It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking- Russia messed with the election - US Senate committee

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The Russian company was fake. Ask Mueller, lol.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The Russian company was fake. Ask Mueller, lol.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

did all 99 intelligence agencies CONFIRM this?
LIKE ,LOL , HOW did they do what you people have been saying for eons with no evidence to back your claims?

edit on 5 16 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

The key take away that people cant seem to grasp is there was no collusion by Trump with Russia.

Now to be fair, that is still under investigation and while it could be that nobody in the Trump camp did collude I don't think its possible to totally rule it out either.

Regardless like I have said before, I think if you voted for Clinton or for Trump this should be a matter of concern. While it might not have influenced your vote it may have influenced others and in a democracy that should not stand.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Give it up. Russia did not make me vote for Trump. I did not need some Facebook shill to tell me Hillary was the absolute last person on Earth who should be elected president.

Again thats not quite what is being said, what is being said is that the Russians actively interfered with the election to secure victory for Trump.

Now if that interference cause you to personally vote for trump or not does not matter, that is specific to you and you alone.

This is the senate committee saying that the Russians, a foreign state actively interfered with the 2016 presidential elections with the goal of subverting American democracy. Regardless of if you voted Trump or Clinton this should be deeply concerning.

I understand your point; what is missing from your OP is what level of successes did the Russian see with their activity to interfere with the election?

It's only common sense to expect Russia to interfere with our elections, we do it to them all the time. The question that is important is how well are they doing it?

Heck, the US lead an effort to oust the president of Ukraine because he was too pro-Russia for our liking. This started the debacle where several majority-Russian regions of Ukraine tried to secede. (Crimea being successful.) We have done far, far worse meddling in other countries' elections than anything we've accused Russia of. So don't whine to me about a handful of social media posts that likely didn't change a single vote.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

did all 99 intelligence agencies CONFIRM this?
LIKE ,LOL, HOW did they do what you people have been saying for eons with no evidence to back your claims?

Fair point but I like I have already said I think there comes a point when everyone has their cards on the table and you have to make the judgement for yourself.

The entire American intelligence apparatus and the views of the intelligence services of other countries along with the media and now the senate intelligence committee vs the Russian and Trump denials.

Its up to you personally how you want to make that judgement but I think that its becoming harder and harder to deny that the Russian state deliberately interfered with the 2016 presidential election with the goal of securing the presidency for Trump.

You might have a different view based on a different judgement but we all have different opinions in this world.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Give it up. Russia did not make me vote for Trump. I did not need some Facebook shill to tell me Hillary was the absolute last person on Earth who should be elected president.

Again thats not quite what is being said, what is being said is that the Russians actively interfered with the election to secure victory for Trump.

Now if that interference cause you to personally vote for trump or not does not matter, that is specific to you and you alone.

This is the senate committee saying that the Russians, a foreign state actively interfered with the 2016 presidential elections with the goal of subverting American democracy. Regardless of if you voted Trump or Clinton this should be deeply concerning.

Then this just highlights the stupidity and ignorance of the average American voter. If anyone lets Facebook or garbage MSN stories dictate on who they should pull the lever for, instead of performing their own due diligence, then they get what they deserve.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Sir, I have been asked for nothing but faith on the subject.

God doesnt even get that blindly from me. Show cards yes.

Have a good one.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Can you imagine if the media had flipped the script and went 90% negative for the dems during the election? They wouldn't even need to publish fake news. They could just talk all day about how illegal immigration is bad for America because it is. It's not a hard argument to make, it's a fact. And they could talk about how HIllary said she wanted open borders from the leaked speech where she also admitted that she has a public and private opinion. The media could also talk about all the other leaked emails that showed who these scum bags really were along with Hati, Seth Rich, the Clinton foundation....the list goes on and on. They could does this all while playing the spirit cooking video on repeat in the back ground. The dems wouldn't stand a chance if the media flipped the script.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

Sir, I have been asked for nothing but faith on the subject.

God doesnt even get that blindly from me. Show cards yes.

Have a good one.

Dude what you accept as proof?

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Then this just highlights the stupidity and ignorance of the average American voter. If anyone lets Facebook or garbage MSN stories dictate on who they should pull the lever for, instead of performing their own due diligence, then they get what they deserve.

Can't disagree with that but it does not mitigate the potential impact that this Russian interference may have had.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

It basically comes down to RUSSIA feeling Hillary Clinton would not have been a passive contribution to the Russian agenda as D. Trump may be...

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Personally -- I'd question why Russia feared Hillary.

That's far more significant to me.

The Russians fear size 14 sunflower yellow polyester pantsuits.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: xenon129

In the dems defense, with all the help they had, they still lost to Donald Trump..........Donald Trump.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13

It basically comes down to RUSSIA feeling Hillary Clinton would not have been a passive contribution to the Russian agenda as D. Trump may be...

I think its fair to say that Putin despised Clinton.

Now as much as I might not like Trump other than somewhat improving Russian/America relations I cannot see anything hugely beneficial he has done for Putin.

Of course it could just be that the Russians are just biding their time waiting for the opportunity.

who knows, maybe they just does it so that they could further divide the American people.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13

I think it’s about how easy it would be to use Donald Trump. You’re talking about someone with decades of dirty dealings around the globe, some of it with people who are obviously attached to hostile foreign governments.

Trumps ego alone leaves him open to all kinds of different types of manipulation. I bet a lot of our enemies were cheering on election night. Blind confidence is the easiest weakness to take advantage of, if you’re into that kind of thing.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: xenon129

In the dems defense, with all the help they had, they still lost to Donald Trump..........Donald Trump.

Yep, most people ignore the fact that the media was 95% behind Hillary and she still lost, proving what a horrid candidate she was.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
What exactly is meant by "meddle"? I see that word used a lot and it's very nebulous. Explain to me how Russia made me hate Hillary Clinton. How did Russia "mess" with the election to make that happen? Also, what about all the anti-Trump ads bought by Russia? They sponsored anti-Trump rallies FFS!

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Personally -- I'd question why Russia feared Hillary.

Putin thought she would try to open a Clinton Foundation in Russia if she won , and was afraid of the competition she would bring to the already corrupted Russian underground ?

The biggest reason Trump won was because the alternative was Hillary. Its that simple , had nothing todo with the Russians.

She couldn't even win her own party without colluding with the MSM and the DNC. Where is the unbiased , independent and unconflicting investigation into that or how her Husband unethically colluded with the head of the DOJ to keep Hillary out of jail in a secret tarmac meeting?

edit on 53531America/ChicagoWed, 16 May 2018 13:53:45 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
So basically the future of elections will be:

1. Democrats win the election - Everything was on the up and up!

2. Republicans win the Election - Russians hacked it (or some other conspiracy was to blame).

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join