It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boulder City Council unanimously passes ban on assault weapons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Message to the little people of Boulder from the elitists: We'll let you vote on plastic bag fees and soda tax but don't worry your dumb little heads about things that matter like constitutional rights

The ordinance prohibits the sale and possession of assault weapons, as defined by the city. Also outlawed are high-capacity magazines and bump stocks.

Owners of the latter two items will have until July 15 to dispose of or sell them. Assault weapons will be grandfathered in; those in possession of such firearms have until the end of the year to receive a certificate proving prior ownership.

Attorneys from Mountain States Legal Foundation, speaking during the open comment section preceding the vote, vowed to challenge the ban in court on behalf of an unnamed client, alleging "violations of the Second, Fifth and 14th Amendments, (and) the Colorado Constitution."

www.dailycamera.com...

edit on 17-5-2018 by NorthernLites because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthernLites

Null. Void. Unconstitutional. A judge needs to slap an injunction on this until it is handled in the court system. What part of "shall not be infringed" do these people not get?

Edit to add: Obviously, they get it, they just don't care.
edit on 17-5-2018 by MisterMcKill because: ETA

+2 more 
posted on May, 17 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Oh Colorado, what the hell did the swarm of cockroaches from the coast do to you? Used to be one of the prettiest girls at the dance, the air crackling with the sound of freedom... now you look more and more like some crack whore right out of Cali. Very sad.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I wonder if these fools realize how far boulder county extends into the hills. Was fishing back there last week and I assure you those folks don't give a **** what these liberal progressive elitists city dwellers impose on them. Virtue signal isn't in their vocabulary...

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Good thing assault weapons are already banned unless you're wealthy enough to afford the gun plus paperwork and associated fees.

Oh. Nevermind, my mistake. The article states assault weapons "as defined by boulder". Guessing that means any scary black rifle with a clippy thinger hanging from it.

In all seriousness though, i doubt this will last.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Colorado is being destroyed by people from California relocating and pushing their Fascist agenda. I hope the courts overturn this violation of the citizens rights.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Step 1. decriminalise the evil weed.
Step 2. rake in the cash.
Step 3. ban guns.
Step 4. all your base are belong to us.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Step 1. decriminalise the evil weed.
Step 2. rake in the cash.
Step 3. ban guns.
Step 4. all your base are belong to us.

They are trying to do the same thing here in Idaho.....

I have no issue decriminalizing weed, im actually good with that.....

But if we allow that, then leave our guns alone as well.......you want your rights and so do we....

We need a libertarian state not a red or blue one.......

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   

What's an "assault" weapon?

A sharp stick is an assault weapon.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I look forward to the litigious aspect of this action.
U.S. Constitution, vs. Boulder Co.

I predict an early lead by one.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

What's an "assault" weapon?

A sharp stick is an assault weapon.

you will love this:

The most recent version of the ordinance defined "assault" weapons as “semi-automatic firearms designed with military features to allow rapid spray firing for the quick and efficient killing of humans.”

www.thedenverchannel.com...

ETA:
Oh, and anything that goes "pew, pew, pew".
edit on 17-5-2018 by network dude because: actually, I don't give a rast ass

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

So they only want to ban anything that goes "pew".

But they aren't coming for our guns.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

They are trying to do the same thing here in Idaho.....

I have no issue decriminalizing weed, im actually good with that.....

But if we allow that, then leave our guns alone as well.......you want your rights and so do we....

We need a libertarian state not a red or blue one.......

I've thought about making this a rant.

My father has cancer in many places and it will kill him within the next 2 years or so. He has pain pills, but hates them. The man still works as a landscaper every day and the pills put him out. Can't have that...

He's a boomer, so not unfamiliar with the left handed cigarettes. He qualifies for MM but here in PA, you aren't allowed to have guns if you're prescribed.

He would much rather go with MM, but can't because he does not want to give up his rights. His gun collection and target shooting are on the short list that still brings him joy in his sad state.

A man should never have to weigh his constitutional rights against his health and wellbeing. It makes me sick.

Sicker yet, those on addictive opiods can still own guns.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
We all have to acknowledge the sheer number of folks leaving Cali and bringing their ideology into other States.
The Great California Liberal Take-over has begun

edit on 5/17/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Didn't Colorado, just a few years back, recall two elected officials for just such stupidity??

WT actual F, Colorado?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

What happens when, the person charged says it's not an assault weapon, it's an Armalite Rifle ?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: seaswine

Have Your Father look into CBD Oil (LEGAL in ALL 50 States; Some contain absolutely ZERO THC) and there is even a newer Hemp Oil w/no THC that is also showing great results..

I'm a medically retired cop from Ca. so I'm SAFE as I'm just 'poisoning Flori-DUH' which had Bath Salts before I got here, and My opiate Rx is the same dose as when I started 14 years ago, due to the wonderful properties of Cannabis and how it works with the Endo-Cannabinoid System; The oils work so well that I give My 3 dogs drops w/their meals..

Cannabis/Endo-Cannabinoid Doesn't it 'just look' like those go together???

Proud Member of LEAP• Law Enforcement Action Partnership

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Boulder, CO Hit With Lawsuit One Day After Passing Assault Weapon Ban

The Mountain States Legal Foundation, a nonprofit public interest law firm based in Lakewood, Colorado, filed a legal challenge to Boulder’s new local regulations on firearms. The foundation named virtually the entire city government from the mayor and city manager to the city council and chief of police as defendants, arguing the ordinance violates not only the state and U.S. Constitution but also at least two Colorado statutes.

“This ban is tantamount to Boulder attempting to stop drunk driving by banning Subarus,” said Cody J. Wisniewski, an attorney with the firm. “It accomplishes nothing other than making criminals of law-abiding citizens.”
😎

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

But... even if they were after our guns, which they aren't--ask any of 'em, they'll tell ya the same, it's only 'cause they want what's best for us.

This, this is what they want for us...

“We are not our own any more than what we possess is our own. We did not make ourselves, we cannot be supreme over ourselves. We are not our own masters.”
― Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

"You didn't build that."

On the plus side, at least the anti-freedom crowd is open about it now.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join