It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After New Yorker's racist rant goes viral, his law firm gets pummeled with 1-star Yelp reviews

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Willtell

Free GPS app via your phone, why bother asking for directions?

Agreed. No Ingles?--just move on as fast as you can.

edit on 16-5-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

Explain to me why exactly he should be disbarred??

Is he an idiot? Obviously. But, in my experience with lawyers, being an idiot, or racist, isn't grounds for being disbarred.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied
I personally think he deserves it.

Why?
I've personally been in situations where I tried to speak to employees to get assistance and they couldn't understand a word I said, much less help me with what I needed. I'm an American citizen and I have no obligation to learn Spanish just so I can communicate with employees. Would you say I deserve to have my life ruined for thinking that when people are employed by a business to interact with customers, they should be able to actually understand and communicate with those customers? You wouldn't move to China and then expect to get hired in a business in China without knowing a single word of Chinese, and yet any time an American says non-English speaking migrants working in the US should be able to speak English, they're treated like they're some kind of monster. It's fine if someone doesn't speak English, but it's not fine if they don't speak English when their job requires that they be able to communicate in English.

Yes, I live in China.

Had 2 resto's but always had people that spoke english and chinese handy.

I think these workers were playing dumb on this guy to piss him off.

I don't see a crime here unless it's the owner hiring illegals.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   
On topic:

Who actually pays attention to yelp? Who frickin' cares?!

I've paid attention to yelp reviews and regretted it every time.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: trollz

You should know English isn’t America’s official language. English is just our most common spoken language and Spanish is the second most common spoken language out of literal hundreds of languages spoken across this great nation.

That said, you don’t know if the employees don’t speak English. Chances they do and were just speaking Spanish because reasons.

What ?
Dont know much about the US or the Immigration Services , do you ?
I did not think so.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
On topic:

Who actually pays attention to yelp? Who frickin' cares?!

I've paid attention to yelp reviews and regretted it every time.

Thank you!!

The man's racist rant notwithstanding, if you pick your lawyer from Yelp reviews, you should also check out reviews for exercise devices to help you improve your grip.

You don't want to drop soap where you are going.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

Not a real clever guy, but on the op, are Mexicans a race? I don't think so, there just other people that come from a country called Mexico. But if they are a race, I guess the British, French, Americans, Canadians, Italians, Spanish, Portuguese, Swedish, Germans, etc., are all races as well. Hell, I wonder if there are as many made up races as there are made up sexes lol.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

I tried shopping Chinese take-out with Yelp once. Once, yes. Many trips to the toilet though, for sure.

I never look at yelp anymore, lest I chance more distress of the sphincter.

edit on 17-5-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I am so glad Progressive Liberals do not have to take the same test that official , legal immigrants do . There would be a lot less folks in the US .

1) Requirement for citizenship - to speak English if not over 50
2) Question on Immigration test - What is the official language of the US

Done
Next

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

If you don't want to speak English, fine. Force your kids to interpret everything for you, real cool--but that's none of my business.

But when you don't speak English and expect everyone else to adapt to your needs, yeah, you can just get stuffed.

edit on 17-5-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   
We all know that speaking the truth in 2018 is an act of extreme bravery or extreme foolishness depending on your point of view. He wasn’t wrong, but that doesn’t make him right.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   

“In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act”.

George Orwell 1984

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 03:33 AM
link   
People have tossed out the rules in this #'d up Generation, Whatever you want 'goes'. No rules save those for the moraless insane.

We're 'this close' to 1984 i'd even say, we're on the eve of it.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Absolutely nothing he said is racist.

I just logged onto Yelp and gave the restaurant a one star review.

edit on 17-5-2018 by SKEPTEK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

You seem to be assuming the employees are not able to speak english, saw an interview with one of the workers he was berating..she was born and raised in the Bronx and speaks english just fine.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I wonder what caused the rant, was there something else that caused it or just the fact they didn't speak English
I would imagine more to this story

Speak whatever language you like as far as I am concerned

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Would love to know the reason behind his rant.

Part of me wishes he followed up with one of two outcomes:

1. No illegal workers: Guy looks like a bigger jackass
2. Many illegal workers: Its ok, he would still be a jackass, but he could sleep better I guess.

Shame there is no such thing as a two way argument now, always have some bystander shouting the slogan of the day (be it deserved or not)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
We all know that speaking the truth in 2018 is an act of extreme bravery or extreme foolishness depending on your point of view. He wasn’t wrong, but that doesn’t make him right.

What happened to freedom of speech? We keep hearing from members here that in America you are free to say whatever you like without consequences....

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   
People who complain about others not using english are simply displaying the frustration caused by their own ignorance.

Freedom of speech isnt only reserved for english.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join