It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White woman calls police on black family's BBQ for 'trespassing' in Oakland Park

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Oh it's just an isolated event right? Never mind the fact we've seen this happen again and again and again. These are just upstanding 'concerned' citizens?

Sunday morning barbecue along Oakland, California’s Lake Merritt was derailed after a woman called the police on them for using a charcoal grill. Several witnesses and other family members attending the cookout said it was about race.

Video recorded by Michelle Snider on April 29 shows a white woman standing in the East Bay’s designated BBQ zone as she tells a group of black family and friends that they cannot hold a BBQ there using a charcoal grill. One of the men was accused of “trespassing” by the irate woman while on the phone with the police, Kenzie Smith told KRON-TV. The woman hurled several racial epithets at them and told them they’d soon be going to prison for their Sunday afternoon actions.

www.newsweek.com...

The video footage:

She's been ID'd by the way. Allegedly a doctor.... Dr Jennifer Shulte? Multiple sources are confirming so I guess that's her. Not sure what else to say. It seems people deem it necessary to remind minorities where their place is. Make no bones about it, this isn't a recent thing by any account. These incidences have been happening for years and people are saying no more, not acceptable, and they're recording, and rightfully so.

Not just blacks of course. On Tuesday an NYC attorney went on a racist tirade after seeing two employees take orders from other customers in spanish. It seems people aren't taking it anymore and these incidences of racial bias are now being recorded and these individuals exposed. I wonder how much tax payer money is literally wasted on minorities being falsely called on and accused of shady actions? Not only that but the emotional impact this has on minorities once again being reminded they're 'out of place'.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

You're allowed to use barbecues in parks? They are strictly prohibited in the UK to prevent forest fires.

Eta: I missed the designated area part. I wish we had those here.

edit on 17-5-2018 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Obama said, see something say something, blame it on Obama.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   
So what's the point?

Racism exists?
Or
Black people don't care where they bbq?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Yes in many parks they have grilling areas.
Most provide the grills.

Is that Sarah Sanders on a weekend stroll?

And why is she holding that phone and not talking to anyone.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

The lady was wrong. And why paint blacks with your wide friggin brush?
Very telling this post.
Very revealing.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Is that Sarah Sanders on a weekend stroll?

And why is she holding that phone and not talking to anyone.

Lol, those were two of my observations too.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   
The problem with incidents like this is its almost impossible to tell if it's racially motivated.
She seems like the type to call the cops on anyone for anything.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   

We have fires and BBQ's all over in my parts, beaches, moors, woodland, I don't recognise the UK you describe.
On topic though the woman in the OP is a douch.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Yeah she went out of her way to make trouble and then cried like a baby at the end

Also why did she not give that other women her bloody card back!! that’s all she wanted later on and then she could leave in peace

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

A douche is clean. She looks like she needs a shampoo and a bath.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword
Agreed

a reply to: Sillyolme
PMSL!
Also agreed

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Beaches yes but parks, they always say they're prohibited as soon as you enter.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

A douche is clean. She looks like she needs a shampoo and a bath.

Definitely a Democrat!

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

You like enjoy inciting race division don't you?
edit on 17-5-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack

You like inciting race division dont you?

Only when blacks are the target.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Yup, that is racist, that charcoal is black and they cannot use it to do a bbq there. Maybe they should have used White gas for their campstove.

I do not know the rules there, but some areas do not allow charcoal grills because people dump the charcoal in the garbage cans or on the ground when they pack up their grills. I do not know what the situation is here, but it may be she was just upset because of the black charcoal.

I know about this because I have been to places that do not allow charcoal grills because of this reason.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

Also why did she not give that other women her bloody card back!! that’s all she wanted later on and then she could leave in peace

Because that would have destroyed her original plan to give the black folks some agro from the police.

She went all in when she should have folded. I hope the stupid cow got arrested for theft.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I dont know that they're inciting that blacks are targets or whites? It seems the latter is instigation enough.
edit on 17-5-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Obama said, see something say something, blame it on Obama.

Stop being coy and trying to shoehorn your hatred of Obama into the thread. The fault of this lays squarely on the woman who called the police and you know that damn well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join