It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mueller Indicted Russians Using Social Media Posts Never Translated from Russian

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Really getting crazy in that SP Mueller court case about Russians and election juggling.

Now a defense claim is:

The Russian social media stuff is in Russian !!

And maybe wasn't really translated to English.

Does anybody actually have any evidence in this case ?

Mueller Indicted Russians Using Social Media Posts Never Translated from Russian

Mueller’s Russia troll farm case just hit another snag. It seems the social media posts and data we were told influenced the 2016 election were and continue to be in Russian. At least that’s true of the reams of data given to one of the alleged troll companies Wednesday, if Politico’s reporting is accurate.

How was that supposed to influence a U.S. election? How did they even know if it did given it was never translated. You can’t make this stuff up.

The Russia troll farm case appears to have been, in some measure, a Mueller PR stunt, but we will see soon enough.

“We had a very brief call on Friday initiated by the government,” Dubelier said. He said prosecutors told him much of the information was in Russian, but they had no translations. “I said, ‘How do you know what’s in it?’”

😃🔆

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
No words but these to describe my disbelief.

"Wot in tarnation?"

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
It was absolutely a PR stunt. Mueller never expected to actually prosecute any of the Russian trolls he indicted. He probably crapped his pants when one of them actually stepped forward to plead Not Guilty.
edit on 17-5-2018 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
They were influencing other Russians then? Is that how we're supposed to read that if true? Oh boy. How does one say "Witch Hunt" in Russian?

Reminds me of Natalia Veselnitskaya who Fusion GPS was working with in helping to overturn the Magnitsky Act. The same thing they initially accused the Trump campaign of doing.

Glenn Simpson testified that he didn't know what he and Veselnitskaya talked about when meeting both before and right after the tower meeting because he doesn't speak Russian and she doesn't speak English.

Those tricky Russians are using Russian to fool us!! Brilliant tactics.

edit on 17-5-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
None of this is making sense.....

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
They were influencing Russians? Is that how we're supposed to read that if true? Oh boy. How does one say "Witch Hunt" in Russian?

охота на ведьм

(Thank you, Google Translate.)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Not sure if its true but they (SP) supposedly gave the defense 2 terabytes of data . So much for a quick trial eh
eta ...all in Russian
edit on 17-5-2018 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
It was absolutely a PR stunt. Mueller never expected to actually prosecute any of the Russian trolls he indicted. He probably crapped his pants when one of them actually stepped forward to plead Not Guilty.

Yup... and the "P" obviously stands for "propaganda" in this case -- meant to gaslight the public into believing criminal wrongdoing to take down a duly elected president.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Perhaps the information sent to the defense counsel that's not been translated is the backend communication between the defendants. Things like emails, strategy documents, etc. would likely be written in Russian rather than English.

Presumably Mueller's team presented some evidence in English to the Grand Jury to get the indictment.

If the government refuses to provide English language translations for their evidence, I suggest the defense team insist on a jury made up of people fluent in Russian. And they should employ a Russian speaking attorney to present the entire case in Russian.

Возражайте своей честью! (Objection your honor!)

-dex

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Really getting crazy in that SP Mueller court case about Russians and election juggling.

Now a defense claim is:

The Russian social media stuff is in Russian !!

And maybe wasn't really translated to English.

Does anybody actually have any evidence in this case ?

Mueller’s Russia troll farm case just hit another snag. It seems the social media posts and data we were told influenced the 2016 election were and continue to be in Russian. At least that’s true of the reams of data given to one of the alleged troll companies Wednesday, if Politico’s reporting is accurate.

How was that supposed to influence a U.S. election? How did they even know if it did given it was never translated. You can’t make this stuff up.

The Russia troll farm case appears to have been, in some measure, a Mueller PR stunt, but we will see soon enough.

“We had a very brief call on Friday initiated by the government,” Dubelier said. He said prosecutors told him much of the information was in Russian, but they had no translations. “I said, ‘How do you know what’s in it?’”

😃🔆

LOL...they have to pass a bill to find out what's in it....DUH!

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Looks bad!

So who can read Russian were influenced by Russian FP posts...

How many could that actually be?

I figured the Dems have written off Russians as a whole, wouldnt that be like indicting CNN or Fox for biased news reported to their loyalist consumer bases?

Grasping desperately and fudging facts.

Didnt they learn that lesson in the Steele Dossier?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
And nobody has come up with a verified number votes influenced !!

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
None of this is making sense.....

I agree.Before I saw your post ,I was thinking that when this is all over,this is going to make a great book.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I guess since Mueller and Co speak Russian so fluently, they just assumed all Americans could understand the Russian ads as well as they could.

top topics

join