It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This new Childish Gambino Song Promotes Divisive Lies

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Wow, this new Childish Gambino song promotes a manufactured, false reality. It's all lies.

The truth is that the biggest threat to black people in this country is other black people (93% of black murders done by other black people, 83% for whites). And yes, most whites are killed by whites as well, but at a much lower rate. In fact, the statistics show that black people are killing black people at a ridiculously higher rate than vice versa. There is no assault on black Americans by White Americans. Based on the numbers, the reality is that it's the other way around.

I'm not saying this as an attack on black people at all. Quite the opposite. I don't know why things are this way, but that is the reality. What this propagandist (perhaps unwittingly) is spewing out is a lie and will only serve to exacerbate the problem. Instead of dealing with the actual issues, he's helping spread more division and hate. Great...

Prove me wrong.

www.channel4.com...

But academics have noted that the proportion of black suspects arrested by the police tends to match closely the proportion of offenders identified as black by victims in the National Crime Victimization Survey.

This doesn’t support the idea that the police are unfairly discriminating against the black population when they make arrests.

It’s true that around 13 per cent of Americans are black, according to the latest estimates from the US Census Bureau.

And yes, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, black offenders committed 52 per cent of homicides recorded in the data between 1980 and 2008. Only 45 per cent of the offenders were white. Homicide is a broader category than “murder” but let’s not split hairs.

Blacks were disproportionately likely to commit homicide and to be the victims. In 2008 the offending rate for blacks was seven times higher than for whites and the victimisation rate was six times higher.

As we found yesterday, 93 per cent of black victims were killed by blacks and 84 per cent of white victims were killed by whites.

Alternative statistics from the FBI are more up to date but include many crimes where the killer’s race is not recorded. These numbers tell a similar story.

In 2013, the FBI has black criminals carrying out 38 per cent of murders, compared to 31.1 per cent for whites. The offender’s race was “unknown” in 29.1 per cent of cases.

What about violent crime more generally? FBI arrest rates are one way into this. Over the last three years of data – 2011 to 2013 – 38.5 per cent of people arrested for murder, manslaughter, rape, robbery, and aggravated assault were black.

Clearly, these figures are problematic.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Thejoncrichton

PJW had a good video on this with similar facts. It was of course demonetized, slapped with a community warning and is probably visible only by a very direct search or if you are subscribed.

Facts are Facts, it's the only REAL thing, everything else is just opinions and feelings and a way to inflict a herd mentality on those that someone wishes to exploit.

+4 more 
posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I have a question. Do you think that pointing out the amount of black-on-black crime mean the issues that David Glover pointed out aren't true? Because to me that sounds like a whataboutism fallacy? Do you honestly believe there is only one possible issue affecting the black community and it is black on black crime?
edit on 17-5-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Racism against black people exists. The whole "black people kill black people" argument is tired and worn out.

+2 more 
posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
I have a question. Do you think that pointing out the amount of black-on-black crime mean the issues that David Glover pointed out aren't true?

Black on black crime is an epidemic. Black men kill black men at rates no other group in this country comes close to including the majority. Don't you think this might have something to do with their police interactions? Doesn't it suggest that racism isn't the reason for these issues?

But we can't even ask these questions. Well, we can ask them but they aren't given any attention in popular media or academia and we're called racists for for it. They just push a political narrative that further divides us.

Because to me that sounds like a whataboutism fallacy? Do you honestly believe there is only one possible issue affecting the black community and it is black on black crime?

I'm saying that it's a crock to promote "Black Lives Matter" that is targeted at blaming white people and white racism, when the primary taker of black lives is black people. Not only that but they kill each other at rates nobody else comes close to when it comes to interracial murder. I'm offering alternate factors other than white people and racism.

edit on 17-5-2018 by Thejoncrichton because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Milkweed
Racism against black people exists. The whole "black people kill black people" argument is tired and worn out.

It's just a fact. A fact that folks like you don't want to address while cast black Americans as the victims of white Americans. That facts and stats paint a very different picture.

+1 more 
posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

I think you're missing a few key points

1) it's the artists opinion. He doesn't owe you facts.
2) if you read the lyrics you'd know he's not contradicting any of your claims
4) he's aware where the violence is coming from, and doesn't blame white people kmfor shooting black people. He blames his own neighborhood.
3) if fact, the one complaint he makes towards the establishment is that, as a black man, he's just a bar code... or statistic. Which you're all too willing to reinforce.

But yeah, seeing a black man doing something successfully that doesn't fit with how you think he should be acting is the real problem.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Who is "Childish Gambino" and how does their song fit in to this?

Have the lyrics or something?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: bender151

I think you're missing a few key points

1) it's the artists opinion. He doesn't owe you facts.

But the media and Hollywood are using it to push an allegedly factual narrative. The video itself is just a continuation of this media narrative. Hell, it's an academic narrative as well and is being taught in schools.

But yeah, seeing a black man doing something successfully that doesn't fit with how you think he should be acting is the real problem.

And here we have it. Ask the question, you're a racist!

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

You must be new to the internet. Let me youtube that for you.

Welcome to the World Wide Web, Surfer!

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thejoncrichton

originally posted by: Milkweed

It's just a fact. A fact that folks like you don't want to address while cast black Americans as the victims of white Americans. That facts and stats paint a very different picture.

Numbers don't paint a full picture.

How many white people have killed black people because of racism? Do you have those numbers?

Now, How many black people kill black people because of racism?

There is a problem with white against black racism. You're just in denial.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
The video is filled with references to "black on black" crime. It also references police killings of young black males, school shootings, minstrel shows, extrajudicial torture and death riding a pale horse.

Art is hard. It tends to bring out whatever the receiver brings to the table.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Because crunching numbers and using statistics for a on going social and quite known social issue means it's right.
Yea sure black on black crime happens, but the question is why. And the reasons are rather uncomfortable for a lot of people to swallow.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   

You must be new to the internet. Let me youtube that for you.

Welcome to the World Wide Web, Surfer!

New to the internet? No.

Do I get caught up in the popular fads and other meaningless bull#? No. I do not.

Can you point out specific lyrics that bother you?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Because crunching numbers and using statistics for a on going social and quite known social issue means it's right.
Yea sure black on black crime happens, but the question is why. And the reasons are rather uncomfortable for a lot of people to swallow.

Right, your reason is "white people" and yes white people (like any other people) don't like being blamed for other people's problems based on their skin color. What if black people are totally responsible for their own behavior? Do you even consider such a thing? You dismiss crime statistics and National Crime Victimization Surveys, but what do you have to prove your side?

edit on 17-5-2018 by Thejoncrichton because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
The video is filled with references to "black on black" crime. It also references police killings of young black males.

When does it reference "black on black crime"? Young white males are killed by cops. In fact, more white males are killed by cops! What the video portrays is a political narrative that is a lie.

+1 more 
posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I, too, just learned who this person is yesterday and have never seen the video.

It's actually so refreshing not being part of the pop culture wave. I'm proud to not be one of the 10's of millions that flocks to the latest youtube recommended crap content.

Yay, free thought.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Black on black crime is an epidemic. Black men kill black men at rates no other group in this country comes close to including the majority. Don't you think this might have something to do with their police interactions? Doesn't it suggest that racism isn't the reason for these issues?

I didn't ask what you thought about black on black crime. I asked a specific question on if you think these other issues are a problem too.

But we can't even ask these questions. Well, we can ask them but they aren't given any attention in popular media or academia and we're called racists for for it. They just push a political narrative that further divides us.

I'd say you are the one trying to be divisive here, but regardless you still aren't answering my questions.

I'm saying that it's a crock to promote "Black Lives Matter" that is targeted at blaming white people and white racism, when the primary taker of black lives is black people. Not only that but they kill each other at rates nobody else comes close to when it comes to interracial murder. I'm offering alternate factors other than white people and racism.

Why is it so hard to answer my questions? Do you consider the issues David Glover pointed out in his song to be issues or do you think that black on black crime makes them not issues? The fact you are dodging the question makes me assume certain things about you.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

I'm almost 40, so trust when I say I knew nothing about this guy until a few days ago. What bothered me after watching it is how it's being promoted in the media as some kind of cultural landmark. That's disturbing when what's being portrayed is not the reality.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

This is America - Lyrics
It's obvious that the OP hasn't fully listened to the lyrics or internalized them since he thinks the song is primarily about Black Lives Matter.
edit on 17-5-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join