It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A mother and son driven off the road, attacked and called racial slurs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Thejoncrichton

Why? They are unrelated to this event. Unless you are suggesting there is some coordinated effort to fake crimes among the black community of which this lady and her son are involved (which I'm going to straight up call you insane if you think is true).

If I pick an apple and ten other apples from ten other trees with no relation to the tree I picked it from turn out to be sour should I suddenly think that picked apple is sour?
edit on 17-5-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: FakeNews9999

But if you have 7 witnesses backing up your story, it's pretty hard to claim the story is wrong.

That is what is bothering me, her story sounds fake but is it, if there were witnesses?

Her details of the story sound off, a 17 year old calling his mom mommy and the racist referring to themselves as "the white supremacists" and to attack for no reason.

I will wait till the full story is out and I hope I am wrong. I have had enough of minorities making false claims and it is those fake stories that negatively effect the real incidents of racism. The only ones who can stop this type of BS is minorities themselves and for us to weed out the fake stories.

Not saying for a fact that this story is fake but it sounds off to me.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I think it is good form to trust that it is true until shown otherwise. Most news stories are true, and the reason we think that fake news proliferates the media is because we single out the few that turn out to be false.

For instance, none of us can predict how we'd act under stress. I literally laugh at the internet tough guys who say how they would handle themselves when their lives are threatened. I don't blame the kid for being scared for his life while surrounded and outnumbered by a bunch of people screaming nasty racial slurs and wielding baseball bats all while I was unarmed. I'd wager most people who say they'd man up against situations like that would be the first to piss themselves in reality. I speak as an Iraq veteran who witnessed a lot of that tough guy posturing pre-deployment.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
You going to call out the right for being racist and politicize everything
here?? This is a tragic thing that happen to these people and it has
nothing to do with 'the right'... Quit militarizing, polarizing, race baiting
and making # up in a thread.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Fake or not, if my mom would have let it go to print that i was saying "Mommy" she need to go into hiding.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

But if you have 7 witnesses backing up your story, it's pretty hard to claim the story is wrong.

What all did the 7 witnesses see?

Sometimes, not all of the story is true and not all is false.

Maybe they saw the car get rear-ended, but they didn't hear what was said if anything. It could be this woman and her son were the victims of a hit and run and embellished the story a bit by adding the racism bits. Seven people might have seen the accident itself but not actually heard anything that was said. In that way, they can corroborate her story without corroborating all of it.

link   

I think it is good form to trust that it is true until shown otherwise. Most news stories are true, and the reason we think that fake news proliferates the media is because we single out the few that turn out to be false.

Most news has kernels of truth. But the details are never right.

I've been interviewed and on TV multiple times. Never have the details been captured. And almost always it looked like the truth was omitted and replaced with something that was more sensational.

Based on my own personal experience dealing with media, i have very little faith in their stories. Other than the general gist of what they say.

link   

originally posted by: Milkweed

Source for it being faked?

I'm looking. Someone had found facebook pictures from the family's page with red spray paint cans sitting on their counter.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

So guilt until proven innocent?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

What all did the 7 witnesses see?

Sometimes, not all of the story is true and not all is false.

Maybe they saw the car get rear-ended, but they didn't hear what was said if anything. It could be this woman and her son were the victims of a hit and run and embellished the story a bit by adding the racism bits. Seven people might have seen the accident itself but not actually heard anything that was said. In that way, they can corroborate her story without corroborating all of it.

Possibly. I don't know. The article didn't say. That damage to the window was clearly NOT done by a car/truck collision though. Plus there is still the fact that the people who did it allegedly called in and confessed.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Who is guilty exactly? Where did the article name guilty parties? I seem to have missed that. I think you are confusing the idea of innocent until proven guilty as a means to try to pretend an incident didn't happen. Come to think of it, YOU are proclaiming guilt on the lady (Shim) of lying to the police and press about her story without proof. YOU are the one attempting the guilty until proven innocent argument here, mate.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

That's fair. I just feel it is safer to assume that the story is for the most part true until shown otherwise.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: FakeNews9999
A mother and son driven off the road, attacked and called racial slurs

Shim and her 17-year-old son were on their way to Latham Farms last Thursday afternoon to fill out job applications for the soon-to-be high school graduate when all of a sudden, she says, a green truck with lights on top of it rammed her car into the shoulder. "All he kept saying was, 'Mommy, they're going to kill us, they're going to kill us,' and I'm just sitting there like, 'Just go,' and I'm ducking down in the seat," Shim explained.

"They're screaming, 'We are the white supremacists,' and n*****s do not belong in their country," Shim recalled.

Ok as a minority I do believe that racism is very big deal, regardless of what the right thinks. With that said here is something about this story that seems fishy. There is just something about this story that seems off and it seems to be like "the boy who cried wolf". They say there were witnesses but it just seems like a fake story.

Random racist attacks happen from all races and I am not belittling this account but it seems fake.

Does it seem like it to anybody else?

I pride myself on picking out parts of stories that seem really off....and this one didn't disappoint.

What 17 year old do you know that calls his mother "mommy"?

Just sayin....this type of small detail in a story makes me think there is definitely more to it.

Wouldn't be surprised if it came back that the kid took the radio while in his mom's car.

Granted what they report happened wasn't the right way to go about it but I am guessing what was reported isn't exactly correct.

I think this story is BS at well but um... I'm in my thirties and married and I still call my mother "Mami" when addressing her directly

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Who is guilty exactly? Where did the article name guilty parties? I seem to have missed that. I think you are confusing the idea of innocent until proven guilty as a means to try to pretend an incident didn't happen. Come to think of it, YOU are proclaiming guilt on the lady (Shim) of lying to the police and press about her story without proof. YOU are the one attempting the guilty until proven innocent argument here, mate.

The op is guilty of promoting hate against 'THE RIGHT' posted right their for everyone to see.
When you see an OP like this my friends your going to get the exact view point from
a fascist fanatic that is trying to turn something they know of except a few details
that there is some huge war on 'the blacks' ridiculous to even argue the fact per say the
OP is a moron!! Proof the fire breathing race baiting op just got he Hammer!! goood on you ats
edit on 17-5-2018 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

a reply to: Milkweed

I agree. I see zero reason to doubt this and the reasons people are coming up with to doubt it (the son saying mommy and fearing for his life, the attackers' verbage, examples of other fake racism accounts, etc) are all SUPER flimsy reasons to doubt that this is true.

So while driving and being run off the road they actually heard these people screaming that they were the white supremacists and they should not be in the country? Then after they run them off the road they get out with a frying pan and smash the car up? Then later they call in to admit they did it?

And you see zero reason to doubt this story? LOL!

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

And we still only have one side of the story too.

Remember, in every story about a fight, there are two sides to what happened, and each one is going to be very different. Then there is going to be the side the security camera tells, and it again is going to be very different.

Again, what do we know about the other side except what this woman has said to the press about them? Nothing.

I am not saying they did or they didn't. Clearly, there was an accident. I wouldn't put it past someone to have gotten mad. I wouldn't even have put it past someone, or possibly more than one someone (like the mother) to have gotten mad and said things.

It's possible.

Green truck rear ends car for some reason. Drive is mad, says/does things in anger. Woman in car is likewise mad. Later on reports things that may or may not have happened along with things that did also out of anger.

In that scenario, no one is the good guy and I can see it happening because like everyone else, I can't see a 17-year-old calling his mother mommy (maybe momma in the South or similar regions), and I can't see racists yelling "we're the white supremacists!" like that. It's just weird.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

It's my belief that people are capable of any actions. Certain aspects may have been embellished or left out, but for the most part I see no reason to doubt the totality of the story.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It's possible that an update to the story will be printed when the perps are arrested or if it turns out to be a hoax.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

That would make sense. If the 17yo was the one who took the radio and started all of this, the when the people n the other car acted out badly, but got called out as racist they might have stated that it was the wrong vehicle.

Part of what bothers me was the insistence that she heard them yelling stuff, while her car was being hit and ran off the road.

I think this is like the stupid George Zimmer/Travon Martin situation where as two idiots were in the same spot at the same time. Only in this case the Mother was with one of the idiots while the other vehicle had the others in it.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

It's my belief that people are capable of any actions. Certain aspects may have been embellished or left out, but for the most part I see no reason to doubt the totality of the story.

I agree people are capable of any action and that aspects can be very skewed from all parties. This just seems like there is a lot more to it. The car in the video doesn't look like it was rammed. She also stated their intention was to kill them....not sure why nobody died. But most interesting is that she said they drove by her place.

So I am to believe that she happened to see them driving by in the same truck and these people happened to know where she lived, which would require some intelligence unless they lived next to her, yet they ran her off the road, screamed they were white supremacists and attempted to kill them with a frying pan?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join