It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After New Yorker's racist rant goes viral, his law firm gets pummeled with 1-star Yelp reviews

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

Aaron Schlossberg, a New York-based lawyer, became internet famous on Wednesday for the worst of reasons: a racist rant that went viral. Schlossberg was captured on a smartphone video yelling at employees in the restaurant Fresh Kitchen in midtown Manhattan. His complaint was that the workers were speaking Spanish to customers. "And my guess is they're not documented," Schlossberg said to an employee, who appeared to be a manager. "So my next call is to ICE to have each one of them kicked out of my country."

CNBC

The internet has acted swiftly, his google and yelp reviews have plummeted from 5 stars down to 1 overnight, this man's career is likely finished, he will likely be disbarred.

But is it fair? Should his work life suffer because of his meltdown?

I personally think he deserves it.

Well I personally wouldn't hire him as a lawyer....doesn't seem like he'd be a very good one if he breaks down like that in a fast food restaurant.
You might if you were in dire straits and in need of an anglosaxon bro.
edit on 17-5-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Meh....Who cares really. Just some A-hole being an A-hole. It happens a million times a day. Probably more. Its just now we have people who use smart phone cameras as eyes, who are hunting for internet likes 24 hours a day. Sad creatures who only get the tingles in their jolly place, when they get that sweet sweet internet attention. The mating dance of the always connected.

While the guy is an A-hole and opened the door himself to being called an A-hole, with his actions in a public place. I can kind of understand his frustrations. Its one of my biggest pet peeves. I hate when I walk up to a counter and the person starts speaking Spanish to me. Its not because I have hate in my heart. I just don't speak Spanish and I want to be able to understand the person I am talking too.

Its not racist to want to be able to understand the people you are talking too. Heck, how can I be racist against myself. One of my parents is of Mexican descent. I like to say I am half Mexican but all American.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Blowback coming to a town near you soon

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Yeah, looks like won't be, at last for now:

“Mr. Schlossberg could be disciplined for this conduct but it will not lead to disbarment. A lawyer can be disciplined for conduct even if the conduct is unrelated to work for a client,” he said. “Factors a disciplinary committee will consider in deciding what if any discipline is warranted include extenuating circumstances and whether Mr. Schlossberg has prior discipline. If he does not, I think the most serious discipline he could face would be a private admonition if he has a clean record. That means the discipline will not become public,” he told the Forward. Read more: forward.com...

Random News

I do find it strange that after this has happened there are suddenly videos of this guy at Trump rallies, even attacking Jews.

What are the odds....

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

No, I think it’s you who doesn’t know much about anything but that’ll never stop you from giving everyone your opinion.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

Anyone giving him a review who was not a client should be sued for $5k (or whatever the NY state max is) for every review they write.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK
Absolutely nothing he said is racist.

I just logged onto Yelp and gave the restaurant a one star review.

What I find a bit ridiculous about this, is that let's say the turd owner has 20 employees, some citizens and some not citizens. Now by giving the restaurant low ratings, without even dining there, that's just malicious. The real problem is that if business drops, employees will be let go. So, you and anyone else would be hurting those 20 employees, collectively more than the idiot owner. In effect hurting especially the non-citizens so many people are trying to defend. How stupid is that? It's like saying one hates how the homeless are treated, so they forcibly remove all shelters to help them. Or they hate rapists, so they take away the therapy centres for the victims.

Liberal logic huh :-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
On topic:

Who actually pays attention to yelp? Who frickin' cares?!

I've paid attention to yelp reviews and regretted it every time.

But that's the punchline.

He's an attorney, yelp is typically used to review restaurants, not law offices.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

No it’s not. I’m not surprised a conservative assumes everyone’s a liberal and doesn’t know that English isn’t America’s official language.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
The average gas station attendant in the US today can understand 30 dollars regular but don’t ask for directions. They never give them any more. It’s not just Spanish either.

That's a blast from the past. Gas station attendants and asking for directions. I haven't seen an old fashioned full service station in at least 20 years. For directions, I can't remember the last time I had to ask. Unless it's Siri.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack
a reply to: dug88

I saw him standing up for his country I don't see the big deal?

It's more about the fact that he lost his # in a fastfood place in general...I don't really care what he was saying but I wouldn't hire a lawyer that can't even handle himself while doing something simple like ordering food let alone defending me to a judge.
edit on 17/5/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

A bigot verbally harassing a woman is your idea of standing up for your country?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I once recall watching proceedings on CSPAN. The topic was Puerto Rico becoming a "State". After much hubbub that week, it all came down to them being ineligible because English isnt their primary language.

In this thread I seen some postings about this matter and becoming a citizen. I didnt notice any materials to counter that. You got something or are you just going to push on like it never happened?

How divided a nation one that the people in it cant all understand each other. And this is your idea of "Progress"?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

yeah could you imagine what videos we would have if iphones were around in the 1960's, 1860's, etc etc etc etc but hey it happens right? things were 100's of times worse back in good old days, doesn't make it right or ok.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

There are exemptions to taking the citizenship test if you don’t speak English, being older than 50 and living in the US for 20 years or more as a green card holder. So you can live in this country for decades, never learn the language and take the test in your native language. You must also bring along a translator.

None of that changes from the fact the US doesn’t have an official language, just the most commonly spoken language which is English and the second most common is Spanish. Simple facts some people just can’t seem to grasp.

Only in America are people proud to only speak one language and some people demand everyone else speaks their language. While living overseas I learned first hand many people speak more than one language and didn’t demand I speak theirs, ever.
edit on 17-5-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

No it’s not. I’m not surprised a conservative assumes everyone’s a liberal and doesn’t know that English isn’t America’s official language.

No it is the official language. Go try and get ANY government job without being able to speak ENGLISH, you will not be hired.

That makes it official even if people claim it is not official.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 01:03 AM
link   

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

So he's verbal? Who # cares. The only reason people are getting their tights in a knot over this is because they've become trained seals that react to whatever the hell doesn't fit their pc agenda ideals. 20 years ago no one would give one # about this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join