It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking- Russia messed with the election - US Senate committee

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher
a reply to: randyvs

I was thinking I should send a thank you letter to Hillary for running such a bad Presidential campaign.

It really can't be more conclusive when
even hollywood is documenting your
criminal exploits.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: rickymouse

The USA did not ever do what Russia did. Not to any country at any time in our history.
Just quit the BS-ing it's a big fat lie the right is telling itself just now.

When did we EVER fill their airways with fake ads, or fill social media with lies, or try to affect voter registration rolls. Or hacked emails and spread them all over the internet?
Sorry you're completely wrong and just parroting what you've heard others say.
Give me one good example where the USA tried to trick citizens in another country to vote for the candidate we liked.

Are you being serious or are you really this stupid?

www.npr.org...

Yes, they really are this stupid. I’ve said from the onset I don’t care what country interferes, I’ll start caring when we (The US) stop interefering. We’ve done way worse than what Russia did to us complete with coups and overthrows of other governments to plant cooperative leadership.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Name just ONE LIE or fake ad that Russia put somewhere in their attempt to affect voters

Pick one:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That's just for starters. Don't forget to include #pizzagate!

You provided numerous examples of hoaxes/lies. Please source your proof that they were planted by Russia as opposed to some blogger from his mom’s basement.

What is it your asking for?

Do you really need a personally written admission from Putin himself, in order to accept the reality of how Trump was elected president of the United States?

Whether people want to accept it or not, the truth is that the American electorate got played like a fine violin, by a foreign super power in the 2016 elections... That's just a fact.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

originally posted by: thepixelpusher
a reply to: randyvs

I was thinking I should send a thank you letter to Hillary for running such a bad Presidential campaign.

It really can't be more conclusive when
even hollywood is documenting your
criminal exploits.

And even with a movie detailing the swamps in the USA, the people still don't notice or even care. I can't tell you the number of times someone asked me if I was going to get up early to watch the royal wedding, but no one talked about this movie and the implications. Breath of fresh air to read the "Q" threads here. At least I see someone cares!
edit on 19-5-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Name just ONE LIE or fake ad that Russia put somewhere in their attempt to affect voters

Pick one:

You provided numerous examples of hoaxes/lies. Please source your proof that they were planted by Russia as opposed to some blogger from his mom’s basement.

What is it your asking for?

Do you really need a personally written admission from Putin himself, in order to accept the reality of how Trump was elected president of the United States?

No, I don’t want a personally written admission from Putin. An iota of proof from the year and a half investgation would suit me just fine, instead of the empty, baseless rhetoric from the left.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Whether people want to accept it or not, the truth is that the American electorate got played like a fine violin, by a foreign super power in the 2016 elections... That's just a fact.

We all have the "Truth" we want to believe... but we must always remember to allow the facts to get in the way.

From a joint study on the subject regarding the 2016 election by Princeton University and Dartmouth College:

Specifically, we find that approximately one in four Americans visited a fake news website, but that consumption was disproportionately observed among Trump supporters for whom its largely pro-Trump content was attitude-consistent. However, this pattern of selective exposure was heavily concentrated among a small subset of people — almost six in ten visits to fake news websites came from the 10% of Americans with the most conservative information diets. Finally, we specifically identify Facebook as the most important mechanism facilitating the spread of fake news and show that fact-checking largely failed to e↵ectively reach consumers of fake news.

www.dartmouth.edu...

It would be more fair to say that "a small subset of mostly conservative information seekers" allowed themselves to be played like a fine violin ... into voting for the person they would have voted for anyway regardless of Russian interference.

Now thats "just a fact" ... with some actuarial research behind it.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   

a reply to: interupt42

So you voted for the corrupt, lying bully instead? The incompetent, three time bankrupt, twice divorced, sociopath who pays for sex? You should have voted for a third party candidate to rattle the system. Like I did. If more people voted third party, the decadent old ones would be forced to change.

No I didn't vote for either of those two clowns. However I'm glad trump won over another dynasty and not to mention the Clintona make the Trumpster look like Mother Teresa.

The worst trump could have become was a hillary,bush, or obama.The DNC managed to pick the only worst candidate than trump and that was hillary.

However, if this Q thing actually materializes (big IF) by the next election and some of these crooks go to jail I might be compelled to vote for him.

edit on 08531America/ChicagoSat, 19 May 2018 23:08:54 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Pick one:

Funny... that's exactly what both Trump and Putin said.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

There we go, I'll talk with you along these lines. But I won't listen to people who deny the truth that Russia tried to interfere with our elections and will be back both this year and in 2020. Something has to be done about it. Facebook is already taking action.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Giuliani says Mueller 'has all the facts ... and he has nothing' on Trump

President Trump's lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, told Fox News' Laura Ingraham Wednesday night that Special Counsel Robert Mueller should wrap up his investigation into alleged collusion with Russia by the Trump campaign, saying that Mueller "has nothing."

"It's been a year, he’s gotten more than 1.4 million documents, he’s interviewed 28 witnesses, and he has nothing," Giuliani said, "which is why he wants to bring the president into an interview."

Giuliani spoke to Ingraham the same day he said that Mueller told Trump's legal team he would follow Justice Department guidelines and not indict the sitting president.

edit on 20-5-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Facebook is already taking action.

You mean you embrace censorship of free speech of Conservatives, because that's what's happening? Just wait until that comes back to bite the Dems!! Just like Hillary losing...you'll be crying a river!!

Trump's Tweet today...the end is near Dems!!! BOOM!! Har har!!!!

More
I hereby demand, and will do so officially tomorrow, that the Department of Justice look into whether or not the FBI/DOJ infiltrated or surveilled the Trump Campaign for Political Purposes - and if any such demands or requests were made by people within the Obama Administration!

Trump Tweet

edit on 20-5-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

So Trump is going to hasten his impeachment by attacking his own Executive Branch for political purposes. Idiot.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

There we go, I'll talk with you along these lines. But I won't listen to people who deny the truth that Russia tried to interfere with our elections and will be back both this year and in 2020. Something has to be done about it. Facebook is already taking action.
Sure, and we try to interfere with many countries' elections.

While we should seek to stop legitimately Russian activities, this cannot be used as a smokescreen for calling inconvenient info or leaks as "fake news" or "Russian bots." That propaganda move is already being used by establishment figures here in the US.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   
There are only two kinds of interference I have heard in regards to the 2016 election.

One was by the Russians who put anti-hillary memes on social media like facebook.

The other was illegal aliens who were registered and taught to vote without an ID by democrats.

The first alleges interference provided the viewing public is swayed by the facebook memes. The other is DIRECT interference by foreign nationals in a US election.

Which is worse?

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Trump is smarter than his detractors...you'll see.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

There are only two kinds of interference I have heard in regards to the 2016 election.

One was by the Russians who put anti-hillary memes on social media like facebook.

They also bankrolled Trump through undeclared contributions laundered through the NRA and "conservative" PACs. Oh, and they mobilized local demonstrations through social media. And let's not forget their dominance of the alt-right and alt-truth internet. (Gerasimov Doctrine: weaponized IT.)

The other was illegal aliens who were registered and taught to vote without an ID by democrats.

An allegation that has never been proved. Trump set up a special commission to investigate why Hillary Clinton won the popular vote, alleging "voter fraud." The investigation has been going on longer than the Mueller investigation, and there has been no evidence of voter fraud presented. Of course, state governments are hesitant to cooperate in a political witch hunt. Including those that Trump carried. It would be a shame if the voter fraud was coming from the Republican side.

The first alleges interference provided the viewing public is swayed by the facebook memes.

Which it is. Facebook has people eating detergent pods. And remember, it was not just facebook, it was fake news, amplified by conspiracy sites like ATS. Don't forget the laundered money and potential blackmail. Those are pretty direct.

The other is DIRECT interference by foreign nationals in a US election.

The above was direct interference by foreign nationals. The voter fraud has yet to be proven.

Which is worse?

The one that really happened.
edit on 21-5-2018 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Oh no. It is not an allegation. It was proven to be true and some of the people who did it admitted it at exit polls. Taco trucks were registering illegals to vote and teaching them how to vote with a photocopy of a utility bill as their only ID. And in Chicago democrat aides admitted registering dead people when they were caught in the act. The denial stops here.

And lets not forget about the millions laundered by the clintons and the obamas, a good portion of which was determined to have come from Russian backers.

All the facebook ads and so-called fake news about hillary had no bearing on the election unless you can prove it actually convinced people to vote for Trump. I don't know anyone who made their final decision based on facebook memes. However, illegal aliens actually casting votes DID have an affect on the election.

edit on 21-5-2018 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Link please. Globalresearch and Infowars don't count, of course.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I was in Austin in November and saw it myself, not to mention it being on network news all over the country. They were registered at taco trucks in the streets, and told to get a photocopy of a utility bill to use as an ID and they were allowed to vote. That is all it took. And the laws had changed for that election. You could not use an original utility bill as an ID, ONLY A COPY WOULD BE ACCEPTED. A real one would mean they would have to be real residents and would not be able to vote otherwise. But by requiring only a photocopy of a utility bill be used anyone from anywhere could vote multiple times and no one could stop them. You can manage to believe the most ridiculous crap you hear about Trump with no problem. Even you cant believe that if it was that easy for illegals to vote and there were that many people encouraging them to do it that it never happened. If you honestly believe that there is absolutely no hope for you at all.

As for dead people being registered to vote - that also happens every year. I live just outside Chicago. I know it happens. But it happens all over the country, not just Chicago. And its always democrats doing it.

link

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

originally posted by: darkbake

Sure, and we try to interfere with many countries' elections.

While we should seek to stop legitimately Russian activities, this cannot be used as a smokescreen for calling inconvenient info or leaks as "fake news" or "Russian bots." That propaganda move is already being used by establishment figures here in the US.

"Fake news" is news that is not based on facts but fabricated. Russia was perpetuating a lot of this on purpose. Legitimate, fact-based news that is inconvenient is not fake. Just because the U.S. and Russia interfere in other elections doesn't make it okay to look over the fact that Russia is trying to interfere with our elections.

There is a difference between Russia's motives and those of the U.S.

But in recent decades, both Mr. Hall and Mr. Johnson argued, Russian and American interferences in elections have not been morally equivalent. American interventions have generally been aimed at helping non-authoritarian candidates challenge dictators or otherwise promoting democracy. Russia has more often intervened to disrupt democracy or promote authoritarian rule, they said.

Russia Isn't the Only One Meddling in Elections - We Do It, Too

edit on 22pmTue, 22 May 2018 19:26:45 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join