It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump expected to cut Planned Parenthood funding

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent

Trump expected to cut Planned Parenthood funding

I say good!! Why the hell do I need my tax dollars going to pay for someone that can't make good life choices and think abortion is a form of birth control. Birth control is abstinence not rolling around in the hay thinking my gooberment will pick up the bill.

Your tax dollars do NOT pay for abortion on demand. They do, rarely, pay for low income women who are victims of rape or incest, which is the same as rape, or those very rare cases when a woman, receiving Medicare or Medicaid , late into her pregnancy has a life threatening event requiring a emergency late term abortion. Do you resent that?
edit on 19-5-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

Im an advocate for pro choice, planned parenthood offer women choices they may had not otherwise had.....

Your hyperbole is lame, give it up already...

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Great, you're embracing Eugenics and that's tantamount to embracing Hitlerian tactics. Eat that hyperbole!

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher

Great, you're embracing Eugenics and that's tantamount to embracing Hitlerian tactics. Eat that hyperbole!

You're confused ...a woman choosing if she wants to go through with a pregnancy or not is not eugenics and had nothing to do with anything Hitler.... Give it up already..

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 03:17 AM
link   

You're justifying killing by using some sort of mental gymnastics to justify doing something wrong as a greater good. Trust me you're fooling yourself.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 03:39 AM
link   

You're entitled to your opinion, however I don't agree. Like I said before I'm not up for dictating to women what they can or cannot do with their bodies, it's their choice and Im an advocate for them to have that choice. In my opinion taking away that choice is a really authoritarian thing to do....

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Im an advocate for pro choice, planned parenthood offer women choices they may had not otherwise had.....

The use of "pro choice" as an argument is lame. It means nothing. Human beings are not free to choose what they want to do without consequences including punishment. Never have been, never will be. Even when it comes to our own bodies.

Abortion is legalised murder, plain and simple. I still believe that decent people will win through in the end and it will be made illegal. I already see signs that the disgusting #itsallaboutme era is ending.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The use of "pro choice" as an argument is lame. It means nothing. Human beings are not free to choose what they want to do without consequences including punishment. Never have been, never will be. Even when it comes to our own bodies.

Abortion is legalised murder, plain and simple. I still believe that decent people will win through in the end and it will be made illegal. I already see signs that the disgusting #itsallaboutme era is ending.

Unless we're talking about the second amendment right, because that's a right apparently that supersedes everything.

So you think a woman that is raped should be forced to have that baby and raise it.... How very inhumane and authoritarian of you...

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   

no fetus that attaches itself into a fullopian tube can be saved, it is doomed. it's called an ectopic pregnancy. if it's caught early enough, a simple series of pills will cause the new growth to be washed out of the tube with little damage to the women. this is what the AMA recommends to be done if it's in the early stages.
if, on the other hand, it is not treated for whatever reason, the growth will continue to grow, the tube will rupture and the women will be in a life threatening crisis.
this kind of puts the catholic hospitals in a rather perplexing situation. they can't kill the growth in the tube, even though it is not viable, will never be viable, not because they don't have the medical capability to, but rather, because they have a religious belief. so they wait, and they watch, for the moment that the growth is large enough for them to say that is has compromised the tube, the tube is diseased and needs to be cut out, and well they start hacking away at the women's body, reducing her chances of being able to have another child. lying to themselves that now, the child is a necessary loss, because the women's damaged tube is endangering her life..
there is pain for the women involved in this the whole time...
there's a chance that they might miss the actual crisis point and well, the tube will rupture...
it costs far more to surgically remove the affected tube than it would to just abort the fetus earlier...
and, regardless of just how they approach the problem there is no way to avoid the end result of the dead fetus.
and, there is no way around the fact that they are forcing their religious views onto others, the doctors who find themselves working for them, the patients who find themselves in their hospitals.
the idea that tax money can't be used to promote a religious view should bar them from the medicaid/medicare title x money and yet they still receive it.
the fact that they deviate so far from what the AMA recommends, should bar them from that money also.
and the fact that the end result is wasted tax dollars should also...
unlike planned parenthood, who's abortions AREN'T FUNDED BY TAXMONEY.... and regardless of any of our moral feelings about them, they provide alot of preventive care that does save the taxpayer quite a bit of money in the long run.

the taxpayers are paying for what could amount to needless torture of some women, which usually ends up with more costly surgeries like in the example I just gave, and longer hospitalizations like in the previous example I gave.

I think it's a reasonable compromise... planned parenthood gives up their title x and medicaid funding if they wish to continue to provide abortions.... these hospitals start treating their patients the same way any other non-religious affiliated hospitals would... ya know, informing a patient that there is no hope for the fetus that they are miscarrying, recommending abortion when hope is lost and the patient's condition is only gonna deteriorate further if left to continue on course, being will to prescribe birth control or cut a women's tubes when their is a valid medical reason why she should not be getting pregnant, ect... or well, they can lose that same funding, at least when it comes to women's reproductive and maternity care.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

The use of "pro choice" as an argument is lame. It means nothing. Human beings are not free to choose what they want to do without consequences including punishment.

Aren't' women in the UK free to choose whether or not to terminate an unwanted pregnancy?

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

They are still free to do whatever they want on their own dime, without taxpayers paying for it.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I'll just leave this reminder here:

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

You saw my posts before stating I support abortion in cases of medical jeopardy to the mother. Heck, I even support the morning after pill, but past that no. What I really support is the use of birth control and self-restraint. But, take this up with your local representative on Capitol Hill instead of wasting time posting here.
edit on 20-5-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I don't see it as wasting time...
ya sure, it's a small minority of women that happen to run into problems while carrying to term their pregnancy. but while yous argue for the rights of the fetus or for your rights to abort because of those minor inconveniences....
well, concern for that small little group seems to get lost in the wind. abortion laws are written, and well, only later, probably after someone points out that they won't stand a chance of passing with out is, will some exceptions be placed in to accommodate that small little group.. like it's an afterthought or something.
and, there's been a lot of court cases filed against catholic hospital systems by the women who had to endure the treatment they give to women who for one reason or another really needed care that the hospital just refused to provide... because of religious reasons. they are still allowed to set their beliefs above the welfare of their patients. and state legislators on the right side of the aisle are still trying to enact laws to give them even more protections to do this.
and so many people seem to think that it's just grand to force the care providers to follow about the same rules as those hospitals follow unless they want to provide free healthcare, or deny healthcare to the poorest among us...
heck, will they even be able to advise a women that abortion would be the safest, maybe only option if they see medical evidence that the pregnancy is gonna end very badly for the women? or are they now gagged from giving the best medical advice they can?

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Some of those clumps of cells turn into women. Don't be so quick to support removing them and their future voices.
edit on 20-5-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

if that clump of cells is embedded in the fullopian tubes or is within a women that is going into premature labor at 15 weeks and it's unavoidable, it's never gonna to grow into a year old child, regardless of weather it's female or male.
so just what is the justification for prolonging the agony to the women?

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

They are still free to do whatever they want on their own dime, without taxpayers paying for it.

As always. Tax payers have NOT been paying for abortions on demand. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

There is a way to prevent those risks. Abstinence. A realistic and sensible approach, which mitigates those risks you mentioned.

There are also effective birth control measures and a myriad of sterilization procedures available for those not wanting to get pregnant.

Regardless, sex -> pregnancy -> abortion/carrying to term. As I see it, two links in the "kill chain" prior to abortion being a consideration for these folks. It seems some simply use abortion as plan A instead of plan C/D/Z.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

In very rare medical circumstances it's necessary to save the woman, but not often as you seem to suggest.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: Phage

There is a way to prevent those risks. Abstinence. A realistic and sensible approach, which mitigates those risks you mentioned.

There are also effective birth control measures and a myriad of sterilization procedures available for those not wanting to get pregnant.

Regardless, sex -> pregnancy -> abortion/carrying to term. As I see it, two links in the "kill chain" prior to abortion being a consideration for these folks. It seems some simply use abortion as plan A instead of plan C/D/Z.

Great points!

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join