It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump expected to cut Planned Parenthood funding

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar
a reply to: nwtrucker

It's a violation of federal law for federal dollars to fund abortions. The money PP gets from the federal government only covers STI screenings, preventative healthcare contraception and things of that nature. Why should some of the most vulnerable people be punished by having their healthcare options even further limited? I'm a fit of irony, the states who get the most PP funding seem to be states that overwhelmingly voted for trump so in effect, those people have voted away their access to free or extremely inexpensive health care because the charges, at least where I live, are based on income. Screwing over the most vulnerable and at risk segments of our populace actually accomplishes what the OP claimed Margaret Sanger was trying to do, despite it not having any truth to it (it as in the OP's premise regarding Sanger's secret motivations for offering women access to birth control which led to her arrest on multiple occasions).

No Federal funding. Not a federal issue. Period. No matter the local 'Party'. On top of that PP gives big bucks to Political campaigns. Enough already.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthernLites

People who support PP are racists who want Black babies to die. President Trump wants to defund PP because he cares about Black people

What a idiotic statement to make. Literally, the stupidest thing I’ve read all week and I was just reading some tweets from POTUS.

Do think abortion was first invented by Sanger? Do you think Planned Parenthood is the only place in the USA a woman can get an abortion?

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthernLites

Planned Parenthood is engaged in a campaign to reduce the Black population, by encouraging Black/African American MOMS to abort their children, rather than carrying them to term. I started a thread about this last week.

Link to that thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's good to see that President Trump is attempting to follow through on another campaign promise. What a President we have!

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The solution is simple here, PP has the support of nearly half the US and does not need any taxpayer funding. Like all 501(C)(3) org's, they need to fund themselves by donations IMO. The richest people on Earth claim to support it, so why do they need taxpayer assistance? They don't unless the rich and the celebrities who say they support PP are lying? Are they? If not, what's the problem here?

The problem is it's a wedge issue used by both corrupt Parties to divide and control. PP never needed any help.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I kind of think that the vatican is a heck of alot richer than planned parenthood....
so why do their hospitals need tax dollars? they should just give the taxpayers a break and provide those poor medicaid/medicare patients free healthcare and not expect reimbursement from those gov't programs for the provided care!!!

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I really hope this happens.
I do not want my tax dollars paying for the murder of innocent babies.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Your tax are not paying for abortions. Instead they pay for medical check ups, medicine, health education, etc. Literally everything EXCEPT for abortions.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Spin things how you want to. The money all goes into one business that is used to murder babies, regardless of how they creatively do their bookkeeping.
Money that supports a business that murders babies is still murdering babies.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

so we shouldn't reimburse christian groups that provide family planning services, health services, counseling services, services to help refugees, ect.... because part of their business plan is to advance a religious viewpoint?

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

What does any of that have to do with murdering babies?

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Oh, so you’ll take the side of ignorance then? We’ve had this same convo before, in the past, and you haven’t changed a bit.

One positive thing to come out of the govt no longer funding PP, conservatives will finally stop crying wolf! But who are we kidding here, you guys will never stop crying wolf about PP, govt funded or not.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

the proper term is abortion, a lawful medical procedure and therefore not murder.
the gov't is not allowed to provide federal funds for most abortions.
planned parenthood has been investigated out the wazoo through the years for many different reasons, how many times has it been discovered to have sought reimbursement for abortive services?

the gov't is also not allowed to provide federal funds to the promotion of any religious views.
and yet, catholic charities receive millions in gov't grants to assist them in the various services they provide. and no, I am not saying that they are promoting their religious views while providing those services, at least the little catholic charities in my hometown didn't. but, well, I would be willing to bet that they aren't scrutinized nearly as much as planned parenthood is and so you will just have to take their word for it, and mine, that they aren't misusing those tax dollars...

in my opinion though, the catholic hospitals are though when they allow their religious beliefs to justify removing treatment options from their patients which they do...
it's a blatant infraction of the laws and shouldn't be allowed. should they also be barred from getting reimbursements from title x, medicaid, medicare, and whatever other funds they are receiving from the gov't?

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Planned Parenthood is engaged in a campaign to reduce the Black population

This is pure stupidity, though I have to say, how could reducing the black population be a bad thing?

Why do Republicans who constantly complain about black people being on welfare, and food stamps, and public housing , and being criminals pretend to care about them on this one issue?

It's because they need lots of poor, uneducated people to vote for them.

edit on 16-5-2018 by CB328 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

The government provides less than half of PP's funding and none of that money goes to abortions. So it would seem you already have your wish.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

most of that money is through medicaid and title x. one of the reasons why there are so few doctors willing to take medicaid patients is because there is no profit involved in doing so. many times the reimbursements don't even cover the cost incurred by the provider to provide the care. and yet, we are to believe that planned parenthood, some how is making such a killing from these reimbursements that they are using the surplus funds to provide free abortions to people..

if the the gov't did decide to eliminate their participation from these programs, these people think that planned parenthood would just use the money that is donated to them and keep on providing free care to those that medicaid and title x was providing the funding for...
they may not. yes, their fee schedule is based on a sliding scale according to income but all they would have to do is charge an initial base fee of 10 or 20 dollars up front and we'd probably see all those that fell in those groups looking elsewhere, like the county health departments, where they would think that they could get it for free..
and I don't know about your county health department, but mine wouldn't even come close to being able to fill the need. heck if you want an std test, it's offered only two days a week, on a first come first serve basis which means you might end up waiting all day for someone to get around to you only to be sent away.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

OK, there's seems a lot I don't know about planned parenthood. But if the report is true that PP actually gives money to political campaigns then it washes your points down the drain. If that is the case then the damage is self-inflicted.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   

not quite sure just what them giving political donations have to do with anything...

NRA Public Range Grant Funding

Established in 2009, this matching grant program encourages city and county governments, and state or federal agencies, to work with NRA on efforts to build and improve public ranges across the United States. At the NRA's sole discretion, grants are awarded to assist with the acquisition, development, and improvement of public shooting facilities. Grants can also be awarded to assist qualifying agencies or local governments with projects designed to improve community relations and to address environmental issues related to range operations.

rangeservices.nra.org...

wasn't I just reading a few weeks ago that not only did the NRA give some pretty sizable donations to the trump and republican campaigns but that it's possible that some of that money was funneled through them to trump, from a russian oligarch?

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

Why is it when you kill a pregnant woman they charge you with 2 homicides - the mother and baby? If you just kill the baby it is perfectly legal. The baby is not a person. If the baby isn't a person with legal rights how is it possible to be charged in the first case?

There is a very simple answer for this that doesn't require any irrational leap of logic. It comes down to the intent. Does the mother intend to abort? No? Then it's murder because it was a healthy pregnancy that would have seen birth. It's an unwanted abortion; that's not the same thing as when someone makes a choice.

Come on now, you already knew the answer whether you agree with abortion or don't. By the by, the only people against belong to cults of religion.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   

People who support PP are racists who want Black babies to die

Abortion and lack of gun control was the 60's and 70s process exactly initiated by certain members of the Democratic leadership.
"Give em enough guns and they will eliminate themselves"

The best way to cover something up is to place blame on your opponent.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

The government provides less than half of PP's funding and none of that money goes to abortions. So it would seem you already have your wish.

That's semantics at best, sir. What the gov't 'provides' goes into the same financial pool as PP's 'non-federal monies.

Monies spent for abortion drain services from other areas, which the Federal funds...tax money, ends up subsidizing.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join