It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This new Childish Gambino Song Promotes Divisive Lies

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Milkweed
This thread has turned from analyzing a video to why you think racism against black people doesn't exists. These misleading arguments have been heard over and over again. Congratulations, you can repeat what you hear like a parrot.

I never said that. All you guys can do is lob lie after lie.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thejoncrichton

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Thejoncrichton

He grew up poor in Atlanta and busted his ass to get where he is.

Exactly my point. That's what everyone does who is successful. Being black didn't matter, did it?

From what I got the video is about the stereotypes of black culture in American and the unfair treatment of African Americans in the media and entertainment. Which explains the exaggerated movement and facial expressions and poses.

The video is really well made and the topic shouldn't be compared to black on black crime since it's not a relevant topic to the songs theme. But people are getting upset if you even make memes about the song which is rediculous.

Honestly the video is better then the actual song but that's just my own perspective.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Let's be real here. The thread has always been about that. The black-on-black crime argument is a dogwhistle to claim that black racism isn't an issue since blacks kill so many other blacks. The OP being unable to answer my question about other issues affecting the black community shows that as well.

And I answered you by saying those other issues are exacerbated by not dealing with the reality of the actual issues facing black people in America. I answered you several times. You are anything but "real".
edit on 17-5-2018 by Thejoncrichton because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

From what I got the video is about the stereotypes of black culture in American and the unfair treatment of African Americans in the media and entertainment.

Who in the media is mistreating black Americans? As far as I can tell they are united in promoting the narrative that they are victims.

The video is really well made and the topic shouldn't be compared to black on black crime since it's not a relevant topic to the songs theme.

Black people slaughtering each other at rates no other groups comes close to (a feat considering black men are 6% of the country.), but that has no relevance to any of their issues? NONE? REALLY?

But people are getting upset if you even make memes about the song which is rediculous.

People don't like being scapegoats Imagine that.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Who is "Childish Gambino" and how does their song fit in to this?

Have the lyrics or something?

This is America - Lyrics
It's obvious that the OP hasn't fully listened to the lyrics or internalized them since he thinks the song is primarily about Black Lives Matter.

After reading the lyrics, I would say this is nothing to get worked up over.

It is what it is.
edit on 17-5-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

The truth is that the biggest threat to black people in this country is other black people

Of course you're right. But facts don't feed their self-aggrandizing self-victimizing culture of perpetual victimhood.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Exactly. The OP didn't read or listen to the lyrics, read some right wing source blowing smoke, and here we have this thread.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Honestly the video is better then the actual song but that's just my own perspective.

I think that's how most people feel. The song itself is average but the video is 10/10.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
They also forget that most "black on black" crime is used to attack law abiding gun owners. When in reality, most of these "gun murders" are caused by predominately AA/Lat gangs in inner-cities.

Not talking about mass shootings, which are *near* universally committed by white males (or PETA Vegan Iranian Women)

Hence, attempting to craft laws to fix one by targeting the other is fruitless.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

They also forget that most "black on black" crime is used to attack law abiding gun owners

Most? Do you have some sort of source for that claim?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Exactly. The OP didn't read or listen to the lyrics, read some right wing source blowing smoke, and here we have this thread.

Can you refute anything with facts or are you going to continue lobbing insults?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

They also forget that most "black on black" crime is used to attack law abiding gun owners

When they cite gun violence in the county they don't point out that most of that is either suicides or black on black gang violence.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

My question was a yes or no question. I was waiting for either of those two answers. I didn't ask you to qualify your answer. Hell, you didn't even say yes or no to begin with. You just started qualifying your answer.

By the way, there are many factors that go into black-on-black crime being as high as it is. Same goes for police on black brutality. Also the ongoing ghettoization of black America, and other issues. Some of them are exacerbate the others, but one certainly isn't a primary cause of another.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Can you refute anything with facts or are you going to continue lobbing insults?

What's insulting about that post? Are you offended that I'm saying you didn't read the lyrics? I mean you clearly didn't because of the focus on this thread.

PS: I thought you were done talking to me?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

My question was a yes or no question. I was waiting for either of those two answers. I didn't ask you to qualify your answer. Hell, you didn't even say yes or no to begin with. You just started qualifying your answer.

By the way, there are many factors that go into black-on-black crime being as high as it is. Same goes for police on black brutality. Also the ongoing ghettoization of black America, and other issues. Some of them are exacerbate the others, but one certainly isn't a primary cause of another.

On going ghettoization of black America is self-inflicted...

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I have to ask how many of you that are ascribing a strictly pro-BLM/anti-white message to this video are familiar with the rest of Glover's work. Clearly none of you.

If you had watched Atlanta you would know that Glover has no problem calling out the black community for the problems they cause for themselves. Just like he has no problem calling out white Liberals that try to identify with black culture so much they have become racist. And sure he takes shots at the standard Right Wing caricatures as well but he has no problem saying that the issues in the Black community go beyond the police and the white man.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

When they cite gun violence in the county they don't point out that most of that is either suicides or black on black gang violence.

So no source showing that most black on black crime is used to attack law-abiding gun owners?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

In America, the highest art is the art of death. Here are 100 reasons why this must be true (a video by Childish Gambino).

You feel aggrieved because one of those reasons (in Glover's opinion) is/might be "systemic racism," which bothers you and makes you feel personally singled out and/or violated in some way.

I get it. That sucks.

The monocasual reasoning of the person who made your video isn't helping. I apologize for assuming you (or they for that matter) could view a complex issue through a multicasual lens.

For the record, I think the victim/victimizer duality is just as narrow and a systemic/cultural dead-end. I think Gambino would agree.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

By the way, there are many factors that go into black-on-black crime being as high as it is.

Exactly. Simply blaming white people or racism isn't going to cut it. That's my only point.

Same goes for police on black brutality

There is an issue with some cops being brutal, but it affects everyone. In fact it affects more white than black people due to the population size difference. Again, not the message you guys are putting out. It's strictly a black issue in your mind.

Also the ongoing ghettoization of black America, and other issues.
Some of them are exacerbate the others, but one certainly isn't a primary cause of another.

It's a big one that gets completely ignored by the main stream media and the left in general.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join