It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breathalyzers are BS

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I know all of you are holier than though.... never done a thing wrong.

I have had a breathalyzer in my truck for several years... yes years. I'll tell you why....

I am an alcoholic. its a fact.
I love not drinking, but when I did, hard to stop. I got some dui's. never crashed, never hurt nobody but still.

My job can be very loud, messy , chaotic.... life at home could be the same. That hour drive from work to home was my time. I loved to drink a beer on my way home from work.

The breathalyzer in my truck spouts off stupid numbers now and then.... (not from drinking)but I am ready to get rid of it.... I could have petitioned to get rid of it like 2 years ago....

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   
But they can read BS. I have started my truck with all 0's... drove 1/2 hour, rolling retest all 0's... parked my truck and tried to start it with a bac showing enough to say start up failed..

Actually kind of the other reason I have had it for so long. I wanted a whole year of nothing but .000's and it is not possible

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07

I have had a breathalyzer in my truck for several years... yes years. I'll tell you why....I am an alcoholic. its a fact. I love not drinking, but when I did, hard to stop. I got some dui's. never crashed, never hurt nobody but still.

But still what? You got lucky. Thank goodness for that. You beat the odds. Nobody here is saying they never did anything wrong. That's not the issue. The issue is ranting about getting caught, ranting that they ought to be able to blow .02 over the legal limit and have no sanctions against them, or basically telling us they have a right to drink and drive. Society has said that is unacceptable behavior. Period.
edit on 5/16/2018 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: tinner07

I've done plenty wrong. Including a couple DUIs years ago.

I also have had an interlock device because of that, so I know how they work.

My job can be very loud, messy , chaotic.... life at home could be the same. I loved to drink a beer on my way home from work.

I used work construction, so I know how you feel.

The breathalyzer in my truck spouts off stupid numbers now and then.... (not from drinking)but I am ready to get rid of it.... I could have petitioned to get rid of it like 2 years ago....

Even cigarettes or fumes from lacquer/polyurethane/etc can trigger it.

So why don't you petition to get rid of it?

link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Right... because they just dole out interlock systems for first time offenders right? No, not right.

Yeah well, actually they do where I live... Some of the harshest penalties in the world from my understanding

If your caught at over .10, but under .15, then the police confiscate your license on the spot for 13 months... then you have to apply to the magistrate to get your license back @$110.

Before the magistrate will agree to reinstate your license you have to do a drink driving course, which costs $550, you also have to go to the police station for an interview beforehand... Once you have your license back, its still illegal to operate a vehicle unless it has an interlock fitted... cost of installation is $490 and $209 every month after... then you have to go back to the magistrate and satisfy them that you have learned your lesson, then they will allow have the interlock removed...

That's just for your first drink driving offence in Victoria Australia... If you get caught drink driving more than 3 times in a row here, loss of license and the interlock is the least of your concerns... Prison time becomes a serious possibility.

I'm not whining about it or looking for sympathy either... If you do the wrong thing then you just got to accept the repercussions.

I just think breathalyzers are extremely unreliable in measuring actual blood alcohol content... which was my original point.

link   

Nope..far from holier than though but what i know is I haven't made the careless , selfish choice to drive drunk.
Sorry to hear you made the choice to be an alcoholic..Sorry to hear you dont see anything wrong in saying "I loved to drink a beer on my way home from work"

Lost 2 friends to cowardly drunk driver then 4 months later I was hit by yet another cowardly drunk driver.

If you make the choice to drive drunk once and get caught then you should never legally be allowed to drive again.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

If your caught at over .10, but under .15

You know the easiest solution to not get caught over the limit?

DONT DRINK AND DRIVE, YOU MORON.

This message has been brought to you by all the thankful people who were nowhere near you when you were driving while impaired and the ones who got lucky you didn’t kill them.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: peter vlar

Right... because they just dole out interlock systems for first time offenders right? No, not right.

I'm not whining about it or looking for sympathy either... If you do the wrong thing then you just got to accept the repercussions.

Thanks for the detailed information.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Sorry to hear you made the choice to be an alcoholic.

Pretty sure I did not make that choice....the choice to drink a beer on the way home from work was mine yes.

If you make the choice to drive drunk once and get caught then you should never legally be allowed to drive again.

should that go for every crime?

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Sorry to hear you made the choice to be an alcoholic.

Pretty sure I did not make that choice....the choice to drink a beer on the way home from work was mine yes.

So you didnt choose to have that first drink or the next one or the next one?

This isnt about every crime..

This is about cowardly , selfish people that choose to drive drunk.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I can get up in the morning after downing a few shots of wild turkey, feeling as clear as day and at the top of my game and I'll blow .033...

You're drinking shots of whiskey in the morning and moaning about having a breathalyzer hardwired into your vehicle? Please tell me this is satire.

Ya I was kind of expecting some kind of punchline after that....it never came....

Also to the OP just don't you're gonna kill yourself or somebody else.
edit on 16/5/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I will tell you all one thing... there is no rehab for alcoholism.... all the counseling in the world will do nothing. Psychiatrist,physiologists, medical doctors... nothing works....maybe the same for drug addiction but idk, not a drug addict....

The only way to stop drinking is to just stop drinking.... sounds simple because it is... It aint easy but if you are an alcoholic and need to stop drinking, nothing or nobody on this earth earth can tell you anything to make you stop.

AA is BS...although a one step can help... court ordered counselling is BS because the counselor will tell the court everything you say. Inpatient therapy... BS....They are scamming the system of the courts.....Only one way to quit drinking and that is to just not drink.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Pretty sure I did not make that choice....the choice to drink a beer on the way home from work was mine yes. not

Pretty sure you did. The issue here is the idea that an alcoholic "is not responsible" for being one because alcoholism is a "disease." That's been encoded in the legal system and the basic reason society has been lenient on alcoholics, but the question is, is it a disease, or might it be a character flaw? Right now you can get away with a whole lot by proclaiming "Sorry, I was sick." To me the "insanity defense" is a complete cop out and really should be disallowed.

That's just silly. The punishment should fit the crime. If you endanger the populace by driving drunk, you should not have a license because you have proven to be irresponsible performing that activity. That fits.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

So you didnt choose to have that first drink or the next one or the next one? This isnt about every crime.. This is about cowardly , selfish people that choose to drive drunk.

You are right. Kind of hard to defend myself isnt it...

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Pretty sure you did. The issue here is the idea that an alcoholic "is not responsible" for being one because alcoholism is a "disease.

Ok you got your medical degree where? I never said I wasnt responsible for anything I did ...If I did, please point it out to all of us.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

I can get up in the morning after downing a few shots of wild turkey, feeling as clear as day and at the top of my game and I'll blow .033...

You're drinking shots of whiskey in the morning and moaning about having a breathalyzer hardwired into your vehicle? Please tell me this is satire.

Ya I was kind of expecting some kind of punchline after that....it never came....

Where did the OP say that they drank anything in the morning?

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: SummerRain

He didn't, here at Ats we like to jump to conclusions and like to put words in other people's mouths.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: SummerRain

3rd paragraph on the original post , "I can get up in the morning after downing a few shots of wild turkey, feeling as clear as day and at the top of my game and I'll blow .033"

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

not here to judge, but the practical observations are extreme useful at avoiding the consequences of what is obviously flawed firmware

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   

See how I said "get up in the morning after"?

Notice how I used the word 'after' and not 'then'?

I know, the english language can be hard to comprehend sometimes.

edit on 16-5-2018 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join