It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boulder City Council unanimously passes ban on assault weapons

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Now that you mention it, I remember my brother giving him a few packs of cbd gummie snacks that did help him sleep soundly.

They sell them at my local "headshop". Thank you for the reminder!

To mods: sorry for being off topic

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Essentially, yes.

To all too many of these folks, I hesitate to say all of 'em, the State should be the sole arbiter of, well, everything.

What is truly remarkable is that we're allowing it, with, generally, only the most token of resistance. Brave New World, indeed...

"Community, Identity, Stability"

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthernLites

Its inevitable really...

I'm not arguing for or against, one way or the other... But the reality is, that semi-automatic "assault" weapons will be banned on the federal level in the US in near future.

It may be in a year, or it it may be within 10 years... But either way, its just question of when, not if.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: seaswine

and to me that makes no sense........there should be no reason to have your weapons and MM ......period.......we can still drink, and do other things and have guns.....

This makes no sense to me

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

In the mid 1990's, I stayed with the sister of my gal pal at the time, when I was in Denver for some business. She lived in Boulder. Already, multigenerational Boulder natives were having to sell their homes because the taxes were just too expensive.

The housing crash in California, drove folks away from CA and into the "cheap" Boulder housing market... the massive price differential of the two places caused California transplants to just outright buy stuff up, even bidding prices up in some cases. It's been downhill ever since.

How ironic, eh? Counties should put up signs... "From California? Care about Social Justice and the poor? THEN STAY THE F**K OUT OF OUR COUNTY!!!"

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Ouch! uth>

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I'd say...good luck with that. There just isn't enough to go rounding them up. It would be logistically impossible and there aren't even enough police/NG who would be in support to go along with it. Also there is the 2nd ammendment that isn't going anywhere until its...well...amended so there's that too. It spells it out pretty unequivocally..."shall not be infringed".

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I'm gonna sound like a parrot here but people should only be allowed to have three guns-a pistol,shotgun and a rifle.

Who needs an assault rifle? IMO they are for folk who serve in the military, not people who are overtly paranoid.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

I'm gonna sound like a parrot here but people should only be allowed to have three guns-a pistol,shotgun and a rifle.

Who needs an assault rifle? IMO they are for folk who serve in the military, not people who are overtly paranoid.

what is the fundamental difference between a rifle and what you call an "assault rifle" ? I only ask, because it's very possible you aren't informed enough to make that distinction. (that's not a jab, more of a real thing)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join