It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trans woman wants 50K because Muslim woman refuses to wax xir's testicles.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Your identity is in your mind - your conscious awareness of self. Your gender is an important part of your identity. Gender is in the mind. Most of the time, one’s gender matches the physical. When it doesn’t match, there is dysphoria. Dysphoria is when one feels pain and suffering because their gender identity differs from their physical body. There is no pill one can take to change one’s gender identity - there is no therapy that will change one’s gender identity. Therefore, the dysphoria (pain and suffering) will continue forever, if not dealt with in some way.

Since one cannot change one’s gender identity, a way to alleviate the dysphoria is to change physical things. Sometimes that just means changing one’s hair or clothing. Sometimes it means taking hormones to help with physical changes. Sometimes it means having surgeries to physically change. It depends on the individual how far they need to go to alleviate the dysphoria. One cannot alleviate the dysphoria by telling themselves to “be happy with what they have.” It just doesn’t work that way. It never has. People have suffered needlessly with attitudes like that. There’s no reason to suffer.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Again, there are many trans people who wouldn’t have had a problem with rescheduling in order to have the service done by a qualified person. Don’t blame the whole trans community or its advocates for one litigious person.

If this person is even trans, and not just someone with a fetish for this sort of thing. I mean, how do you tell the difference between someone who is sincere and some guy with a beard in a dress turning up and going "Yeah, I'm a woman, now wax my ballsack" then getting off on it?

Whether the person describes themselves as trans is pretty much irrelevant - either the business is OK with ballsacks, or they are not. That's it.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: projectvxn
Keep coddling this mental illness and you'll get more of it.

Yeah, that’s what I tell myself about conservative gun nuts.

You seem to like to tell yourself a lot of things that aren't so.

Let me know when conservative gun nut in listed in DSM-5.

You are correct that conservative gun nut is not listed in DSM-5.

Neither is transgender person. What IS listed is gender dysphoria, i.e. the pain and suffering/depression/anxiety of the gender not matching the physical. Once trans people transition, they don’t usually have the dysphoria anymore.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I can't blame her...

Bwahahahaha....

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv
So if it is a body mind thing should we encourage anorexics to lose more weight?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ansuzrune
So if it is a body mind thing should we encourage anorexics to lose more weight?

Nope, not the same situation at all, though I know conservatives like to use this argument. An anorexic looks in the mirror and sees a fat person, no matter how emaciated they are. A person with gender dysphoria looks in the mirror and sees the reality of their physical body, knowing it doesn’t match their gender identity. People with gender dysphoria are not delusional.
edit on 17-5-2018 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra
If she’s making it up, she’s just making life harder for every other trans person out there. If the don’t wax penises and testicles as the owner alleges then that’s the end of it, physically you have one or the other (both in rare cases) . You can be trans, but you’re going to have issues like this one if you want other people touching your body.

How do you mean making it up? From what we have all be programmed, I mean told is that Transgender is not some make believe issue or a mental health problem. People really were born wrong and they have a right to be what they want. Plus gender is fluid so this man/woman is what it says it is at that time it says it is and should be treated as such. Accusing them of making it up is down right disgusting. You and everyone here should be ashamed of themselves.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm currently identifying as a fish and all this typing is hurting my fins....

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

A person with gender dysphoria looks in the mirror and sees the reality of their physical body, knowing it doesn’t match their gender identity.

So how does a male with gender dysphoria know what it feels like when they 'identify as a woman'? I mean, their bodies are completely different in terms of physiology, biology, hormonally, etc.

Maybe they're really just effeminate men?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Neither is transgender person. What IS listed is gender dysphoria, i.e. the pain and suffering/depression/anxiety of the gender not matching the physical. Once trans people transition, they don’t usually have the dysphoria anymore.

American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (PDF)

While discrimination may play a role in the high suicide rate it can't be the only factor as discrimination does not account for the vast majority of ideations, attempts, or successful suicides.

A study conducted in Sweden from 1973-2003 said the following:
Long-Term Follow-Up of Transsexual Persons Undergoing Sex Reassignment Surgery: Cohort Study in Sweden

Persons with transsexualism, after sex reassignment, have considerably higher risks for mortality, suicidal behaviour, and psychiatric morbidity than the general population. Our findings suggest that sex reassignment, although alleviating gender dysphoria, may not suffice as treatment for transsexualism, and should inspire improved psychiatric and somatic care after sex reassignment for this patient group.

Once again you keep repeating things that aren't so.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Your identity is in your mind - your conscious awareness of self. Your gender is an important part of your identity.

Only to the extent that one's physical anatomy requires.

Gender is in the mind.

So we've been told. Because folks are trying to redefine gender in their own image so to speak. Long before humans knew about chromosomes and hormones and other gender related physiology, folks could easily distinguish between the two predominant anatomy types: male and female.

And I would bet since time immemorial, women have been telling men not to define them by their parts!!! Because it doesn't work. It never has and never will. I don't care if it's Puritans telling women their place is in the home barefoot and pregnant... or transpeople telling us who and what a woman "really" is.

Most of the time, one’s gender matches the physical.

Most of time, people understand that their bits and parts are just that -- nothing more and nothing less. And they don't pretend or believe or desire otherwise. And they certainly don't demand that others do.

When it doesn’t match, there is dysphoria. Dysphoria is when one feels pain and suffering because their gender identity differs from their physical body. There is no pill one can take to change one’s gender identity - there is no therapy that will change one’s gender identity. Therefore, the dysphoria (pain and suffering) will continue forever, if not dealt with in some way.

This is very simplistic, misleading, and selective statement. It does not apply to all transpeople, and may not apply to any transpeople. This isn't the thread for that discussion/debate, so I will simply reiterate that because a certain agenda has been adopted, that the necessary and appropriate research and treatments are not being pursued to properly understand the many underlying causes, issues and remedies.

Since one cannot change one’s gender identity, a way to alleviate the dysphoria is to change physical things. Sometimes that just means changing one’s hair or clothing. Sometimes it means taking hormones to help with physical changes. Sometimes it means having surgeries to physically change. It depends on the individual how far they need to go to alleviate the dysphoria. One cannot alleviate the dysphoria by telling themselves to “be happy with what they have.” It just doesn’t work that way. It never has. People have suffered needlessly with attitudes like that. There’s no reason to suffer.

And if that were all that's happening, there would be no problem. But that's not what's happening.

Hormones and surgery are basically a hallucinogen... doesn't fix anything, just encourages the delusions and fantasies. And when the "remedies" create even more health issues (and they do), then it's irresponsible, and it's not really a remedy at all. Just a hallucinogen to escape reality. But too often, reality eventually hits them upside the head and they have to see the reality they created: Now their body is broken and damaged.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Your identity is in your mind - your conscious awareness of self. Your gender is an important part of your identity.

Only to the extent that one's physical anatomy requires.

Gender is in the mind.

So we've been told. Because folks are trying to redefine gender in their own image so to speak. Long before humans knew about chromosomes and hormones and other gender related physiology, folks could easily distinguish between the two predominant anatomy types: male and female.

And I would bet since time immemorial, women have been telling men not to define them by their parts!!! Because it doesn't work. It never has and never will. I don't care if it's Puritans telling women their place is in the home barefoot and pregnant... or transpeople telling us who and what a woman "really" is.

Most of the time, one’s gender matches the physical.

Most of time, people understand that their bits and parts are just that -- nothing more and nothing less. And they don't pretend or believe or desire otherwise. And they certainly don't demand that others do.

When it doesn’t match, there is dysphoria. Dysphoria is when one feels pain and suffering because their gender identity differs from their physical body. There is no pill one can take to change one’s gender identity - there is no therapy that will change one’s gender identity. Therefore, the dysphoria (pain and suffering) will continue forever, if not dealt with in some way.

This is very simplistic, misleading, and selective statement. It does not apply to all transpeople, and may not apply to any transpeople. This isn't the thread for that discussion/debate, so I will simply reiterate that because a certain agenda has been adopted, that the necessary and appropriate research and treatments are not being pursued to properly understand the many underlying causes, issues and remedies.

And if that were all that's happening, there would be no problem. But that's not what's happening.

Hormones and surgery are basically a hallucinogen... doesn't fix anything, just encourages the delusions and fantasies. And when the "remedies" create even more health issues (and they do), then it's irresponsible, and it's not really a remedy at all. Just a hallucinogen to escape reality. But too often, reality eventually hits them upside the head and they have to see the reality they created: Now their body is broken and damaged.

Thank you for saying what I couldn't articulate myself.

Bravo

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
It took me a long time to stop laughing and crying at the same time over this story (is that bad?). I was speechless for a while too (GASP!).

I really don't know what else to say, but...

Can you imagine being the person who has to say ... "I uhhhh, well, I errrr...aw the hell with it; I'm a women's ballsack waxer for a living"?????

Oh really? Where do you work exactly??

"Ummmmm...the traveling Circus??"

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Hmmm...$50,000.00 for NOT getting your balls waxed?

Where is this place again?

LOL! Gasping for air! Too funny.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Rewey

Gender is in the mind. Yes, there are some social constructs, but it is the brain that identifies with those constructs. Awareness of self, as it happens in the brain, including gender identity, is very powerful. It cannot be willed to be different, no matter how much one might try to do so. It causes great pain and suffering when the brain doesn’t match the anatomy. Effeminate men don’t necessarily have dysphoria. A lot of effeminate men are quite happy with their anatomy, and don’t have female gender identity.

I can’t tell you exactly how it feels to have gender dysphoria, as I am lucky enough to not suffer from the condition.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
This is the bottom line imo:

“I have no male wax staff,” Carruthers said Friday. “We are not able to provide that service.”

Pointless argument on this woman's part(s).

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Thank you... I'm honored. Billy Dee from Lady Sings the Blues...

Love that!!!

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: GuidedKill

Thank you... I'm honored. Billy Dee from Lady Sings the Blues...

Love that!!!

No thank you.....

Billy Dee Approves!!!

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Gender dysphoria has been around for centuries - it just wasn’t called that. Lots of people suffered their entire lives. Some societies welcomed and accepted them.

There has been lots of research on the subject, though more is needed. Many drugs and therapies have been tried. The most successful treatment by far, as been transitioning to whatever the level the individual needs to alleviate the dysphoria. That’s a fact.

As far as the causes, we haven’t figured that out yet. Because trans people come from all walks of life and all types of home life and childhoods, it doesn’t appear to be strictly psychological. That means it could be neurological, environmental, or a combination of several elements.

What we do know is that it happens. We also know that there are many, many trans people who live very happy and successful lives once they have transitioned. They are happiest when they are accepted by their families and their community. They are also happiest when they are happy with their physical transition. Sometimes, their physical transition didn’t go as well as they had hoped. That could be for different reasons, including they started transitioning way past puberty when permanent physical traits are formed that cannot be changed.

Reality is not just the physical anatomy. Reality is also in the brain. These people are not delusional. They don’t have hallucinations, they don’t hear voices, they are fully aware of reality.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

a reply to: Rewey

Gender is in the mind. Yes, there are some social constructs, but it is the brain that identifies with those constructs. Awareness of self, as it happens in the brain, including gender identity, is very powerful.

I appreciate the response but not sure it clears things up for me.

I would argue that a male with gender dysphoria has nothing but social constructs to go on. I mean, they want to wear female clothes, make up, raise the voice pitch, wear lacy underwear, high heels, etc. These are all social constructs. After all, not every cultures' women wear dresses, high heels, etc - they are only mimicking the stereotypes of the women around them in their own society?

But the things that actually do make up the reality of being female - hormonal things, physiological things, cognitive things - I would argue they could never actually know what that feels like, and could therefore never genuinely 'feel like a woman'?

These are all genuine queries - I'm not just trying to be argumentative...

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I identify my ass as my face, now I demand a shave!

The right to refuse business, to everyone but the mentally twisted.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join