It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking- Russia messed with the election - US Senate committee

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: katsung47

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Give it up. Russia did not make me vote for Trump. I did not need some Facebook shill to tell me Hillary was the absolute last person on Earth who should be elected president.

Then why Trump call for a Russian hacking?

Donald Trump Calls on Russia to Find Hillary Clinton’s Missing Emails
By ASHLEY PARKER and DAVID E. SANGER JULY 27, 2016

“Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,” Mr. Trump said during a news conference here in an apparent reference

www.nytimes.com...
Then why does there continue to be no evidence of Russian hacking?

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Actually they also ran pro liberal and social justice type ads and events. a reply to: Subaeruginosa

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
That parts fine provided evidence. But what we reject is liberals and the media trying to make this the explanatory reason for Trumo winning and using it as a deflection from a host of problems with the election.

a reply to: darkbake

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Personally -- I'd question why Russia feared Hillary.

That's far more significant to me.

I think the reality is that Russia only wanted to make things crazy. They didn't pick a candidate insomuch as they created mayhem and tension.

Im on the fence about shapiro, but he says interesting things. Today he was discussing his belief that "the left" has commandeered media, while the "right" has commandeered politics. Each is their chosen voice, their chosen outlet. My first thought was Avenatti, who is basically the public courts Mueller, which "the left" loves. "The right" sees it as morose, because they are now counterculture (with "media" creating culture itself).

Its an interesting idea, for sure. And whether or not Russia had anything to do with any of this, in the end we have ourselves to blame. We don't need to stinking heroes.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Thanks for your reply, I did more research and found that there were still 17 intelligence organizations involved in the decision, although the Office of the Director of National Intelligence spoke for the groups that were not the FBI, NSA, or CIA. So this means there were, at the very least, 4 organizations that gave their consensus, and at most, 17, depending on how you want to look at it...

But no one was being deceptive here, 17 is a reasonable count of intelligence agencies involved in the report. Even if one decided to only count the CIA, FBI, and NSA, it is still relevant that those three all came to the same consensus.

To me, it seems like those arguing for only 3 intelligence agencies are not only picking teeth but trying their hardest to use manipulative tactics to discredit the findings.

I would read the article I linked in my previous post as it clears up all of this confusion.
edit on 16pmWed, 16 May 2018 16:57:01 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
There was no Russian interference in the 2016 election at all. It's a completely made up lie.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

It sounds like you would enjoy working for the House Intelligence Committee.

Last week, Burr signaled his committee would break with the House Republicans. When asked about the House findings, he said: "Well, I'm not sure the House was required to substantiate every conclusion with facts." "We may have different opinions," Burr said. "But whatever we propose, whatever we assess, we're going to have the facts to show for that."

CNN
edit on 16pmWed, 16 May 2018 16:58:38 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

Thanks for your reply, I did more research and found that there were still 17 intelligence organizations involved in the decision, although the Office of the Director of National Intelligence spoke for the groups that were not the FBI, NSA, or CIA. So this means there were, at the very least, 4 organizations that gave their consensus, and at most, 17, depending on how you want to look at it...

But no one was being deceptive here, 17 is a reasonable count of intelligence agencies involved in the report. Even if one decided to only count the CIA, FBI, and NSA, it is still relevant that those three all came to the same consensus.

To me, it seems like those arguing for only 3 intelligence agencies are not only picking teeth but trying their hardest to use manipulative tactics to discredit the findings.

I would read the article I linked in my previous post as it clears up all of this confusion.

The other 14 agencies were only involved in that the DNI directs them. So attributing what he endorsed (the view of 3 of the agencies) to the other 14 agencies is akin to saying whatever Trump says is the views of all Americans. He "represents" us, but that doesn't mean we all concur with everything he says or that we had any say in what his statement was going to be.

The only deception was Politifact pretending Trump meant there were only 3 or 4 intelligence agencies.
edit on 16 5 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
HRC won the popular vote, as is the main talking point.

Did Russia play the electoral too?

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
*Bangs head on desk*

They have attempted to manipulate the elections since the day we became competing ideologies... possibly before it.

this is not new, nor sudden, nor astonishing...we mess with other countries elections they try to mess with ours.

Sometimes its Obama telling brits to vote against leaving the EU, other times its the CIA trying to overthrow a country.

Probably the main reason we are better at medling is our arrogance, and we for quite some time had more money to throw at it so our people are pretty well practiced at it.

eventually the tables will turn and we will be on the receiving end... if you think 2016 was bad for interference I would say buckle up dorthy you aint seen nothing yet.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

There is not really any confusion. The report was from 3 agencies, with resources chosen to contribute from within them. The DNI provides the reporting line of all agencies.
The '17 agencies agree' lie has already been exposed, hence it isn't used anymore.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Can you show one US intel agency that has said they don’t believe Russia interfered with the election

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   
dp
edit on 16-5-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheGOAT
Nothing Russia did, said, or promoted made me vote for Trump. Zero!

Same here.

Now, where was the outrage when Russia meddled in past elections?

More importantly, where was the outrage when the US and allies meddled in elections all over the world?

And of utmost importance, can anyone quantify the impact of Russian meddling?
edit on 16-5-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Can you show one US intel agency that has said they don’t believe Russia interfered with the election

Lol, what???
13 agencies were not involved in the production of the report. Why would they get involved to deny it???

Please inform yourself. Here is Clapper himself making it 100% clear
"3 agencies... NOT all 17 components of the intelligence community"

www.realclearpolitics.com...

Why do you persist on perpetuating lies peddled by the media? If you are going to hold tight to proven nonsense, why would anyone believe anything you have to say?
edit on 16/5/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Hey am only asking a question.

Can you cite one US intel agency that disputes russin interference in the election.

I mean if you can’t just say so.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Hey am only asking a question.

Can you cite one US intel agency that disputes russin interference in the election.

I mean if you can’t just say so.

See above - stop embarrassing yourself. It's cringe-worthy.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

So that’s a no, you can’t name a intelligence agency in the US that has disputed the claim that Russia interfered with the election.

Ok fair enough.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I just heard that mueller says he cannot indict trump. Is this true? If so, where is the thread?

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: Sublimecraft

How did they interfere?

With an effective propaganda campaign.

What, specifically, did they 'do' to interfere.

They focused on trolling social media and right wing (fake) news sites, such as Breitbart and infowars... They planted ridiculous stories on these sites about Hillary and the democratic party... Like how she was running a pediphile ring out of a pizza shop in Washington, for example.

Who did they focus this interference on?

Right wing anti-government extremists...

Bet you a billion dollars you can't effective answer any of those 3 questions with actual examples and facts to prove 'interference in the election to help Trump and hurt Hillary'.

Well, obviously you don't have a billion dollars... So I'm not to concerned with "effectively" answering your 3 questions to your satisfaction, or going to the trouble of proving the obvious to you.

If you are right, the left and Trump opposition should be scared sh!tless. Half of the voting populace would be considered right wing extremists. And those guys hate liberals, and they are heavily armed. Pissing in their corn flakes at the rate that has been happening would end frighteningly poor. If they were really in those numbers that is. It's more likely that while Russia may have placed adds and wild news stories, they really didn't have much if any effect on the outcome of the election. Hillary would have needed Trump to die, in order to beat him. And even then, I'm not sure she could have pulled it off.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join