It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trans woman wants 50K because Muslim woman refuses to wax xir's testicles.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: kaylaluv

Kind of implies trans people are normal, huh?

I implore you to read that article thoroughly.

It states nothing of the sort. Only that there may be preliminary indicators.

It isn't normal. It is counter our species biological constructs. If anything it could identify a genetic abnormality.

I did read it thoroughly. I posted a quote. Did you read that? He clearly states that we all have variations, which makes having variations normal.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

which makes having variations normal.

That's a leap in logic.

Some variations don't affect anything at all.

Others create abnormal conditions.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthernLites

This is the whole problem with the, "if you believe it, it's true" mentality we have today. I don't mind a person being transgender, if that's what they want or feel then go for it. But you also have to understand that no matter how much your soul may be a woman trapped in a mans body, YOU.ARE.A.WOMAN.IN.A.MANS.BODY. You can't expect CIS women to deal with a trans body.

If this person wasn't a complete jackass and had an inch of understanding (which they would like given to them), they'd realize why this is a problem.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Hey, I’m just quoting what the guy said. If you dont like what your links say, quit posting them.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yeah, they're criticized because they're effing imbeciles who are simply contributing another wilting wallflower waste of a walking emotional entitlement to a society already overpopulated with them.

And that may be the most effing imbecilic thing said in this whole thread.

So parents who treat their kids as individuals with their own strengths and weaknesses to nurture and develop without regard to their genitalia are effing imbeciles? Oh dear lord.

One's personal values are not determined by one's genitalia. Both men and women can be functional, responsible, productive and contributing members of society.

Never said they couldn't and never said males were better than females or vice-versa. By the same token, there is a scientific rationale for male and female called the XY chromosome pairing. To say women and men are identical is an absolutely ridiculous sentiment generated purely from the irrational modern need for equality in areas where such equality can only exist via external and artificial manipulation, mandates, and forced blind eyes where reality is concerned.

I'll coddle my daughter when needed just the same as I'll tell my boy "act like you've got a pair" when needed. That's parenting... not lying to your kids and raising them to believe that they're entering a world that will or should kiss their ass regarding every special quirk and want of life that pops into their head.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Hey, I’m just quoting what the guy said. If you dont like what your links say, quit posting them.

No, you're making leaps in logic based on what was in the article.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Why am I not surprised by your answer...
This is my daily dose of the 3 idiots!

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I was quoting exact statements. Here, I’ll quote it again:

The conclusion is clear: “We identified genetic variants in 20 genes that may play a role in transgender identity.” But it is still a powerful statement, for it lends justification to the idea that identifying as transgender is neither a mental illness nor a lifestyle choice – it is a variation on the theme of being human, as we all are in one way or another.

Did you read that? Neither a mental illness nor a lifestyle choice. A variation on the theme of being human, as we all are.

What kinds of leaps of logic am I’m making based on that quote?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

which makes having variations normal.

It is a leap in logic to say that all variations are normal.

Just because there is a genetic variation does not mean that said variation creates normal conditions or express themselves in a functional fashion.

it is a variation on the theme of being human, as we all are in one way or another.

This is opinion, not data.

Down syndrome is a genetic variation. Doesn't mean it is normal.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Yep. There are opinions in your link that you don’t agree with. Opinions by a scientist. Oh well...

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Am I required to agree with every point made in an article?

I often read sources who have opinions I don't necessarily agree with.

Is this a problem? Would you prefer I participate in echo chamber discussions instead?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I'll coddle my daughter when needed just the same as I'll tell my boy "act like you've got a pair" when needed.

Well, I sure hope you coddle your son when he needs it, and that you'll tell your daughter "act like you've got a pair" when she needs it... and yes, she has a couple "pairs." Doing any less is a disservice to them and society... it creates emotionally immature and deficient individuals. There's a time for wallowing and a time for strength and a time for every purpose under the sun.

That's parenting... not lying to your kids and raising them to believe that they're entering a world that will or should kiss their ass regarding every special quirk and want of life that pops into their head.

Well... that's part of it... duh! But what does that have to do with their genitalia?

Parenting is about raising your kids -- sons and daughters -- to be self-sufficient, resourceful, and responsible adults who can take care of their own quirks and wants and needs. All of which will vary from time to time and circumstance to circumstance. But not from gender to gender.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthernLites

Trans woman wants 50K because Muslim woman refuses to wax xir's testicles.

LMFAO!

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but if a person is equipped as a man, they are a man (male, whatever)

If a person is equipped as a woman, then they are a woman (female, whatever).

Period.

If those same people want to dress up in each other's clothing, or if they want to "identify" with themselves some other way, then fine, it's none of my business and I really couldn't care less. They will be the ones who have to deal with whatever societal pressure they induce on themselves for their behavior. It's not my issue, and my world continues to turn just fine one way or the other.

HOWEVER...when that same "man" demands to be able to use the women's restroom (where my wife, daughter or female loved one is), I draw the line! Same goes for the woman demanding the men's restroom. Now, if some "man" wants to get the the short-hairs yanked off his ballsack (and he's stupid enough to actually do it), again, that's not my problem. He can go right on ahead with his bad-self. But, much like the restrooms, if this same "man" demands to be treated like a woman, despite the fact "he" is anatomically set up as a man...then we've got a problem!

If men want to be with men sexually, fine. If men want to dress up like women, fine. Don't care, do whatever you want. Same goes for women. Again, don't care. BUT...when men start demanding to be treated as women, when they're still men, that's not fine! Same for women.

This might be a painful factoid for some here, but the human race does not exist with out a female and a male. The human race cannot procreate with only men, or only women. It's an irrefutable scientific fact. So to suggest there are no differences between the two is simply ludicrous. Point being, there ARE differences. Mr. I wanna' be a woman, but I'm really a man, so I am entitled to be treated as a woman wouldn't even exist had it not been for a woman...and the diametric opposite of a woman, a man...hadn't procreated to result in his stupid ass! Birth defects aside, if a man is born as a man, then he is a man. If a woman is born as a woman, then she is a woman. Period.

Homosexuality is one thing, but gender reassignment is something altogether different and unnatural. Even worse, someone who doesn't attempt the gender reassignment and expects to magically all of a sudden be the opposite sex and treated that way.

I'm sorry, but that doesn't cut it! There's a limit, a line, and this kind of stuff is way past that line!
edit on 5/17/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Yes, I often post links with content that is in direct contradiction with my argument. It makes my point so convincing.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I think you're misinterpreting what I am saying.

Or you're just convinced I believe something a certain way.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

1. Gender Dysphoria is a mental disorder likely brought on by genetic traits that are ABNORMAL.

2. Gender reassignment surgery MAY alleviate dysphoria, but it does NOT address the myriad of mental illness that is brought on by the condition.

3. Gender reassignment surgery causes MORE problems than it fixes. Alleviating dysphoria by physically changing one's sex is not a cure, but a coddling of a disorder that requires treatment.

4. Transgendered people making ridiculous demands and filing stupid lawsuits because someone doesn't want to touch their junk is not a sign of mental stability.

5. The person who is the subject of this thread is not mentally healthy or stable and should not be coddled as if his condition is normal. It isn't.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

I think you're misinterpreting what I am saying.

Or you're just convinced I believe something a certain way.

Based on your words, I think you believe being transgender is a mental illness. Your links to support your argument are not very convincing though.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I see it as a genetic aberration that leads to mental problems.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Inquiring about a service is not booking an appointment.

When I call to ask if an establishment does something, they will tell me if they can or can not do it as a general practice, not if they can do it right now.

When I book an appointment, they will tell me if they can do it for me, as I want it, at the time I would like it.

edit on 17-5-2018 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join