It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White woman calls police on black family's BBQ for 'trespassing' in Oakland Park

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Race or not...this is the stupidest thing I have seen since i saw a lady drop a deuce at Hortons yesterday.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I think based on what I saw that she's a bitter little bitch but not much else.

Why are you bringing Hillary into this, she lost. Let it go

So what is the reason this person has been proven as a racist and not just an Ahole or SJW?
edit on 59531America/ChicagoThu, 17 May 2018 08:59:49 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Seems like these racist people are being more vocal with their need for safe spaces. I wonder what immigrants and their children think. Persian, Arabic and Indian people. "F that. I'm staying inside. They're turning on their own."

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Seems like these racist people are being more vocal with their need for safe spaces. I wonder what immigrants and their children think. Persian, Arabic and Indian people. "F that. I'm staying inside. They're turning on their own."

Nothing has changed though. In fact, its gotten better. So much so that when people do this kind of stuff its public spectacle instead of just another Thursday.

I don't think anyone is being any "more" anything in regards to this. THere are just 300m sets of eyes recording in the US, and just as many opportunities for stupidity to happen.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Here is the write up of the incident:

panthertimes.com...

"According to one of the men targeted, Kenzie Smith, the White lady was bothering him and his friend, Deacon for BBQing at Lake Merritt in a designated BBQ zone.

“I got out of the car at Cleveland Cascade stairs, and when I walked across the street, she was standing there on the phone. She said, ‘Oh great, another 'n-word'.’

Smith looked around because he didn’t know who she was talking to. He was the only Black person in that area of the sidewalk. He walked over to his friend Deacon, where he had the BBQ, and said “Yo bro, what’s going on?”

He told Smith she had called the police for BBQing. “We both started cracking up, laughing,” Smith said.

According to Smith, it was around this time a young Black lady was standing over to the corner. She approached the table where the BBQ was being set up and introduced herself. She said she had witnessed the situation. By this time, the White lady walked over to the table, and she slammed her fist on the table and said: “There’s no BBQ today, you need to leave.”"

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Ego, identity politics and useful tools to aid each.

On the street, it's not anywhere as prevalent as the media makes it out to be.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yup, that is racist, that charcoal is black and they cannot use it to do a bbq there. Maybe they should have used White gas for their campstove.

Well charcoal requires firelighters that are usually white so it must have been a mixed race grill.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Youtube and phone footage definitely makes it seem like it's common, but in a nation of 300+ million people, even 1% being dicks is a lot of potential situations to be captured on film.

What's with cops and things like this though?
Our cops wouldn't be interested and say it was a civil matter. We have rangers on national parks here, unarmed, no powers of arrest, and a few years ago with some friends we were camping somewhere 'forbidden'. Anyway, a ranger came to tell us to move and we told him to sling his hook because we'll take all our trash with us and cause no harm, stupid prohibition.
He said he'd call the cops and we all burst out laughing like any cop is going to drive out to the moors on a friday night to deal with forbidden camping lol. They are far to busy dealing with drunken fights in bars and clubs.
He walked away sheepishly knowing there was nothing he could do.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

He's the one who said blacks bbq where they don't belong . I just asked why he said that.

Actually I asked "if" blacks bbq wherever they want too, not that they do.
A question not a statement.
Do you always twist other peoples words?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

PMSL!
Add a twist, grill some halloumi cheese, onion bahji's, and some doner meat, make it proper multicultural then

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

That park has designated BBQ areas, they were not in one... the woman who called the cops has COPD, she was in an area that should've been clear of smoke but they were using a charcoal grill in an un-authorized area, ill call the cops on that every time...

edit on 17-5-2018 by Dizrael because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Parks are places where people congregate to do untoward actions. In a town I lived in a few years ago the public park was also a popular place for runaways to meet up with older men, so was heavily patrolled at night. During the day, most parks ive been around tend to be hangouts for junkies. The best parks, IMO, are the ones situated in less populated areas that are less desirable for development, as the junkies and ne'verdowells tend to stay in the places with more population.

In San Antonio they have park police, and I've seen them go barelling over the curb at Travis Park more than once in their pursuit of what passes for justice.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Blinking 'eck, sounds rough!
National parks are beauty spots, coast, moors, hills etc, but standard parks in towns and cities are generally safe here as well, just underage drinkers on weekend nights. The cops generally leave them alone as well, sometimes confiscate their booze when they do a 'welfare' patrol.
My own son was caught with pot some years ago while underage drinking at the park, stupid fool was carrying the bong so was sprung when they searched his bag, anyway, they just took him home so his mother gave him a roasting.
The pot was 'confiscated' lmao, smoked by the cop that night more like.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dizrael
ill call the cops on that every time...

LMAO sounds like a police state!
There is no way in the world cops in my constabulary would attend a report of 'forbidden BBQ's' in a park, not a chance! They'd laugh and say stop wasting our time.
...and people say we're oppressed over here lol

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

caught with pot some years ago while underage drinking at the park, stupid fool was carrying the bong so was sprung when they searched his bag

Hahhaha that's like the cars in the 90's who used to have massive rear window stickers reading 'On a Mission.' Might as well have read............. I'm on pills please pull me coppers

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dizrael

That park has designated BBQ areas, they were not in one... the woman who called the cops has COPD, she was in an area that should've been clear of smoke but they were using a charcoal grill in an un-authorized area, ill call the cops on that every time...

Bull. S#%@

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Race division is a plague.

Those who incite it, need a smack up the side of the head!

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Dizrael

You're avatar screams 'Rip my # head off and eat me for lunch.' Just saying.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Haha yes!
I think our cops are well more chilled though, I go to the solstice party at stonehenge, it's the only time they let you in the circle to touch the stones. Anyway, one year I joked to a cop at the last checkpoint that all my drugs were in my bloodstream so does that count as possession? He laughed and replied "Drugs are legal tonight, we only give a # about protecting the stones and public order"
...on that note, when my son was little we hopped over the rope fence at the henge and touched the stones, walked around them, while 'the public' looked on with outrage. I didn't give toss, it's not a criminal offence so no cops were gonna show up anytime soon.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: rickymouse

Yup, that is racist, that charcoal is black and they cannot use it to do a bbq there. Maybe they should have used White gas for their campstove.

Well charcoal requires firelighters that are usually white so it must have been a mixed race grill.

When you light up the charcoal, after a while it turns white from the ash. That is the problem here, the white stuff is what causes all the problems when your finished. Yes, this clearly shows that the whites are the real reason for all the bbq problems.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join