It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No morals in the work place!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

They sleep very well. Winning, getting over on someone is all they care about. No moral compass needed. Just a tally of wins v. losses.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

originally posted by: TonyS

"I mean do people just get where they are in life now by lying, cheating and stealing?"

In the US?

Yea, pretty much.

What I want to know is how do these people sleep at night?

I don't think they do. Have you seen the statistics on the amount of pharmaceuticals people take for mental problems alone? Most of these people just don't understand the consequences of selling their soul. They never reflect, choosing instead to drown out that voice inside that is crying out in pain.

No I don't think they do and two agents today have lied straight to my face about things to cover their own butts and we lost a client because of one! One agent is the laziest yet she writes a lot of policies but they are crap policies that shouldn't even go through. Most have to be re-written (BY ME and I dont get any extra money) or cancelled because they aren't valid. I am so pissed right now I want to go home before I curse someone out. It is insane to listen to them just lie day in and day out!

I think it is great that you question. I just hope you choose the right path.

I question everything and everyone. I don't trust many people for obvious reasons. It seems lying is the new thing or maybe it always has been. I like my job but others doing it wrong make it hard for me to do it right.

I also grew up dirt poor and even tried to help the parents out with paper route money sometimes (they never took it). I wouldn't change that period of my life for the world. I think if you are a moral and just person, you can do more for your children than you ever could with material objects alone.

Agreed! I know people who were given everything growing up and it shows in how they are as an adult. They expect everything to be handed to them. I just don't get it

Maybe you are looking at this situation from the wrong angle?

What do you mean?

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I don't do sarcasm irl, certainly would not on the internet. I am dead serious. Your only concern should be yourself and the children until they reach adulthood. Step on everyone and everything you have to to secure that future. That is the difference between us at the bottom, and the ones on top. They will do whatever it takes to succeed. This is not new or sudden, this is literally how all of human civilizations has done it throughout history.

The business you are in will reward you for being vicious and merciless. Take advantage of it and rise to the top. Of. Iurse if your only interested in punching the clock on time and collection a wage that is absolutely reasonable as well. Just know you have to bite your tongue, swallow the pride, and continue on with the same duties your on now. Every adult by now know what happens when you choose to be a hero, especially at the workplace.

Hell, if your down for the battle it can be fun. I have this tingly feeling though that a person of your nature would do better to simply submit an anonymous ethics complaint to the parent company human resources or ethics division, assuming your in a company that has that resource. Surely you have to know taking on this kind of. Challenge is akin to pushing a boulder uphill, and then trying to ease it back down without letting it roll away.

<< 1  2   >>

join