It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masons in Missouri

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman

Originally posted by sebatwerk
But there's nothing wrong with sticking up a picture of a troll every once in a while!

We must:

I'm lovin' it!!!

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by df1

I could not agree more, however it takes just one post made in anger to tarnish the good will developed from all of the positive posts. And I think most of us have all to easily fallen victim to our emotions at one time or another.
While it is easier said than done, the greatest insult is to ignore.

We fall victim to our emotions because we are human. I make no apology for that.
The greatest insult may be to ignore someone but it is also the greatest risk - you only have to look at history to see that this is so. Time and time again, we have paid for our silence.
May I also remind you that I took an oath to defend the Craft from lies? Whether or not you agree that certain content is questionable, you cannot question the right of any Freemason to defend that which he holds dear.

There are also people on ATS who have a genuine wish to learn about Freemasonry. Would you deny them that right? It's OK saying we should put up more websites of our own, but if people don't visit those sites and only visit the anti-masonry sites (which if you Google anything regarding masonry looks to be the norm) all they will be fed is a diet of lies and slander.

Sure, sometimes a Freemason here may make a mistake and might go overboard in dealing with a troll. But then doesn't everyone make mistakes from time to time? But do credit the readers here on ATS. They have the intelligence to see what's what. I doubt if any Freemason is judged on just one or two rash statements. And which is worse? To make the odd mistake or to let the hate-mongers run unchallenged?
You should also be aware, that there is a new type of anti-mason. He is the one who pretends to be a Freemason and lies his way into making Freemasonry look bad. When I first came to ATS, there were a couple of guys working in this way - one is still here under a different name and we have forced him to change his name and his tactics. If these people are allowed to roam unchecked and the innocent believes them to be a Freemason, they can do far more damage with their lies than any genuine Freemason could do with an outburst of emotion. I'd far rather people saw a real Freemason make a mistake than believe an anti-mason to be the genuine article.

There must always be an answer to hatred. Let it become the norm and you'll only have to defend against it later and probably from a far weaker position.

[edit on 1-3-2005 by Leveller]

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Oh OK, there are people pretending to be Freemasons, and if they say something you disagree with then they are 'fake'.

And so we need to set up some way to keep people from claiming to be Freemasons, is that it?

Or should we just distrust ANYONE new who comes to the forum, and might happen to say they are a Freemason.

I mean, how would ANY legitimate criticism ever get posted if a Freemason did want to complain about something?

I could just as well say, we need to watch out for all those people who claim to NOT be Freemasons, they keep saying unverified good things about them, I wonder about their intentions.

I think silence is a telling choice.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by akilles
Oh OK, there are people pretending to be Freemasons, and if they say something you disagree with then they are 'fake'.

I guess you would prefer silence. Your lies could go unchallenged then couldn't they?
But it ain't gonna happen dude, so don't get your hopes up too high.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
What are my LIES exactly?

That everything is not always as it seems?

Oh yes, thats a dangerous one.

That people should think for themselves, even when an 'expert' tells them otherwise?

But society is built on that... Yeah, well, we are all going to have front row seats when it comes crumbling down.

"Latent form is the master of obvious form, the nature of things is in the habit of hiding itself" - speaker of truths

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   

And so we need to set up some way to keep people from claiming to be Freemasons, is that it?

Or should we just distrust ANYONE new who comes to the forum, and might happen to say they are a Freemason.

I mean, how would ANY legitimate criticism ever get posted if a Freemason did want to complain about something?

I could just as well say, we need to watch out for all those people who claim to NOT be Freemasons, they keep saying unverified good things about them, I wonder about their intentions.

If a Freemason wanted to complain about something, then that's fine it's his right to do so and we can do nothing about it. But it's fairly easy to tell who is REALLY a mason and who is faking it. This I guarantee you. It's easy to identify someone who is not a Freemason, ESPACIALLY when they are speaking negatively of the Craft. Not because they are saying bad things, but rather because of what they say and how they say it. Even knowledgeable non-masons can spot a spoof sometimes.

And by the way, there's PLENTY of masonic discussion boards where Freemasons constantly vent off about the Craft. I'm a regular poster in one of them, as are many other guys here on ATS. But, unlike on here, those are REAL masons getting stuff off their chest. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   

What are my LIES exactly?

That everything is not always as it seems?

Oh yes, thats a dangerous one.

That people should think for themselves, even when an 'expert' tells them otherwise?

What are your lies? Your constant lies about Freemasonry, that's what. Here's a recent one:

The twin towers, owned or built by a Freemason, symbolize the two pillars at Solmon's temple, and were made to "crumble" on purpose to symbolize the destruction of the pillars when Jerualem was invaded. THAT sir, is a lie. And that makes you a liar. And a foul one at that.

You are not challenging popular belief with your posts, you are making rude and extremely offensive accusations that nobody appreciates. YOU know them to be false, I have no doubt about that, but you still post it. Probably to condescend and ridicule, rather than to get "people to think for themselves".

[edit on 1-3-2005 by sebatwerk]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join