It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mueller's team told President's legal team they cannot indict a sitting President

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: darkbake
a reply to: face23785

That makes sense, but as you say, Trump can still be impeached. Still, good to know he can't be indicted for sure. Although I suspected as much, it is good to know for certain.

If he has committed crimes, you don't think he should be held accountable for them?

I think the idea would be to impeach him and then indict him. I was just pointing out that legally, he can't be indicted while President. I am for holding Trump accountable for his crimes.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Lumenari

That is not different from anything I said. The indictment isn’t going to come from Mueller. Just like I said. There’s no shocking news here.

Mueller has made too many major mistakes and violating the laws
There will be no indictment
This is only a circus show to appease the Prog Libs
Give em SOME hope. Even if it is futile
Why do you think this has been dragged out for do long ?
The good folks are waiting for Mueller's final word to where they can collapse the entire Democratic Party as a house of cards.

edit on 5/17/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Xcathdra

The office of the President of the United States is in fact an entity.

So the office itself, or the entity, is protected, but not the individual.

That was my point.

The office and the person lawfully elected to occupy that office. In this regard Trump is the entity as well. He was elected to occupy that office so by extension it applies to him.

The office is the President.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Well that just shows how little you know.
Maybe take some time to get to know what my viewpoint is before commenting on it.
Or jump the gun because...

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Which crimes would they be?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Nixon quit before they could.
There was never a question of indictment for Clinton.
There was never any evidence of a crime.
Lying about a blowjob just wasn't the bombshell Star wanted and Whitewater was a bust.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Wait till the scope of the investigation is unveiled ..... I believe those who swallowed the media narrative will be shocked .... and need a lot of therapy

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

a reply to: angeldoll

True, they can't. It's law.

Which law is that? The OP's source states it's a matter of department guidelines, not any law that I have seen. Not to mention there is no precedence to look at.

If what you say was true, this should be quite concerning, especially for people on a conspiracy site. What this means is that the president is above the law( which poses consituational issues with the 14th amendment), cannot be held accountable in the courts for his actions, if he does break the law, and he may not even be removable from office if his friends are in the majority of congress.

It appears people are supporting the idea of having a corrupt head of government with no means to remove him or hold him accountable.

Oh my God what a drama queen you are. It's designed so that trumped up charges don't keep the president in court his whole term and prevent him from doing important work like making America great again. If we didn't have this rule, people like you would be halting the government even more than your ilk already are!

"If I can't obstruct someone I don't like then, that means the Constitution is in danger!"

That's you. That's what you sound like.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

The office of the President of the United States is in fact an entity.

So the office itself, or the entity, is protected, but not the individual.

That was my point.

The office and the person lawfully elected to occupy that office. In this regard Trump is the entity as well. He was elected to occupy that office so by extension it applies to him.

The office is the President.

Do you have some sort of precedence to show that it makes him immune from any charges whatsoever as an individual?
edit on 17-5-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

a reply to: angeldoll

True, they can't. It's law.

Which law is that? The OP's source states it's a matter of department guidelines, not any law that I have seen. Not to mention there is no precedence to look at.

If what you say was true, this should be quite concerning, especially for people on a conspiracy site. What this means is that the president is above the law( which poses consituational issues with the 14th amendment), cannot be held accountable in the courts for his actions, if he does break the law, and he may not even be removable from office if his friends are in the majority of congress.

It appears people are supporting the idea of having a corrupt head of government with no means to remove him or hold him accountable.

Oh my God what a drama queen you are. It's designed so that trumped up charges don't keep the president in court his whole term and prevent him from doing important work like making America great again. If we didn't have this rule, people like you would be halting the government even more than your ilk already are!

"If I can't obstruct someone I don't like then, that means the Constitution is in danger!"

That's you. That's what you sound like.

Well, I said no such thing.

Either you can't read or you are dishonest.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

No he won't. You're living in some fantasy world.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

🎶🎶 in the mean time
In between time
Ain't we got fun...

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

No it has not been tested.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

That's what Rudy Giuliani said but we don't know that Mueller said that to him. He also said he'd have this thing shut down in a week lol.
edit on 5172018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Why would they care what your opinion on what they discussed is?

You only imagine the conversation. You do know that right?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
The truth is the president is not above the law and opinions vary on the ability of the DOJ to indict. There is no clear cut law or everyone would be in agreement.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Come again?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Dbl
edit on 5172018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: face23785

Do you honestly think that rules, laws, guidelines, morals, values, ethics, rights, are going to stop leftists from ousting the president?

No, but the fact that they don't have enough representatives in Congress will.

Trump isn't going anywhere unless they find something major. Right now it looks like all they might get him on is some uncrossed Ts on some financial forms, the business equivalent of a parking ticket.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Well, of course they can't. It would interfere in his Constitutional duties - which are far more important than 'enforcing' any law.

That said, I bet the folks hanging their hats on Bob Mueller feel pretty stupid right now. Maybe it will finally be clear to them that Trump isn't going anywhere.

Will he be reelected? I hope so. But if not, at least we have him until 2020.
edit on 5/17/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join