It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Idea What This Could Have Been ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Has anyone ever witnessed this?

Just been outside. The sky is perfectly clear of cloud. I happened to glance up to the sky and noticed a very very bright white flash. It was like someone had suddenly switched on a torch light and then off again. This was very high up in the atmosphere.

About twenty seconds or so later, it flashed on and off again in exactly the same position. Then it repeated again about twenty seconds later, again in the same position. I waited a few minutes but it didn't appear again.

Any ideas ?

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Iridium flare.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Maybe heat lightning if this was at night.
I've seen that on a perfectly clear night and it was creepy since I didn't know what was going on.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: recrisp

It's been dark here for around 2 hours.

As i stated, it was just like a single pinpoint of very bright light, which flashed for only 3 times at a more or less regular interval, but only thrice.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

See a Big Black Triangle (BBT) lately??

To jump completely off into the deep end... Astr0 called it "sparkle" and they use it to bounce off the back of your retinas to see who can see a BBT.

Another thing to consider: Ocular melanoma. With the outbreak that happened over two states here in the USofA, one of the signs is dark spots or white flashes.

I have seen "sparkle" and it is like a camera flash bulb. I've also caught it zipping behind me, nearly 180 degrees, and flashing again. So always check you six!

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Ohhh, a "pinpoint", I didn't realize that.

Never mind on the heat lightning anyway, I just looked it up and there's no such thing apparently. Supposedly what I am calling "heat lightning" is only a storm way off in the distance.
What I have seen is a sheet of lightning that flashes like normal lightning on an absolutely clear night in warmer months, whatever that phenomenon is.

I don't know what you saw though.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Was it like someone taking a picture up in the sky?

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

How would that work though?

I've seen flashes a few times but only 1 or 2 have ever been in my direct line of vision. I like taking people stargazing with me lol. Helps with that dodgy eyes or visual hallucinations malarkey.

Some of my best and scary sightings have been of things moving that fast you can't make any details, it's literally just a blur of light... Not sure if they're related or if I even believe Astro's comments and famous thread.

I've seen them with company too.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Ay up, it likely to be a mothership entering our dimension. The flash occurs Ty hen followed by some orbs usually. The mothership etc will be there it is cloaked until
Mi

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Iridium flare/satellite glint +1

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

I do not know how "sparkle" works just what was said about it by the thread's author. I would think of it like a retinal scan which is rather a wonder to understand because those work with you eye just inches away. So something at 15,000 feet (a random number, any significant height works) would mean some really good imaging equipment!

BBTs can go "invisible" using some kind of technology that keeps light from directly bouncing off it like a normal object. The one I saw went "shimmery" like heat waves off of the road ahead of you, then, just like that, I had a basic unobstructed view behind it! I only knew it was there because they left the "lights on" at the triangle's apexes. A blur of light sounds about right.

Fast is an understatement! This was slowed down just so I could view it (I assume that because it kept circling over my head). It was doing some 80 - 100 miles in 6 seconds, fly north (or south, depending on where it was on the lap) for a couple, then move from the mountain range to the east of town, over my head, to out over the inlet all in 6 or 7 seconds, then do another lap. If it wanted to move out who knows how fast it could go. To me, it looked like it had its emergency brake on!

I tried to take a photo but all I got was a point of light. Same with my buddy on the other side of town!

After that, I've been "sparkled" several times. I've only seen a triangle once after that. It was really way up there. It looked like it chased off another light (craft?) at that height. I am assuming that we have a patrol of our airspace and do not like unwelcomed visitors. And a secret space fleet of BBTs.

How one works is pure speculation until the day one floats out of a hangar and the internet melts down, this site twice!

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Ummm...probably a tumor dude...haven't you seen the movie..."Phenomenon"...better go see a doc...

Let us know if you suddenly acquire mutant abilities...

Tumor or stroke...

YouSir

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I see those pin pricks too and was recently diagnosed with Glaucoma...sooo, good news bad news I guess
a reply to: YouSir

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   
aircraft at a distance at altitude does that but looks isolated.....and i see em 8 to 14 seconds apart as the beacons have effects lettin em strobe out further....ebery five or ten flashes

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

If I glance at the sun I will then see round ball like UFOs floating around afterwards.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I have seen something similar, although the flashes where not at the same position.

I guess what i saw might be a satellite that is turning on its own axis while orbiting earth and at some point the sun gets reflected.

Maybe what you saw was a stationary satellite rotating on its own axis? Im just guessing here.

Anybody knows if that's even a possibility?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Yeah it's some fascinating stuff!

I made a thread on here about seeing a triangle of lights, I didn't actually see a craft but it was obstructing stars as it passed under them. At the time I wasn't sure about what I saw but over time and learning it seems it must have been on of these BBT's. Notna clue as to what it was doing but I watched it make maneuvers for at least an hour and a half. Just before it left their was orbs flying around extremely low.

The thing I'll always remember about that was my dog went a bit mental at one point, since.my neck was aching I decided to lay down to watch it, my dog lay down next to me... All of a sudden he jumped up and started chasing his tail haha, good times!

I've got a good eye for spotting things moving, I always pick up satellites etc... I too have seen lights chasing other lights, "satellites" rendezvousing and as they pass each other lights blinking on and off.

But the fast moving stuff... Man the first time I saw that I thought an asteroid or a ICBM was coming down, damn thing cleared the full sky in a fraction of a second, it was huge. Optically it seemed like a boomerang or something. Lightning blue.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: NoClue

A tumbling satellite is a defunct satellite. Every time I've seen a satellite it brightens or dims as it moves in relation to whatever light source illuminates it. Usually the sun but the moon can affect visibility too.

Not saying satellites don't turn/spin just that they shouldn't really be spinning that much... We've got a lot of "dead" satellites though.

Might be worth downloading an app that tracks them, there's a few available.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Check your location for when you saw that light here: www.heavens-above.com...

new topics

top topics

join