or leaked to Obama, HRC, the DNC, or the press, then I would argue yes, they are acting as spies.

I believe there is enough evidence to suggest that the sharing of that information did happen.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

Right spies are spies...

2 spy
noun
Definition of spy

plural spies

1 : one that spies: a : one who keeps secret watch on a person or thing to obtain information

in·form·ant
inˈfôrmənt/

noun

a person who gives information to another.

They are different things! WHO KNEW!?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rewey

Right spies are spies...

If you want to argue along those lines, fine. I would suggest that the FBI are acting as law enforcement so long as any information received from the 'informant' remains in the vacuum of the FBI while they undertake due process.

The very second that any of the information received from the 'informant' is shared or leaked to Obama, HRC, the DNC, or the press, then I would argue yes, they are acting as spies.

I believe there is enough evidence to suggest that the sharing of that information did happen.

Good because we dont know anything about said informant or what information he passed to this day.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Right spies are spies...

The idiocy is astounding. It was not a spy it was an informant therefore it was all ok.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Good because we dont know anything about said informant or what information he passed to this day.

We do know that it was a politically inspired operation to get something, anything, on Trump by some very crooked sociopaths wiping their ass with the Constitution. Trying to obsessively play semantics while having stats worse than the silly one is pretty much par for the course for the type that argue the legitimacy of the black bag job.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Okay smart guy why did they keep Trump Campaign investigations secret before the election if they were trying to stop Trump from becoming president but released the # out of Clinton's investigations?

Really? Maybe they kept them secret because they were ILLEGAL and TREASONOUS..

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Secret except for all the selective and suggestive leaking. Their contradicting lies and excuses actually work on some. It boggles.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   

a reply to: notsure1

Secret except for all the selective and suggestive leaking. Their contradicting lies and excuses actually work on some. It boggles.

I have come to the conclusion that no one can be that stupid and obtuse. And certain people are paid shills lol.

There really is no other logical reason to defend any of this, partisanship be dammed.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

Right spies are spies...

2 spy
noun
Definition of spy

plural spies

1 : one that spies: a : one who keeps secret watch on a person or thing to obtain information

in·form·ant
inˈfôrmənt/

noun

a person who gives information to another.

They are different things! WHO KNEW!?

I could tell someone how to rebuild an Holley 6520 carburetor (unfortunately). That's giving information, which makes me an informant.

I could watch somebody else change the timing belt on a Chrysler L4 engine (I wish) and tell his wife that he was actually at work. That would be spying, and that would make me a spy.

I could see somebody do something illegal and report it (or not). That would make me a witness.

I could tell law enforcement and they might say, "Go back and collect more information." That would make me a spy.

I believe you're thinking that "spy" is a profession where "Spy" is your official job title, like 007. People can commit the act of spying even if they aren't professionals. They may not consider themselves spies, but blackmailers and thieves don't always don't always define themselves by their actions either.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   

The F.B.I. obtained phone records and other documents using national security letters — a secret type of subpoena — officials said. And at least one government informant met several times with Mr. Page and Mr. Papadopoulos, current and former officials said. That has become a politically contentious point, with Mr. Trump’s allies questioning whether the F.B.I. was spying on the Trump campaign or trying to entrap campaign officials.

This paragraph is noteworthy for the way it describes spying on the campaign — “at least one government informant met several times with Mr. Page and Mr. Papadopoulos” — before suggesting that might not be spying. The definition of spying is to secretly collect information, so it’s not really in dispute whether a government informant fits the bill.
Despite two years of investigation and surveillance, none of these men have been charged with anything even approaching treasonous collusion with Russia to steal a U.S. election.

6. More Leaks About a Top-Secret Government Informant

The House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence recently subpoenaed information from the FBI and Department of Justice. They did not publicly reveal what information they sought, but the Department of Justice responded by claiming that they were being extorted by congressional oversight. Then they leaked that they couldn’t share the information because it would jeopardize the life of a government informant. They also waged a public relations battle against HPSCI Chairman Nunes and committee staff.

But far from holding the information close to the vest, the government has repeatedly leaked information about this informant, and even that it was information about an informant that was being sought by Congress. From leaks of personally identifying information to the Washington Post, we’ve learned that this source works with the FBI and CIA, and is a U.S. citizen.

In The New York Times, additional information about a government informant leaked, including that the source met with Papadopoulos and Page to collect information. The information on an alleged source in the Trump campaign is so sensitive they can’t give it to Congress, but they can leak it to friendly press outlets like the Post and Times. It’s an odd posture for the Justice Department to take.

10 Key Takeaways From The New York Times’ Error-Ridden Defense Of FBI Spying On Trump Campaign

edit on 18-5-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-5-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join