It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After New Yorker's racist rant goes viral, his law firm gets pummeled with 1-star Yelp reviews

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

If i knew Russian I'd be in heaven!

But if i was in Russia and tried conveying in English .. It probably wouldn't go over too well.
edit on 17-5-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

Punishing people who say things is the new norm.

Like calling ICE because people were speaking Spanish?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Metallicus
We all know that speaking the truth in 2018 is an act of extreme bravery or extreme foolishness depending on your point of view. He wasn’t wrong, but that doesn’t make him right.

What happened to freedom of speech? We keep hearing from members here that in America you are free to say whatever you like without consequences....

Freedom of speech means the government can’t do anything to you for your words.

Not that you’re free from the consequences of your own opinions.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied
a reply to: trollz

A few years ago I started to visit a Jack in the Box that was near my place of work during lunch. I live in Texas - there a lot of people that speak spanish here.

So I would go pull up and clench my teeth and silently rage while trying to tell the lady, and it was always a lady, what I wanted. She could barely speak english - and yes, it was incredibly frustrating!

You know what I did? I just stopped going. Period. They didn't get anymore of my money.

I didn't make a scene, I didn't make any assumptions about their legal status, I just stopped giving them my money.

Other sources say the employees were speaking spanish among themselves and not even to the customers.

Yep, that is Texas... down by the border you be lucky to find a English speaking Jack in the Box. Are you from Texas? Lot of Texas cities have Spanish speaking communities, even half the TV channels are in Spanish.

This lawyer would have a field day in the south... especially on Cinco de Mayo day haha.

edit on 31053131am312018Thu, 17 May 2018 06:31:07 -0500 by imitator because: (no reason given)

edit on 32053231am312018Thu, 17 May 2018 06:32:11 -0500 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

Or in this case, say something people don't like, and suffer the consequences.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   

but, I didn't see any clue in the video on what language the customers were speaking. did I miss something here? if the customers' primary language was spanish and it was easier to communicate with them in spanish... then it's a perk for the business to have employees that are fluent in both spanish and english, isn't it??

and, probably a perk to the guy having the meltdown since it probably would help the line move a little faster!!!

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

You sure do come off as assuming English should be the only language spoken in the US.

Spanish is the second most common spoken language in the US, hardly a minority.

No, not at all. I could care less what languages people speak. It's perfectly reasonable, however, to expect that when someone gets a job in another country, they learn the major language and be able to communicate with it. Spanish is only spoken by like 12% of the population.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
People who complain about others not using english are simply displaying the frustration caused by their own ignorance.

Freedom of speech isnt only reserved for english.

Freedom of speech has nothing to do with what language you speak.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

C-c-c-c-c-coc aine.

It's a helluva drug.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

You should know English isn’t America’s official language. English is just our most common spoken language and Spanish is the second most common spoken language out of literal hundreds of languages spoken across this great nation.

That said, you don’t know if the employees don’t speak English. Chances they do and were just speaking Spanish because reasons.

Huh?
United States of America Official languages
English
American English

Yes English is the "official" language here in America.

I am amazed at the true power of liberal brainwashing can get people to learn an entirely different reality.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

People have the right to freely associate with whomever they wish, this lawyer will no doubt, lose some and gain other business based on the aspects of his personality shown here today.

Preventing the consequence of public opinion would require more state control than any of us would like.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
People who complain about others not using english are simply displaying the frustration caused by their own ignorance.

Freedom of speech isnt only reserved for english.

Freedom of speech has nothing to do with what language you speak.

Thanks for the agreement!

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I get where you are coming from....but how would you expect to keep people from forming opinions and then basing their actions on said opinions? It seems that people are free to speak...and others are free to act.

Im not sure i get how you are closing that loop? Is it that you don't like social media campaigns to deride private citizens (doxxing)?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

We're entering a perilous time where you can and often are, being punished for what you think, what you say, simply because it offends others.

Sure there is a causality to free expression, but I don't remember a time where ideology or even opinion has become so susceptible to punitive actions.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Humans are social creatures. What you describe is part and parcel to the nature of what makes us "us".

We are so social that people who don't prefer to socialized are considered deviant. Abnormal.

Now we have instant communication and personal broadcast platforms. So it happens more and more.

The pendulum will swing. At least i suspect it will. But in the end it won't matter, as I also suspect we will become linked via neural nets.

Nonetheless, i get what you are saying. Its unnerving. But its also everyone else freely forming an opinion....and I can't fault that either.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

Whatever..

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I get that.

I can call this guy an asshole.

That is my right. I can even refuse to do business with him. Also my right.

But to prohibit him from doing business?

I don't think I have a right to infringe on someone else's rights. Even if they are morons.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

yeah, anyone calling for legal ramifications doesn't understand how laws work.

The "disbarred" comment was ridiculous.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

Aaron Schlossberg, a New York-based lawyer, became internet famous on Wednesday for the worst of reasons: a racist rant that went viral. Schlossberg was captured on a smartphone video yelling at employees in the restaurant Fresh Kitchen in midtown Manhattan. His complaint was that the workers were speaking Spanish to customers. "And my guess is they're not documented," Schlossberg said to an employee, who appeared to be a manager. "So my next call is to ICE to have each one of them kicked out of my country."

CNBC

The internet has acted swiftly, his google and yelp reviews have plummeted from 5 stars down to 1 overnight, this man's career is likely finished, he will likely be disbarred.

But is it fair? Should his work life suffer because of his meltdown?

I personally think he deserves it.

Well I personally wouldn't hire him as a lawyer....doesn't seem like he'd be a very good one if he breaks down like that in a fast food restaurant.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

I saw him standing up for his country I don't see the big deal?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join