It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Laurel and Yanny internet audio a giant Mandela effect experiment ? Yes or no ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: freedom7

Is the Mandela you speak of the Mandela with a rabbit in his ear?

Are you saying that the Mandela Effect is an audible weapon technology? That is scary. Who is studying this science of words sounding similar? And why are they? And are they using it against the rest of us? What the?!

What the heck is this all about?

Is there an attempt to change the giant cultural story by psycho-audio-morphing it into some other diminished story? Is there any written proof? No. That would be too easy to catch. Damn! Do these people have thousand of these words ~they~ can string together and half the group hears one thing while the other half hears something else? Or thirds? Or fifths? Sounds like an audio science of hellishness.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Generation9

I want to see somebody speak a sentence that means one thing to one group and another thing to another group and neither group can agree on all of the words in the sentence. That would be awesome.

Does anybody clearly hear what is said in such a situation or is everybody just trying to go along to get along with some averaged approximation of understanding?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Generation9

This reminds me of bar talk. You know that psycho babble that you hear when people have been drinking and smoking all night? I think it is your mind trying to make sense of sounds it hears. And sometimes it just drunkenly slurs along. Or that game in elementary school about whispering something to the person next to you and then they whisper to the next person and on and on until at the end of the line it sounds like something totally different. And somebody somewhere is studying how to use that to control you and get the cell phones made.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I heard Laurel at first in a low voice but then also heard Yanny as well in a quieter higher pitch, so - both.

I think I just wasted 5 mins of my life.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: freedom7

Just no interest here. These people don't want to discuss Mandela with a rabbit in his ear.

One audio heard different ways is powerful and yet nobody.

Zero interest.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: freedom7
So I just had somebody direct my attention towards this new audio clip circulating across the internet that is generating a lot of debate .
For those of you not familiar -It’s an audio clip where the speak pronounces a certain sound and 2 camps of people are divided on what they are in fact hearing her say .
Some swear by hearing her say “ Yanny”
And others “ Laurel “

Maybe this thread ends up in Skunk works because I’m posting about Mandela effect.

My first thought upon hearing that people are being told to vote on what they are hearing , is that the elites are running an experiment to see who is Mandela effected and who is not .

If Mandela effect is in fact legit it would only stand to reason that one group really is hearing “ Laurel” while the other is hearing “ “Yanny “ And I suppose it would be in TPTB’s best interest to know more..

Of course I’m sure things can be voted upon all the time and people see things differently .. it could be nothing .

But the timing of all of this has got me curious .

Thoughts ATS?

Sorry but it is a very tenuous link between this and the mandela effect. Would you mind explaining in more detail your proposed link between the two because your OP doesnt make any sense how this audio has any relevance to mandela.

Being completely honest, I think you have tried to shoehorn the latest internet hype into something that is getting more and more ridiculous with threads like this.

You are making the mandela effect a joke of the highest order.

Pathetic.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Helps to have good speakers/headphones, otherwise top and bottom end frequencies get compressed and the effect is distorted/harder to hear.

I still have full hearing range and trained my ears over the years through music and music production. On the first listen I could hear a deep American 'Laurel and a roboticised higher pitched voice saying 'something' when it repeated it I could hear both then after that flip between the two with a tiny bit of concentration, though hear more 'hardy' (with a dropped d) when filetering out the Laurel but probably autosuggestion.

Both sounds also seem to be comprised of seperate phonemes rather than words helping the brain filtering out the info when switching between the two but need my other computer to do wave analysis and cancel the two out for clear audio.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: freedom7
If Mandela effect is in fact legit it would only stand to reason that one group really is hearing “ Laurel” while the other is hearing “ “Yanny “ And I suppose it would be in TPTB’s best interest to know more..

The Mandella Effect has never been about this.
It would be an ME if a year from now people are swearing they remember two entirely different words involved and not Laurel and Yanni.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join