It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump expected to cut Planned Parenthood funding

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Trump is ending the baby body part selling industry.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: mkultra11

I don't think so. Do you have a link for that?

I did my undergrad work at an HIV research lab, and often I was the person that procured and picked up donated fetal tissue/remains from Planned Parenthood and other clinics. I don't believe the law has changed since Trump has been in office.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

so if the ob/gyn that delivers 100s of babies a year ends up not being able to serve the medicaid/title x community because they counsel those who ask about abortion, or even performs a few from time to time you're okay with 100s of pregnant women not receiving the prenatal care, not to mention delivery of the baby..

okay, but got to tell ya, if I was a poor pregnant women wondering if I was ever gonna be able to get decent medical care through a pregnancy... umm... guess what... the abortion would be alot safer that the shoddy healthcare one receives when they are outside of the healthcare loop.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Not OK with that, either.

This is no different than a private gynecologist that takes your wives insurance, but also takes Medicare and Medicaid, and provides confidential in office abortion pills and referral to any or all of his patients that ask for abortion assistance andor information.

So, what you're saying is, under this new proposed policy...

You're hypothetical wife's private gynecologist, who takes private insurance and Medicare/Medicaid, and discusses, refers and offers in office abortion pills, will no longer be able to see any of his Medicare/Medicaid patients, but will still be offering these services to women who have other means of paying. You're okay with that, and would still be okay with your wife seeing that doctor.

Of course, the doctor will benefit, because Medicare and Medicaid pay a lot less than private insurance, and most likely takes a percentage of those patients for charitable reasons. Now, that doctor can see more women with private insurance or who pay with cash, and still offer counseling, referrals and abortion pills in office. The only losers are the poor women on Medicare and Medicaid, seeking quality health care.

You're okay with that?

edit on 23-5-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I don't think so. Do you have a link for that?

I did my undergrad work at an HIV research lab, and often I was the person that procured and picked up donated fetal tissue/remains from Planned Parenthood and other clinics. I don't believe the law has changed since Trump has been in office.

Operative word being donated. Which part are you doubting?

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

"Donated" has ALWAYS been the operative word. Planned Parenthood never "sold" fetal body parts for profit, which is against the law which I believe we're addressing. They are reimbursed for the costs of procuring and keeping donated fetal tissue.

Which part are you doubting?

This part:

There is no baby part selling industry, just like there is no adult body part selling industry. No kidney, heart or lung selling industry.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

actually, they stopped taking reimbursements in 2015..

www.wsj.com...

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I know they did, due to the public "ick factor", not because they did anything illegal. Planned Parenthood policy has changed on the procurment of fetal tissue for medical research, however the law itself hasn't changed.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

"Donated" has ALWAYS been the operative word. Planned Parenthood never "sold" fetal body parts for profit, which is against the law which I believe we're addressing. They are reimbursed for the costs of procuring and keeping donated fetal tissue.

Which part are you doubting?

This part:

There is no baby part selling industry, just like there is no adult body part selling industry. No kidney, heart or lung selling industry.

If you are genuinely interested, here's an article to start with:

The Billion-Dollar Body Parts Industry: Medical Research alongside Greed and Corruption

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Oh please! When has ANY industry been free of greed and corruption?

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Oh please! When has ANY industry been free of greed and corruption?

So im correct and you are wrong. Nice chatting with you.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

I'm not wrong that Trump has not changed the law regarding fetal tissue. I'm not wrong that you can find corruption in any industry. Jesus, even the Salvation Army had an embezzlement scandal! Should we ban thrift shops and the sale of donated stuff?

There have been tremendous break throughs and medical CURES due to fetal stem cell research. Don't throw the "baby out with the bath water", because you don't understand or find the subject "icky".

One man's, or woman's, trash, or medical waste, is another's treasure.

edit on 24-5-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join