It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYT tries it’s best to spin intel community spying on trump as ok

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: Lumenari

Since when was an informant relaying information to law enforcement spying?

Since when was spying on an American citizen spying, you mean...

I bet you your mental gymnastics since Nov 20 2016 have changed you to the point that you have to screw your socks on in the morning.

What? An informant is not a spy. Similar as they both give information to others but are very different things.

Yes they are!

C'mon now sparky, use that brain!!!!

Are you saying that the Obama administration did not spy on American citizens for political reasons?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You have been reading to much Q. Stop speaking in memes and half-sentences. It makes any effort to have a conversation with you pointless.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Grambler

Democrats heads will explode when they learn that President Barack Obama himself OK'd this multi-faceted operation against President Trump.

Not really.

After all, Stormy will fix it and why does it matter at this point anyway?

Obama was just trying to stop the orange antichrist!!!!

Trump took THREE scoops of ice cream this week... ZOMFG stop the presses!!!!!

That is all you are going to see from the DNC organ formerly known as our news agencies if that happens.

Obama was just trying to stop the orange antichrist!!!!

In Obama's case , that should read orange "dajjal"

Star for me having to look up dajjal!!!

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I bet you your mental gymnastics since Nov 20 2016 have changed you to the point that you have to screw your socks on in the morning.

What? An informant is not a spy. Similar as they both give information to others but are very different things.

Yes they are!

Are you saying that the Obama administration did not spy on American citizens for political reasons?

In the context of this story I am. A person can turn informant after the fact. A person doesnt have to be put there by the FBI to become an informant.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Yes they are!

In the context of this story I am. A person can turn informant after the fact. A person doesnt have to be put there by the FBI to become an informant.

Ah.. that whole "we are in a vacuum when we talk about Trump" thing the left does.

So you honestly don't believe that Obama and Co spied on American citizens for political reasons?

Meaning you honestly don't believe that this story has a much bigger context?

Fascinating... I'll leave you to that.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   

The NYT article only says they met with an informant. A person can turn informant AFTER they meet with people or join organizations. For all we know that informant was Pence.

Pence ?

🤦👋

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Yes they are!

So you honestly don't believe that Obama and Co spied on American citizens for political reasons?

I never said anything about Obama and CO spying on american citizens hence me qualifying my statement with "in this context"

FYI those same groups are now spying on the American people for Trump, but you dont seem to give a damn about that.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Yes they are!

At which time the FBI had to accept.
Next futile debate point
Waiting....

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Interesting article showing how the NYT is trying their best to spin the spying of a political opponent by Obama’s intel community as somehow ok

The article would have needed to be about three times as long to reach the level of spin in that statement.

Without any evidence of it, the effort is to spin a legitimate counterintelligence investigation into a Nixonian effort to spy on the Trump campaign by Obama for some uncertain but certainly nefarious purpose.

There's absolutely no evidence that the purpose of the the counterintelligence investigation was to "spy" on anyone, let alone the implied allegation of "spying" on the Trump campaign for what could only be political gain. How again was it that the surveillance conducted as part of the investigation was used to benefit... Obama? Hillary?

Why didn't they go for a FISA warrant for somebody that would actually be suited to this imagined goal? Why didn't they leak details to damage the Trump campaign?

The theory here is based on the notion that there was no legitimate reason to open a counterintelligence investigation, therefore it could only have been done out of corrupt intent. With an utter lack of evidence for this conspiracy, you're left to make up a goal and a motive. Trying to come up with a goal that actually makes sense is difficult because what is known doesn't fit with what the pro-Trump set wants to believe. Spying on the Trump campaign? The absolute worst approach ever. Keeping Trump from winning? They did nothing to keep Trump from winning. A "coup?" — how would they have known back in March that Trump was going to win in order to put their master plan into action?

And then there's the motivation. Given a lack of a goal, it's hard to really derive a motivation. So what we're left with is that "they" must have really "hated Trump." Hated him so much that they risked career, freedom, etc all in the name of accomplishing... not a damn thing. Hell, thanks to Grassley, we know that Comey wasn't even going to go after Flynn for lying to the FBI. Oh, I'm sorry, he didn't lie (according to the right-wing echo chamber) which explains perfectly why he got booted and called a liar by the administration.

There's a dozen superficial theories that don't really hold up under scrutiny, all mashed together in the right-wing echo chamber, into one nebulous mega conspiracy filled with plot holes. Is it any better than the people who are convinced that Trump *must* have literally conspired with Putin himself and that any day now, he will be impeached for it?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Yes they are!

Next futile debate point
Waiting....

I am not sure I follow what you mean by "at which time the FBI had to accept".

Could you clarify? Do you mean they had to take the informant for some reason or are you implying something else?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

How about when the fbi gets a fisa warrant to wiretap a phone? 

No, no, no.

They got the FISA warrant to access all the stored up data the NSA has been collecting on this individual. The whole shebang. A searchable database of his NSA data. That's why the "Carter Page already left the campaign" argument rings hollow. It's why all the egregious unmasking of other US citizens who are also supposed to be protected in those intercepts is going to come back in to play.

"Tapping" the phones in Trump Tower would be the least of their problems it seems as this unfolds.

+2 more 
posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Has it come to this? Cheerleading for the deep state? Some of y'all need outfits and pink pom-poms.

Counter-intelligence is spying. It wasn't an investigation it was a set-up.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

So when Trump orders this to the next dem candidate you will be okwith it?

As long as its an informant and not a spy..

BTW there is not a difference.
edit on 17-5-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Yes they are!

Next futile debate point
Waiting....

Could you clarify? Do you mean they had to take the informant for some reason or are you implying something else?

Accept :

ac·cept əkˈsept/ verb
verb: accept; 3rd person present: accepts; past tense: accepted; past participle: accepted; gerund or present participle: accepting
1. consent to receive (a thing offered). "he accepted a pen as a present"
2. believe or come to recognize (an opinion, explanation, etc.) as valid or correct. "this tentative explanation came to be accepted by the group"

Just for you.
Defs by Google Defs

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Then you have spies like #StefanHalper being inserted to dirty folk up. FISA abuse. Foreign operatives. Spy games. It's not even debatable. Unless, you know...TDS.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   

At least they're not Russians eh.

🚬💡

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Yes they are!

Next futile debate point
Waiting....

Defs by Google Defs

Wait are you trying to say that the FBI shouldnt accept informants information?
edit on 17-5-2018 by Pyle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

Has it come to this? Cheerleading for the deep state? Some of y'all need outfits and pink pom-poms.

Counter-intelligence is spying. It wasn't an investigation it was a set-up.

No counter-intelligence is PREVENTING spying. Its the whole reasons "counter" is in front of intelligence.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

So when Trump orders this to the next dem candidate you will be okwith it?

As long as its an informant and not a spy..

BTW there is not a difference.

So this is how far we have come? Pretending spy and informant mean the same thing so you can make a claim against the FBI?

Okay smart guy why did they keep Trump Campaign investigations secret before the election if they were trying to stop Trump from becoming president but released the # out of Clinton's investigations?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

No counter-intelligence is PREVENTING spying.

By Spies spying lol.
There was nothing to counterintel anyways except the foreign nationals in their own operation. Christopher Steele paying Russians for suspect info knowing they wanted to disrupt our elections...sheesh. There's more you know.

edit on 17-5-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join