It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking- Russia messed with the election - US Senate committee

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
The problem with this is that it let's the Democrats place blame and focus on a minor issue, instead of focusing on why they really lost the last election. And that was a bad candidates and alienating their base. Trump was a better candidate than any of the other republicans and excited the far right base. Case closed.
As a liberal, I agree about this being a deflection from the real reasons.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: xenon129

In the dems defense, with all the help they had, they still lost to Donald Trump..........Donald Trump.

Yep, most people ignore the fact that the media was 95% behind Hillary and she still lost, proving what a horrid candidate she was.

This is the really funny part. They are arguing over Russia meddling in an election, which EVERY country does to other countries, when nobody is looking at the fact that almost every major MSM outlet in the US was predicting a massive HRC victory right up to the winner announcement.

Now I'm not sure about everyone here, but having my own media outlets in my own country constantly and consistently touting HRC as the foreseen victor is likely MUCH more manipulative than anything Russia did.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

so in your view then is it fair to say that you don't believe the assessment of the entire US intelligence community the senate intelligence committee, the intelligence services of other allied states and the media...?

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT
You realize that the paid Russian trolls didn’t make pro-Trump posts, right? They made crazy sounding left wing ones, not to paint Trump in a good light but to paint the left in a bad light.

I can’t be the only here who remembers the farewell posts when their contract was up where they layed out exactly how they did things and how they were recruited. They weren’t up for long, but I know I’m not the only one who saw them. I even contacted a few after the fact and talked to them for a few months. It seems a lot of people here have a fundamental misunderstanding of how they work.

I’ll gladly make a thread about it with screenshots if it isn’t against T&C to post images of banned members OP’s. I’m not sure if that’s against the rules or not.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

after listening to various different sources of info and forming my own opinion based off of my morals and ideals i did not vote for either party. imo america needs a more moderate candidate who can negotiate and get things done and make ALL americans happy. i would like a fiscally responsible candidate who can lead by example morally and ethically. unfortunately, i think the system is way too corrupt to ever let that happen.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Everyone who spends time on facebook is being manipulated in one way or another, I stopped using it a few years ago when I noticed the impact it was having on my mental and emotional state.

All of our brains can be tricked, keep yours protected.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

"they agree with the intelligence community’s assessment that Russia interfered in the 2016 presidential election"

Please provide links for each of the 17 Intelligence agencies that agreed and the name of the person from each agency that issued the agreement.

Good luck.
edit on R412018-05-16T14:41:43-05:00k415Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

"they agree with the intelligence community’s assessment that Russia interfered in the 2016 presidential election"

Please provide links for each of the 17 Intelligence agencies that agreed and the name of the person issuing the agreement.

Good luck.

It has been widely reported you can deny this if you want but please don't pretend that its not happened.

Do you deny that the Russia government interfered with the election.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
dp
edit on 16-5-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
another statement backed with absolutely no facts

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The problem with this is that it let's the Democrats place blame and focus on a minor issue, instead of focusing on why they really lost the last election. And that was a bad candidates and alienating their base. Trump was a better candidate than any of the other republicans and excited the far right base. Case closed.

Totally agree.

Just the very fact that the Russias have done this now has far reaching consequences for how democracy is viewed and this is a key point. Now there is a danger that the narrative will become that the Dems only lost because of the Russian interference when, while yes it may have contributed, there are actually other more important reasons they lost.

Yes this is the primary concern. I'm on the liberal side. My worry is all these people I know will never look hard at corruption in the DNC, the casting away of working class/labor issues, the cynical focus on identity politics, nor that the primary was functionally rigged in Clinton's favor. To add to this, the Dem leadership has proven itself Republican light on the topics of Wall St and war mongering. That turns off a lot of leftists and/or progressives.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Please provide links for each of the 17 Intelligence agencies that agreed and the name of the person issuing the agreement.

Good luck.

It has been widely reported you can deny this if you want but please don't pretend that its not happened.

Widely reported but never proven. As a matter of fact, you can not even prove that the majority of the intelligence agencies agreed with that assessment.

Go ahead, man up....you are reporting a story that says the Intelligence Agencies agreed with this assessment.

There are 17. I have never heard of more than 3 or 4 that concurred with that assessment.

I will be waiting.
edit on R472018-05-16T14:47:12-05:00k475Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Its even in the articles linked in the OP, the entire US Intelligence apparatus has said they believe the Russian government was interfering in the 2016 presidential election and now the Senate intelligence Committee has came out and said the they agree with this assessment.

What proof do you want?

All I can do is just spam links, short of having Putin on video admiring to it, what proof do you actually want.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

so in your view then is it fair to say that you don't believe the assessment of the entire US intelligence community the senate intelligence committee, the intelligence services of other allied states and the media...?
Review my post again and I invite you to contest any of those facts. This Russian troll farm is the only proven thing, and it's as I described from what I know.

Secondly, at this point I have very little trust in the honesty of many intelligence agencies. Based on my background academically in history, and professional work in international affairs, it's clear to most of the world that the CIA for example is a horrific organization. Some of their misdeeds are even in docs on their own damn site.

The NSA has been caught abusing intelligence powers and lying to congress about it.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Personally -- I'd question why Russia feared Hillary.

That's far more significant to me.

I don't think its so much that they "feared Hilllary"... More than they knew Hillary would be respected and have credibility within the international community as a competent leader (whether true or not).

Where as, they knew Trump wouldn't have the same respect or credibility among would leaders and would just be considered as someone they had to grin and bear for 4 to 8 years, in order to maintain a good relationship with the US... which in turn, would give the Russian government more credibility on the world stage.

Their motivation for wanting Trump as POTUS is actually pretty obvious...
edit on 16-5-2018 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

a reply to: RickinVa

Its even in the articles linked in the OP, the entire US Intelligence apparatus has said they believe the Russian government was interfering in the 2016 presidential election and now the Senate intelligence Committee has came out and said the they agree with this assessment.

What proof do you want?

All I can do is just spam links, short of having Putin on video admiring to it, what proof do you actually want.

That's not true. After that statement was released, it was reported that not all agencies agreed. Some were of the opinion that there wasn't enough evidence to arrive at that conclusion.

It should very easy to find a document signed by the head of each agency if they all agreed.

You won't find that document. I have tried to find anything that lists each agency that agreed and the name of the person at that agency that stated that. Never found anything or than 3 or 4 out of 17.
edit on R592018-05-16T14:59:44-05:00k595Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

link   

I guarantee you, that Canadians played a larger voice in getting Trump elected than the russians.

link   

Good luck.

With respect, media also is often virtual propaganda. That doesn't mean this fact isn't true, but it's critical to be skeptical of mainstream media. They too have shown extreme bias, lack of investigative reporting, and lies by omission in many topics. This is most obvious on foreign policy.
edit on 16-5-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-5-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

As a liberal, I agree about this being a deflection from the real reasons.

I tend to lean liberal in a lot of issues, but also conservative in others. I realize there has to be balance. I realize that politically, we have liberal and conservative season and cycles. But I couldn't bring myself to vote for Hillary, or Trump. I focused on real liberals like Jill Stein and real conservatives like the libertarian and constitution party candidates.

It appears as though it's going to be more of the same from the democratic party. Meaning Trump or Pence is a shoe in.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Super.

Now let's get back to holding the Obama/Clinton/NWO/Globalist criminal network accountable for their crimes against not only the American people but people all around the world.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join