It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden in plain sight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Came across this little beauty.

challenge coin

I see the usual area 51 stars, the 72th squadron flashes, nothing that is out of the ordinary. Even the eyes of the owl are known symbols on these patches and coins.

But the mandala Bay hotel with the b2 bomber over it, was weird, and is this a little alien in a underground facility?

Hidden in plain sight comes to mind.

the coin explained

NC

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: NoClue

Challenge coins and morale patches are always fun, but largely meaningless when it comes to finding secret things out.
edit on 5/16/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
That is pretty cool. It could just be whoever made the coin having fun with the popular stereotypes of an underground alien base and Area 51, Las Vegas, etc.

Then again...

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Is there any tread you don't manage to debunk?

Where then would be a good place for finding secret things

edit on 17/5/2018 by NoClue because: typo

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

There are some secret ones that make it out and have interesting things on them, but they're so exceedingly rare it isn't funny. These guys have a really weird sense of humor about these things and like to poke fun at people with their coins and patches. I've spent years watching people twist themselves into knots trying to figure out what something meant, only to have someone come along and tell them what it really meant.

Here are a couple of the better ones out there.

You may get lucky and find something cool, but 99% of the time it's someone having fun. Finding the secret stuff is just a matter of being in the right place at the right time.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

yes thank you

tastes like chicken

are the greys helping us eating the reptiles?

left and right symbols? fork and knife? emitter reciever? the lines in the background might be some signal wave?

what about the upside down Q?

the numbers 509 could mean S.O.g. a quick search gave me many interpretations. Shades of green mil. resort was one might mean that they operate from Disney world or thats where they eat them
would be a good place for the greys to hide as well, under some mikey or goofy costume
while still getting some fresh air.

what is your interpretation of the first one?

have you ever seen any of them in r. L.?

will take a closer look at the other one later.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

The top one is the 509th Bomb Wing, who operate the B-2. It's a nod to all the claims of alien technology used in the B-2. They decided to have fun with people claiming it has off world tech, so designed that patch and then "leaked" it.

TENCAP is an exploitation unit. They figure out capabilities based on intelligence and develop counters and tactics. The alien is a nod to them using space based assets for their exploitation work.

Neither one has anything

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

From the Article itself

The alien is a common tongue and cheek reference to secretive programs at Area 51 where the Dynamic Coherent Measurement System (DYCOMS) and its managery of antenna arrays are located. This system is similar to a static radar-cross section test range but it can collect data on real aircraft as they whiz by above at different angles. The B-2 is known to use this installation relatively regularly.

Of course... if it was real, that's exactly what they would say... "we're just having fun"

ETA: As the OP said 'Hidden in Plain Sight"

edit on 5/17/2018 by PsychoEmperor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

And yet, even discussing program names can get someone's career hammered flat. They're not going to hide secrets on patches.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

i see

not playing your cards open are you

but then again if something is secret its not openly shown. wouldn't be secret anymore.

To keep a secret you would compartalize the project. Only a handful of people know the real deal.

Are they the ones designing the batches i doubt it.

Two reason i could think of why they would show secrets openly is to get the public used to it before it becomes a truth. Or tell some one other in the know something.

im still on the fence about the whole hidden in plain sight thing...

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Giorgio Tsoukalos image macro incoming in five, four, three...

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Most of these patches are designed at the unit level. The unit pays to have them printed and distributes them to people for various reasons. The guys in the unit have as much fun as anyone else watching people tie themselves in knots trying to find the secret stuff on them.

You sometimes see a patch get loose, but they're always authorized for distribution. The B-21 combined test force patch a month or two ago is an example. They've been seen on uniforms at Edwards AFB since last year, but the aircraft won't fly until late this year at the earliest, more likely next year.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

yeah that was a thought as well that its designed by the unit sitting together and having fun. trying to be somehow cryptic. would explain some of the very poorly designed ones

i highly appreciate your input and know very well that you kown more about all this stuff than i do and probably more than you dare telling.

if looking for some really fringe but yet close to what's going on threat which one would you recommend?

i find it hard to find the good threads there are so many.

i don't mind skimming trough many post's as long as there are some gems buried.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

And yet, even discussing program names can get someone's career hammered flat. They're not going to hide secrets on patches.

Let us have our fun!

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

The threads by Intelgurl are always worth reading. There's all kinds of good stuff buried there.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Now this is what I call fringe!

A...0' threads....

Guess who gets mentioned

please PM me i would really love to hear your side of the story.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Majic

i don't really get that comment.

please elaborate?

new topics

top topics

join