It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kilauea Volcano Hawaii On Red Alert - Major Eruption imminent

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

appreciate all the info shared...

the last entry is very interesting to me

Finer Structure of the
Hawaiian Mantle Plume: Relation
to the Earth’s deep mantle - (direct .pdf link)

might this be why the West Coast USA & up to Alaska is unlike the rest of the ring-of-fire that has very hot and violent activity/EQs/Lava

~ the deep Mantle convection current which seems to produce the Mantle Plume hot-spot for the crisis in Hawaii is actually protecting the Pacific coast & Cascadia & up to Fairbanks Alaska from the highly active core heating of Mantle

see the Arc designated as 'A' in the exact last graphic of your linked ~pdf~
… the north hemisphere, ring-of-fire on the Pacific coast from Baja-CA-Cascades-Canada-Alaska are experiencing a neutral condition right now...I guess because the Hawaii 'Kea' side of the deep mantle hot-spot Hawaiian Mantle
Plume is drawing off the really kinetic Magma flows....

Something's Happening with everywhere in the ring-of-fire blasting Mother Earth except for places like Rainier/Hood/Yellowstone/La Brea tarpits, etc....I think that the future has some surprises for us & homeland volcano's

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
so in layman's terms what do you guys think is happening any future explosive eruptions?

does the volcanic activity have anything to do with the sun?

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Personally, I think that the distance between the Hawaiian hotspot and the Cascadian region is too great for there to be any sort of direct or proportional connection between activity at the two places. The areas are completely different in terms of tectonic and volcanic activity.

This paper shows some of the deeper activity of mantle plumes:

The new, high-resolution map of the mantle–the hot rock below Earth’s crust but above the planet’s iron core–not only shows these connections for many hotspots on the planet, but reveals that below about 1,000 kilometers the plumes are between 600 and 1,000 kilometers across, up to five times wider than geophysicists thought. The plumes are likely at least 400 degrees Celsius hotter than surrounding rock.

Each of these plumes are discrete entities:

“These columns are clearly separated in the lower mantle and they go all the way up to about 1,000 kilometers below the surface, but then they start to thin out in the upper part of the mantle, and they meander and deflect,” she said. “So while the tops of the plumes are associated with hotspot volcanoes, they are not always vertically under them.”

So, I don't think that the Hawaiian and Cascadian ranges have the sort of connection you're looking for.

CT Scan of Earth Links Mantle Plumes with Volcanic Hotspots

a reply to: toysforadults

so in layman's terms what do you guys think is happening any future explosive eruptions?

Hawaii's eruptions vary in intensity and duration. It all depends on the amount of gasses dissolved in the lava as it is being pushed up from below. The more gas in the molten rock, the more pressure it is under and thus, the more explosive the eruption will be. That's what's doing a lot of the moving of the molten rock is the dissolved gasses escaping their confinement in the semi-liquid rock.

TrueAmerican's live YouTube stream is up 24/7 and he is online quite often either in chat or giving voice commentary on whatever is currently going on in the world of earthquakes and volcanoes. He's a great resource as anyone who's been on ATS and following these topics for any length of time knows.

does the volcanic activity have anything to do with the sun?

That's an interesting question I haven't really looked at too much. There are some studies out there that show a correlation between solar activity and earthquake activity. For example:

We have shown that on both secular (Gleissberg) and decadal (11-year solar cycle) time-scales, there is a connection between solar activity and seismic activity. There are more earthquakes in the secular solar maxima than at lower solar activity. Two maxima in the number of earthquakes are observed in the 11-year solar cycle—a higher one in sunspot maximum, and a secondary one on the descending phase of the cycle. The variations in seismic activity relative to solar activity are the same as the variations in geomagnetic activity, so probably the factors influencing them are the same. We have identified two solar activity agents responsible for triggering earthquakes: coronal mass ejections which are the cause of the greatest geomagnetic disturbances around sunspot maximum, and high speed solar wind from solar coronal holes which lead to the second geomagnetic activity maximum in the sun-spot cycle. Coronal mass ejections lead to numerous weaker earthquakes at sunspot maximum, while high speed solar wind triggers the strongest earthquakes on the descending phase of the sunspot cycle.

Long-period trends in global seismic and geomagnetic activity and their relation to solar activity - (direct .pdf link)

And another:

(1) Most of great earthquakes tend to occur during descending and minimum phase of solar cycles.

(2) 70 % of the Great EQ events (M=6-9) observed during the period within 4 days (before and after) of the arrival of High Speed Solar Wind (HSSW).

(3) Number of EQs occurred at 0 to 40 km depth during the solar minimum phase, and a few events at deeper-depth from 40 to 100km.

(4) The shallow earthquakes from 0 to 40km show a higher correlation with HSSW on the day to 3 days after the HSSW arrived to the earth, compared to the deep EQs.

Possible Correlation between Solar Activity and Global Seismicity - (direct .pdf link)

Correlations between solar and volcanic activity is a bit harder to tease out of the cloud as most of those studies are in the climate areas of science, but I will look around a bit and see if I can find anything. If I come across something soon enough, I will edit this post, otherwise I will make a separate reply.

Hope this helps.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

on True American's livestream it looks like there is steam coming up all around the edges of the caldera

does that indicate anything?
edit on 10-6-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

That's the main vent inside the crater. The caldera is huge, the vent is a tiny opening in the crater comparatively. Most of the current lava flow is running out of fissure 8; the lower still image in the frame.

The vent has varying amounts of steam coming out of it based on a number of conditions including atmospheric humidity, ground water saturation, and of course the amount of dissolved gasses in the lava.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

got it thanks for the info

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

your theme is correct.... the localized mantle plume at Kilauea is not directly linked to the ring-of-fire on the west Hemisphere Pacific Coast/Cascadia region

but there will be a far greater number of volcano/EQ events there in Baja-to-Alaska-Pacific Coast when & if the Hawaiia mantle plume either weakens or shuts down...(imho)

in addition---- the west coast part of ring-of-fire should fire-up with more ionized energy streaming down the magnetic field lines of our magnetosphere as the CMEs or Sun Energy of the Solar Wind slams our poles' weakining field during the Solar Minimum Cycle...

ADD EDit: interesting the CERN collider with several trillion EV of energy created a magnetic field some 150,000 X stronger than the Earth weak magnetosphere... this was 'accidently done' last week as the solar wind storm slammed in planet Earth...I think it was a calculated boost to the magnetosphere intended to lessen risks of EQs & vulcanism...

that Solar energy streams to the Earth Core and aids in heating up the deep mantle which in turn churns around like a convection current of hot, viscious Mantle (liquid rock, minerals)

so the west coast should eventually catch-up with the rest of the ring-of-fire... but with the present convection flows of core deep and top layer Mantle directly touching the bottom of all the Pacific Plate, is just a example of a 1/4 of the Globe having a relatively cool zone of less-hot Mantle right now

the Siberian sink holes from several years back, then the 7 volcanos in the Kamchatka peninsula just a few years back are still hot areas of hyper magma which then presented itself in all the Eastern side of the ring-of-fire
(which still presists today)... then to the South Smerica section of the ring-of-fire that is pounding the world currently...even Hawaii...
ALL parts are in hyper active-&-super-hot mode except the Baja California-thru-Cascadia-thru-Alaska...

then will come activity in the Mid-Atlantic ridge, Canary Islands/ Greenland, et al....
only after the Mantle perculates from the deep core & moves aside all the cooler & plasticized former land that was subducted over time & is presently resulting in these cool areas of Mantle...

~~~or something to that effect~~~ty
... please overlook the dozen or so typos

edit on th30152867707810312018 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

Is this a repeat?

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   
do any of you remember the false missle alert in Hawaii a few weeks ago right before this whole volcano thing began??

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I love volcanos.
Is there still a live feed of it?

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The missile alert was back in January .. bit more than a few weeks before Hawaii and the volcano. As for the video .. secureteam10 ... That's all that's needs to be said about that

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
am I understanding this correctly, normally where the part of the crater that collapsed....

that entire crater is usually filled with lava or just the part where it collapsed?

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

I like his videos, he does a pretty good job weather he's right or wrong

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
The caldera of Kilauea is the large hole. It "collapsed" over a long period of time about 2,200 years ago. For a period of time, the entire caldera was filled with a lava lake and even overflowed it. That would have been an amazing sight. A lava lake more than two miles across! Probably no humans around to see it though.

Within the caldera there is a crater known as Halema'uma'u. This crater has been active off and on throughout historical times. Recently, in the past year or so, the lava lake within the crater rose (as it often does). It got to the point, a couple of months ago, where it overflowed onto the floor of Halema'uma'u itself.

Then everything changed. The magma which had been filling the lava lake got diverted to the east rift zone. It's not known exactly why but this very same scenario has occurred many times. Magma drains from the summit area and breaks out at lower elevations along the east rift.

I've explained several times what happens at the summit when this happens. Since the lava lake has drained there is nothing to support the wall of the vent (not Halema'uma'u, not the caldera itself). This causes rockfalls from the sides of the vent crater which causes the shaft of the vent to become plugged. The plug allows steam pressure to build until it is great enough to blow the debris out of the shaft. Repeat as necessary, which is what has been occurring on a fairly regular basis over the past few weeks.

This is not a collapse of the volcano. This is not a collapse of the caldera. This is not a collapse of Halema'uma'u. It is rocks falling off of the cliff faces surrounding the vent and plugging it.

edit on 6/12/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Thought i would post this.

As seen from space pics.

www.space.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join