It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking- Russia messed with the election - US Senate committee

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

originally posted by: amazing

The problem with this is that it let's the Democrats place blame and focus on a minor issue, instead of focusing on why they really lost the last election. And that was a bad candidates and alienating their base. Trump was a better candidate than any of the other republicans and excited the far right base. Case closed.
As a liberal, I agree about this being a deflection from the real reasons.

I tend to lean liberal in a lot of issues, but also conservative in others. I realize there has to be balance. I realize that politically, we have liberal and conservative season and cycles. But I couldn't bring myself to vote for Hillary, or Trump. I focused on real liberals like Jill Stein and real conservatives like the libertarian and constitution party candidates.

It appears as though it's going to be more of the same from the democratic party. Meaning Trump or Pence is a shoe in.
Yes, I used to be a leftist as in real one not dem, but I'm more moderate now. I can understand the critiques of social justice/ identity politics, as well as the concerns about too much or illegal immigration.

I too couldn't stand either candidate. However, because my policy views are more liberal and anti establishment, I voted Jill Stein as she was the most Sanders like. Green Party is also anti war or empire, something the Dems are not.

I actually voted Libertarian.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

And the brits and aussies and mexicans attempted to get hrc elected....more foreign powers attempting to influence our elections
but somehow those stories are "less" important

What so the brits, Aussies and Mexicans went out hacking into the DNC, using bots and creating fake news with the purpose of getting Hilary elected at a state level....mmmm

proof?

Our own President publicly announced to illegal aliens that they were welcome to vote in our Presidential election. How come the US Senate isn't looking into that?

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

That doesn't make any sense. Are you saying the Department of Homeland Security wasn't involved? Because they were.

A U.S. cybersecurity official said Wednesday that Russia "successfully penetrated" the voter rolls in a small number of states in 2016. Jeanette Manfra, the head of cybersecurity at the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), told NBC News that Russia targeted 21 states and “an exceptionally small number of them were actually successfully penetrated.” DHS previously notified the 21 states that Russia had attempted to hack their elections systems before the 2016 election. It was Manfra who first revealed to the Senate Intelligence Committee last June that the states had their systems targeted by Russian hackers ahead of the election.

That is factually an intelligence organization that factually had something to contribute to the report. And they did it through the DNI. Yes, the DNI directs the other 13 agencies, your point? They still contributed.

As for what Trump said about there only being three intelligence agencies, PolitiFact quoted him so... it's Trump's own fault people think that is his opinion, and factually something he said.

But it seems as if you have broken with Trump and admitted that there are, in fact, 17 intelligence agencies in the U.S. so that is progress.
edit on 16pmWed, 16 May 2018 22:11:25 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheGOAT
Nothing Russia did, said, or promoted made me vote for Trump. Zero!

None of us know what lies promoted by russia that we might have fallen for.

We don't know which lies were promoted by russia.

If russia did promote a lie that we believed and it was part of our reason for voting, we wouldnn't be able to tell because of those two facts.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Funny how this has only ever been an issue since trump got elected. Do people really think it would have ever existed had clintion won the 2017 presidential election?

How naive can people be??

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 04:40 AM
link   

edit on 17/5/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 05:22 AM
link   

So you did not believe the lies you read about Hillary Clinton, yet voted for Trump anyway?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

Funny how this has only ever been an issue since trump got elected. Do people really think it would have ever existed had clintion won the 2017 presidential election?

If the election were determined by the popular vote instead of the Electoral College, the House would have impeached Clinton by now.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

The problem with this is that it let's the Democrats place blame and focus on a minor issue, instead of focusing on why they really lost the last election. And that was a bad candidates and alienating their base. Trump was a better candidate than any of the other republicans and excited the far right base. Case closed.

I tend to lean liberal in a lot of issues, but also conservative in others. I realize there has to be balance. I realize that politically, we have liberal and conservative season and cycles. But I couldn't bring myself to vote for Hillary, or Trump. I focused on real liberals like Jill Stein and real conservatives like the libertarian and constitution party candidates.

It appears as though it's going to be more of the same from the democratic party. Meaning Trump or Pence is a shoe in.
Yes, I used to be a leftist as in real one not dem, but I'm more moderate now. I can understand the critiques of social justice/ identity politics, as well as the concerns about too much or illegal immigration.

I too couldn't stand either candidate. However, because my policy views are more liberal and anti establishment, I voted Jill Stein as she was the most Sanders like. Green Party is also anti war or empire, something the Dems are not.

I actually voted Libertarian.
nice. While I disagree with some libertarian positions, I respect their consistency and general attitude.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I know this is pages ago now and you may not even be following this thread anymore, but I haven't had the chance to ask this to a Stein voter yet.

How do you feel about her collecting all those millions for the "recount" and then when Pennsylvania said okay we'll do the recount, pay up, she said no and just kept the money? Did you contribute to that fund at all, if you don't mind me asking?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

So you did not believe the lies you read about Hillary Clinton, yet voted for Trump anyway?

Was it a russian lie that hillary showed pathological liar traits when she said she was under sniper fire?

Was it the russians who pushed bill to become unethical and meet in secret with the head of the DOJ on the tarmac while hillary was under criminal investigation?

Was it the russians that forced the MSM to cheat with the dnc and hillary to give her the debate questions upfront and give the shaft to the more popular Democrat candidate bernie?

Was it the russians that forced the DNC to make the horrendously stupid decision to push forward with a candidate that is highly hated, untrusted and under CRIMINAL imvestigation?

Was it the russians that forced hillary to say yeah she takes millions from special interest but does nothing for them?

Was it the russians that forced the DNC to pick the ONLY candidate that could outmatch trump when it came to scandals and questionable behavior?

Was it the Russians that Forced Comey to say Hillary was pretty much incompetent when it came to security measures?

Was it the Russians that gave Hillary the almost devine ability to always benefit from coincidences around questionable activities?

The reason trump won was because of the stupid decisions of the DNC to pick hillary as their candidate and devine intervention from the IC and i dont even like nor voted for trump.

This election had nothing todo with the russians.

Now come next election the russians will certainly be a factor as to why trump WINS AGAIN. Apparently the left is so worthless that they cant help themselves with beating the Russian dead horse and providing nothing but bs after bs and excuses as to why trump won versus actually providing actual solutions to anything or a worthy candidate.

Heck i hate the GOP and think they are as equally as corrupt as the dnc but the dnc and its rabid worshipers willingness to overlook their parties issues have gone nuclear retard.

OWN IT, the 2016 election is your doing
edit on 22531America/ChicagoThu, 17 May 2018 10:22:51 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Was it a russian lie that hillary showed pathological liar traits when she said she was under sniper fire?

Was it the russians who pushed bill to become unethical and meet in secret with the head of the DOJ on the tarmac while hillary was under criminal investigation?

Was it the russians that forced the MSM to cheat with the dnc and hillary to give her the debate questions upfront and give the shaft to the more popular Democrat candidate bernie?

Was it the russians that forced the DNC to make the horrendously stupid decision to push forward with a candidate that is highly hated, untrusted and under CRIMINAL imvestigation?

Was it the russians that forced hillary to say yeah she takes millions from special interest but does nothing for them?

Was it the russians that forced the DNC to pick the ONLY candidate that could outmatch trump when it came to scandals and questionable behavior?

The reason trump won was because of the stupid decisions of the DNC to pick hillary as their candidate and devine intervention from the IC and i dont even like nor voted for trump.

This election had nothing todo with the russians, now come next election the russians will certainly be a factor as to why trump wins again. Apperently the left is so worthless that they cant help themselves with beating the russian dead horse and providing nothing but bs after bs and excuses as to why trump won versus actually providing actual solutions to anything or a worthy candidate.

Heck i hate the GOP and think they are as equally as corrupt as the dnc but the dnc and its rabid worshippers willlingness to overlook their parties issues have gone nuclear retard.

That is a whole lot of truth. We need a 5x Star button we can use once a day for posts like this.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

If that is true, then why would the Russians put together the Trump dossier? You do know it was created by Russian government sources right?

The interference part is true though, and has been going on for a long time. Democrats never had a problem with it until they needed a scapegoat.
edit on 17-5-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Honestly I need to look into that more.

I didn't contribute to that personally.
a reply to: face23785

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:45 AM
link   

If the election were determined by the popular vote instead of the Electoral College, the House would have impeached Clinton by now.

yes; you are correct and that is why there should never be a middle man between the electors and the president. The middle men are there to ensure that 'the correct outcome' is obtained.

Similarly; in religion there is aways a middle man betweeen the belevier and the god. Funny how CONTROL is aways a feature of these organations

edit on 18-5-2018 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Most states have laws requiring the electors to vote for the person who carried the state. The dangers of a popular vote are lost on most.

As an example Clinton "won" the popular vote but only carried 400-500 counties. Trump won the electoral college carrying more than 2000 counties.

A popular vote win for Clinton means the coastal elites overruled the remainder of the nation. It means California and New York would set the direction of this country every election cycle. It means the remainder of the states would be ignored by candidates.

The electoral college systems removes the ability of populous states to steamroll over every other state. It forces the candidates to get votes in all states to reach 270 electoral votes. The electoral college is also more difficult to rig than a national popular vote. Every election cycle you have states that are essentially swing states in the electoral college and those swing states are not known until the candidates are established and the general is underway.

The electoral college system is also controlled by the individual states where as a national popular vote is not. A National popular vote is exactly what the founding fathers feared -

Tyranny by the majority.

Washington is designed to have gridlock in politics. It ensures the minority opinion is heard and considered.

The stunt being pulled by the left in California is also being ignored. The left knows California will never get to leave the Union (Texas vs. White ensured that after the civil war). The next best, and politically advantageous, step is to split the state into smaller states. The current proposition stil ensures Democratic control of those 3 "new states". However those 3 new states will still equal the same number of seats in the House. The real gain is in the Senate, where instead of 2 seats for California it now becomes 6 - 2 for each new state created.

6 new senators would shift the balance in the Senate.

Voter ID laws are opposed by the Democrats because they want to use the illegal vote to overcome their lack of support by US citizens. They claim it disenfranchises voters but in reality it stops the illegals from voting.

No one is paying attention to Chicago. They passed a law that requires city issued ID's to vote in their elections. Chicago is a Democratic bastion. Controlled by Dems and will most likely be for some time to come until the corruption starts taking people out.

'So why would Democrats support and push a voter id card for Chicago and yet be against it everywhere else? The city issued card allows ALL people with that card to vote in elections. This includes illegals.

The other plan Democrats have been working on is a bill called the National Popular vote. This bill is uniform but it is not federal. Each state adopts the bill and passes it. It requires the states who passed that bill to award their electoral votes to the person who wins a national popular vote. This bill disenfranchises legal voters and undermines the will of the people in those states. If a state carries Trump and Clinton wins the National popular vote the states that carries Trump who passed this bill would see those electoral votes shifted to Clinton.

People, especially Democrats,m like to use the Bush-Gore elections and Florida as an example. Here is what they are failing to tell you and what they are blatantly lying to you about.

Florida had nothing to do with Bush winning the election. West Virginia, a state Democrats thought were safe, was picked off by Bush. Had Gore carried W. Virginia, Bush winning Florida would have made no difference. Those 4 electoral votes from W. Virginia would have put Gore over the 270 mark.

Even with Bush winning Florida, it all came down to W. Virginia. The 4 electoral votes would have made or broke either campaign. It went to Bush and we got decades of the left bitching about winning a non existent national popular vote.

Russia had no desire to see Trump in office than seeing Clinton in office. The sole intent of Russia was to cause a break in faith of the American people with how ou7r elections are held. Russia merely played both sides, Republicans and Democrats, and the fears each side has, off the other.

Regardless of who won, the election cycle would still have been cast under a cloud of suspicion and the winner would face a populace where half would think the President is in office illegally. By creating dissent and suspicion inside the US it kept the focus off of Russia and what they were doing. The most dangerous time during any Presidential election inside the US is when one party in office (Obama) and a new party (Trump) is set to take control.

In general, policy goals, including foreign policy, are fundamentally different. You have one party in power trying to finish their goals before the new guy takes over. You have a transition team waiting to take control who have no desire to see those goals completed because chances are it runs counter to what they want.

You, as a matter of course, have a transition team conducting foreign policy prior to taking over the Presidency. It happens and it is all legal.

Sowing seeds of mistrust, questioning our electoral system, accusing each side of violating laws. Russia did not create any of that. We the people and by extension our parties, did that. All Russia did was stir the pot.

We and our elected officials did the rest.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

In short, it doesn't matter what the majority thinks. Remember, not everyone living in cities is a member of an "elite." People live in cities because that's where the livelihoods are. Cities make the largest contribution to the economy. If it withdrew from the union, California would be the fifth largest economy in the world. Shouldn't that give them some clout?

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

So you voted for the corrupt, lying bully instead? The incompetent, three time bankrupt, twice divorced, sociopath who pays for sex? You should have voted for a third party candidate to rattle the system. Like I did. If more people voted third party, the decadent old ones would be forced to change.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 06:19 AM
link   

I still dont know why americans are shocked by this or if it even matters
considering the US has personally interfered in the democratic process of over 50 countries since 1950

like it actually makes any difference Oh Russia tried to change things in america , big deal
every country has their finger in someone elses pies!

America is no exception this is just another distraction to make people angry at the "auld enemy"
instead of the real problem facing americans and that is american politics itself !

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

The United States should not be interfering with other nations' internal affairs. Period. And that certainly does not justify Russia interfering here.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join