It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trans woman wants 50K because Muslim woman refuses to wax xir's testicles.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: captainpudding
Wow, the SJW's must be losing their # over this. Do they support the trans person who wants a wax, or the Muslim woman whose religious beliefs prevent her from doing the wax? This should be fun to watch.

Are you saying you would be willing to touch this persons junk?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
As if that matters. I don't know how many men would touch another's junk.

Not to generalize, but it's my guess that the majority of males who work in hair removal salons are perfectly fine with touching another's junk, and not just in their professional life.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Not at all, but that's for personal reasons, not religious. ETA: Also, I'm also not an esthetician
edit on 17-5-2018 by captainpudding because: eta

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Not to generalize, but it's my guess that the majority of males who work in hair removal salons are perfectly fine with touching another's junk, and not just in their professional life.

And the owner explained that such a person wasn't employed there.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

But the DSM says the accepted treatment for the treatment is transitioning. What you call “coddling” is the generally accepted treatment by the medical and science community.

Yes, discrimination and bad treatment by others IS the most prevalent reason. Much less prevalent are other issues, like unsuccessful surgeries/surgery complications, and other existing mental health problems totally separate from the dysphoria.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Gender is in the brain.

Sorry, but current research doesn't support this at all. If gender was just a construct of the brain, then transgendered people would be considered deviant since the vast majority of the population identifies as either of two biologically defined sexes.

Also, the current research on transgender persons wouldn't be possible if we took this approach.

There's also a lot of hype and misinformation with regard to how the community is handling the actual research.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

If you actually bothered to read the article you'd know that's not true "He further explained the only staff member he had who did male waxing was off on a sick leave and there was no one else."

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Not surprising you had to look the term up. You apparently don't know much about trans people at all.

It is hard to consider People normal who will meet up with strangers in toilets for sex or self-described as kneeling in bushes in parks for strangers unseen to enjoy at will by the dozens per night.

Okay. I see lots of conservative politicians who rail on homosexuality caught trying to hook up in airport restrooms and on Grinder. What does that have to do with transgender people?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Some parents are deciding to raise their children without regards to gender, including names, pronouns, clothes, toys, etc. Those parents are usually criticized by conservative groups for doing so.

Yeah, they're criticized because they're effing imbeciles who are simply contributing another wilting wallflower waste of a walking emotional entitlement to a society already overpopulated with them.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

a reply to: SeaWorthy

Not surprising you had to look the term up. You apparently don't know much about trans people at all.

It is hard to consider People normal who will meet up with strangers in toilets for sex or self-described as kneeling in bushes in parks for strangers unseen to enjoy at will by the dozens per night.

Okay. I see lots of conservative politicians who rail on homosexuality caught trying to hook up in airport restrooms and on Grinder. What does that have to do with transgender people?

RINOS

link   

If you actually bothered to read the article you'd know that's not true "He further explained the only staff member he had who did male waxing was off on a sick leave and there was no one else."

Thus they didn't have someone there that did that service. Where's the problem then? That the one that did refuse was Muslim? I'm sure Christian ladies have had the same problem with the same result. You have a problem with that too?

link   

a reply to: Boadicea

But we DO make distinctions between the sexes. Every day, all the time.

And THAT'S what needs to stop!!! Transpeople are now the most "gender-conforming" and perpetuating folks in society.

Some parents are deciding to raise their children without regards to gender, including names, pronouns, clothes, toys, etc. Those parents are usually criticized by conservative groups for doing so. I assume by your statements that you don’t agree with these conservative groups and are very much okay with raising a child in this way?

I let my kids be kids. They figured out for themselves who they are -- hopefully with a little guidance from their parents. But we never defined them by their bits and parts... and we never suggested something wasn't appropriate or something was more appropriate because of their bits and parts. Well, except when those bits and parts made it necessary... such as the time I explained to my daughter she couldn't pee standing up like her brother because her body just didn't work the same way.... while running a bath for her and cleaning the floor...

The only problem I see with this, is that kids tend to know their gender identity pretty early on, and find ways to express it, no matter how they are raised.

Only when taught that our physical genitalia determines who we are inside. So yes, I would have to agree that it's wrong to impress any kind of gender conformance or stereotypes on kids or anyone. If they're not hurting anyone, let them do as they will.

We can agree that one’s conscious awareness of self comes from the brain, yes? Identity is self awareness. Identity comes from the brain.

Basically, yes.

Gender is part of identity. Gender is in the brain.

Only to the extent that physical reality necessitates. Everything else is your own creation. Every intangible quality you assign to gender is subjective, at best, because for every nonphysical trait one can assign to either gender, there are countless people of that gender that it does not apply to.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Please look at the source. I have been in the medical field for 36 years. Studies can be influenced for outcome very easily. I have seen it in pharmaceutical industry and medical fields. Everyone individual or corporate wants to justify their cause or belief. All I am saying is look at nature and biology. We do not have a clue to the depth of human consciousness or psychology for that matter. Why you disassociate transgenders and anorexics as so different. One looks in the mirror and sees fat when skinny. Another looks in the mirror and sees breasts and a vagina when a penis is there. I don't get your stance. Is the same to me. I believe one is hooked and entrenched in a liberal agenda and the other is not.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Nothing in that link contradicts anything I’ve said. I especially liked this paragraph:

The conclusion is clear: “We identified genetic variants in 20 genes that may play a role in transgender identity.” But it is still a powerful statement, for it lends justification to the idea that identifying as transgender is neither a mental illness nor a lifestyle choice – it is a variation on the theme of being human, as we all are in one way or another.

Kind of implies trans people are normal, huh?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Ansuzrune

No, they do not see a breast and vagina when a penis is there. That’s absolutely false.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I implore you to read that article thoroughly.

It states nothing of the sort. Only that there may be preliminary indicators.

It isn't normal. It is counter our species biological constructs. If anything it could identify a genetic abnormality.
edit on 17 5 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Thanks for proving my point.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
a reply to: NorthernLites

S&F for the lolz

In my opinion you wouldn’t be denying anyone their rights by denying them a testicular waxing. This reminds me of that story where a gay couple was trying to force a cake company to make them a wedding cake.

Why do you people keep bringing this up? Apples and muscle cars. The cake incident was a human rights violation. This is a scenario where there was no way to accommodate this. The owner had no male staff to provide the service. As if that matters. I don't know how many men would touch another's junk. And everyone knows how difficult it is to get a strange woman to go there.

I don't know how you don't understand this?!?!? That person does not identify as a man and therefore is not a man. Please respect the proper pronoun and address and treat it as such. For you to keep calling her a man shows just how big of a bigot you are!!

Anywho….That woman entered an establishment that caters to women requesting the same services on the same geographical area as any other woman. Now damnit someone wax this ladies balls and make it quick! She has a grinder date this weekend!

edit on 17-5-2018 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-5-2018 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yeah, they're criticized because they're effing imbeciles who are simply contributing another wilting wallflower waste of a walking emotional entitlement to a society already overpopulated with them.

And that may be the most effing imbecilic thing said in this whole thread.

So parents who treat their kids as individuals with their own strengths and weaknesses to nurture and develop without regard to their genitalia are effing imbeciles? Oh dear lord.

One's personal values are not determined by one's genitalia. Both men and women can be functional, responsible, productive and contributing members of society.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Nothing in that link contradicts anything I’ve said. I especially liked this paragraph:

The conclusion is clear: “We identified genetic variants in 20 genes that may play a role in transgender identity.” But it is still a powerful statement, for it lends justification to the idea that identifying as transgender is neither a mental illness nor a lifestyle choice – it is a variation on the theme of being human, as we all are in one way or another.

Well this is where the cheese binds. The definition of normal is seen differently by individuals. One will see:

a : conforming to a type, standard, or regular pattern

normal working hours

He had a normal childhood.

the effect of normal aging

b : according with, constituting, or not deviating from a norm, rule, or principle

The normal way to pluralize a noun is by adding -s.

Some will see it as:

: occurring naturally

normal immunity

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join