It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A mother and son driven off the road, attacked and called racial slurs

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Shim and her 17-year-old son were on their way to Latham Farms last Thursday afternoon to fill out job applications for the soon-to-be high school graduate when all of a sudden, she says, a green truck with lights on top of it rammed her car into the shoulder. "All he kept saying was, 'Mommy, they're going to kill us, they're going to kill us,' and I'm just sitting there like, 'Just go,' and I'm ducking down in the seat," Shim explained.

"They're screaming, 'We are the white supremacists,' and n*****s do not belong in their country," Shim recalled.

Ok as a minority I do believe that racism is very big deal, regardless of what the right thinks. With that said here is something about this story that seems fishy. There is just something about this story that seems off and it seems to be like "the boy who cried wolf". They say there were witnesses but it just seems like a fake story.

Random racist attacks happen from all races and I am not belittling this account but it seems fake.

Does it seem like it to anybody else?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: FakeNews9999

So many of these turn out to be fake. There is ample motivation for people to fake these things. If you have no witnesses, then I think there is reason to at least be skeptical.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

The article says that 7 eye witnesses called into the police station to corroborate the story while she (Shim) was giving her testimony. What's exactly fishy about it?

Shim says in the time she was being interrogated at Troop G, seven eyewitnesses called to corroborate her story.

Furthermore, the alleged people who did it confessed after realizing they ran the wrong people off the road:

"The people that did it said, 'Oh, we thought that her vehicle was the vehicle who robbed my son for a radio a day prior in Watervliet,'" Shim explained.

Also the picture of the lady's car is severely damaged. The rear driver side window is smashed in.
edit on 17-5-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: FakeNews9999

Shim and her 17-year-old son were on their way to Latham Farms last Thursday afternoon to fill out job applications for the soon-to-be high school graduate when all of a sudden, she says, a green truck with lights on top of it rammed her car into the shoulder. "All he kept saying was, 'Mommy, they're going to kill us, they're going to kill us,' and I'm just sitting there like, 'Just go,' and I'm ducking down in the seat," Shim explained.

"They're screaming, 'We are the white supremacists,' and n*****s do not belong in their country," Shim recalled.

Ok as a minority I do believe that racism is very big deal, regardless of what the right thinks. With that said here is something about this story that seems fishy. There is just something about this story that seems off and it seems to be like "the boy who cried wolf". They say there were witnesses but it just seems like a fake story.

Random racist attacks happen from all races and I am not belittling this account but it seems fake.

I'm going to call BS... something is being left out of the story.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I am not reading thiis click bait article. Is the kid retarded? 17 years old and have his ‘mommy’ drive him to fill out applications. Then he ducks down when the car is being hit...someone has low T

I am thinking this should be in the hoax category

+4 more 
posted on May, 17 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Does it sound normal for bad white guys to say, "We're the white supremacist!". That seems odd to me. I'd wait to see how this pans out before investing too much concern.

Here in Ohio we had a family a white folks cornered by a group of black guys and beat up. While they were beating them up they told them "this is a black world! This is our world". The police corroborated the story but said "We're not addressing this as a hate crime.

So this stuff goes both ways.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: FakeNews9999

I pride myself on picking out parts of stories that seem really off....and this one didn't disappoint.

What 17 year old do you know that calls his mother "mommy"?

Just sayin....this type of small detail in a story makes me think there is definitely more to it.

Wouldn't be surprised if it came back that the kid took the radio while in his mom's car.

Granted what they report happened wasn't the right way to go about it but I am guessing what was reported isn't exactly correct.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thejoncrichton
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Does it sound normal for bad white guys to say, "We're the white supremacist!". That seems odd to me. I'd wait to see how this pans out before investing too much concern.

I don't know. What do white supremacists usually yell while destroying property? Are you an authority on that?

Here in Ohio we had a family a white folks cornered by a group of black guys and beat up. While they were beating them up they told them "this is a black world! This is our world". The police corroborated the story but said "We're not addressing this as a hate crime.

So this stuff goes both ways.

How is this whataboutism fallacy evidence that this story is false?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
It just seems off to me. I think it has to do with this line "We are the white supremacists,' and n*****s do not belong in their country," , I understand what it is like to be a minority in America but this story is bothering me.

When was the last time a racist referred to them as "the white supremacists"?

Something is missing from story or it did not happen the way she said it did.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
dont believe it

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

But if you have 7 witnesses backing up your story, it's pretty hard to claim the story is wrong.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

How is this whataboutism fallacy evidence that this story is false?

How about a list of recently faked hate crimes? Are you aware of how popular they have been over the last few years? My point is posting that was just to show these things happen to everyone. Not as evidence of a fake hate crime. The evidence for that is in the story and recent rash of fake hate crimes.

edit on 17-5-2018 by Thejoncrichton because: (no reason given)

link   

But if you have 7 witnesses backing up your story, it's pretty hard to claim the story is wrong.

There were more witnesses to the Michael Brown incident that claimed he had his hands up and it turned out they all lied.

link   

There were more witnesses to the Michael Brown incident that claimed he had his hands up and it turned out they all lied.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
You gotta start by assuming they are telling the truth. I mean, there's nothing to gain from destroying your own car. Also, the story really isn't that far fetched.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Thejoncrichton

That doesn't prove this particular incident is fake. It's just a list of fake crimes. If I were to rob your house then post a list of fake robberies over the last year does that mean the robbery I just perpetuated didn't happen?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Milkweed
You gotta start by assuming they are telling the truth. I mean, there's nothing to gain from destroying your own car. Also, the story really isn't that far fetched.

Oh no? What about this recent incident?

www.clickorlando.com...

It turned out to be fake. They did it themselves to get out of car payments.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Milkweed

I agree. I see zero reason to doubt this and the reasons people are coming up with to doubt it (the son saying mommy and fearing for his life, the attackers' verbage, examples of other fake racism accounts, etc) are all SUPER flimsy reasons to doubt that this is true.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

a reply to: Thejoncrichton

That doesn't prove this particular incident is fake. It's just a list of fake crimes. If I were to rob your house then post a list of fake robberies over the last year does that mean the robbery I just perpetuated didn't happen?

no but the recent rash of fake hate crimes should give you pause. The fake ones are so prevalent because of people's tendency to just believe it out of hand.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thejoncrichton

originally posted by: Milkweed

Oh no? What about this recent incident?

www.clickorlando.com...

It turned out to be fake. They did it themselves to get out of car payments.

Source for it being faked?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join