It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

best president

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 03:18 AM
link   
J F K
Not only for what he stood for, but more importantly what he might of done if he lived.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 12:20 AM
link   
In my opinion, Lincoln is definitely the best president. He abolished the slavery, kept the states united.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Good gosh, I don't think it's possible to determine which president was best. We have had some really lousy ones, and we've had some that really didn't do anything at all (one might say they are they best!), but we've had several that had to rise to an occasion. George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, John Kennedy, Ronald Reagan; these guys are the types I'm talking about. Which is best? I'm just glad the right man was around to take care of the jobs they handled.

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Thomas Jefferson was undoubtedly our finest president not only for his statesmanship but for his resolve.

encarta.msn.com...

"Jefferson, with his faith in the rational mind and his optimistic view of popular government, placed his trust in the land and the people who farmed it. He believed that the purpose of government was to assure the freedom of its individual citizens. With his fear of tyranny, he distrusted centralization of power and favored instead the spread of power among the federal, state, and local levels of government."

[Edited on 8-7-2003 by astrocreep]

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by samtalkington
who do all you guys think is the best president. of all time all 46 or how ever many there are. i am going with andrew jackson

None of them, they were all puppets, if u want to know who was the funniest puppet of them, or who looked serious, or stuff like that, then i still voting nobody....

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Best President is and always will be William Henry Harrison. Presidency was short and to the point.

(Died in 30 days)

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 07:25 PM
link   
that's what i was gonna say Fox!

He didn't have time to do anything terrible.

So I'll vote for James K polk
For the why, I'll let the band They Might Be Giants explain, in their song titled, well, "James K. Polk"
(especially in the third stanza)
Enjoy!

In 1844, the Democrats were split
The three nominees for the presidential candidate
Were Martin Van Buren, a former president and an abolitionist
James Buchanan, a moderate
Louis Cass, a general and expansionist
From Nashville came a dark horse riding up
He was James K. Polk, Napoleon of the Stump

Austere, severe, he held few people dear
His oratory filled his foes with fear
The factions soon agreed
He's just the man we need
To bring about victory
Fulfill our manifest destiny
And annex the land the Mexicans command
And when the votes were cast the winner was
Mister James K. Polk, Napoleon of the Stump

In four short years he met his every goal
He seized the whole southwest from Mexico
Made sure the tarriffs fell
And made the English sell the Oregon territory
He built an independent treasury
Having done all this he sought no second term
But precious few have mourned the passing of
Mister James K. Polk, our eleventh president
Young Hickory, Napoleon of the Stump

go d/l this - it's worth a listen to really feel it.

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 07:30 PM
link   
3 is a charm.

I agree.
Though my choice is understood unsaid.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I would say probable the best president was Truman he had some big shoes to fill and some of the hardest decisions to make of all the presidents to unleash the most dangerous weapon ever known on a enemy.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Thomas Jefferson.... I just really like the guy as I see him and have gotten to know him through his writings and his bad habit of not caving to pressure or towing any lines. He was passionate about this country.. and thats what we lack.. passion about our country rather than passion about control and appeasement.

In MY lifetime fave prez: I enjoyed my best economic times under Clinton. He actually was a good leader. He had a few beliefs I am very opposed to, but as far as prosperity in my lifetime when I was actually working .. it would be him. I dont even think about the Lewinski thing. Im very serious about this.. I dont care who a prez is boinking as long as he can do the job. His or her sexuality or "other" really isnt my concern. I believe that MANY presidents were cheaters on their wives and we have proof of several LOL!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join