It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump expected to cut Planned Parenthood funding

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

Are you arguing with the statistics?

Or, are you claiming that lifenews is not biased?
edit on 5/19/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I'm saying you are cherry picking your facts to support a biased argument.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

No. I provided statistics which should be considered. Statistics ignored by your source.

Statistics like the declining rate of abortion overall.

Is your source unbiased?

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I say good!! Why the hell do I need my tax dollars going to pay for someone that can't make good life choices and think abortion is a form of birth control. Birth control is abstinence not rolling around in the hay thinking my gooberment will pick up the bill.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: hillbilly4rent

Yeah. And the rhythm method. That works real good.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
i think this is a good thing because the government should have nothing to do with this, if people want such services it should be up to the states and private clinics or hospitals in those states, the federal government should stay out of our personal lives, whether it be drugs, alcohol, marriage, religion, gambling, sex, medical services or whatever.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

the federal government should stay out of our personal lives, whether it be drugs, alcohol, marriage, religion, gambling, sex, medical services or whatever.

I'm not sure how offering medical services is an intrusion on our lives.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

because not everyone supports it, just like everyone isn't christian, is it really acceptable to force people to pay for things they morally oppose? i only say this because not every region in america supports the same things or lives the same way, that's why i think it should be up to the states instead.

such things shouldn't be up to the federal government, unless a healthcare constitutional amendment is passed which guarantees such services.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

because not everyone supports it, just like everyone isn't christian
Yes. Doesn't that apply within a state as well?

Sorry, you can't pick and choose where your tax money goes. State or federal.

But feel free to make a tax deductible contribution to your favorite home for unwed mothers. Oh, I forgot. That won't really work with the new tax law. Unless you itemize.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

of course. but the closer people live together, the more likely they are to share similar thinking patterns and support the same things.

it's not about how it works, i don't really care about that, people shouldn't have to pay for things they don't use or morally support.

how do the new tax rules hurt peoples ability to donate?

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

the more likely they are to share similar thinking patterns and support the same things.
You should attend one of my neighborhood board meetings sometime.

it's not about how it works, i don't really care about that, people shouldn't have to pay for things they don't use or morally support.
It is about how it works, actually. It's about the general benefit, not individuals. Public services are meant to benefit everyone, in the long run. Even if you don't personally make use of them yourself. Or you could always choose to live in a cave in the mountains.

how do the new tax rules hurt peoples ability to donate?
It doesn't hurt the ability to donate. It removes the tax incentive to do so (for those who will now take the standard deduction).

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

sorry, some of us really can't afford the top of the line caregivers...
heck some of us can't even afford the lower line.

and, you did notice just what I was comparing planned parenthood to what, namely those crisis pregnancy centers that the right is hoping they can funnel those funds they take from planned parenthood to...
at least planned parenthood has medically trained staff..
some of those crisis pregnancy centers may not have much more than maybe an RN on staff, maybe not even that!!

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

so just who morally opposes healing the sick??
feeding the hungry?
helping the poor??

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Me...if that includes abortion...killing babies.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

and I find it reprehensible to not give the proper and acceptable medical treatment to reduce pain and suffering and protect body and life under the guise of "protecting the fetus" that is doomed....
you want to cut the funding to clinics like planned parenthood because they offer abortion services, I don't like the idea that funds are given to hospitals that carry their beliefs to the extent that they are torturing patients... how's this for a compromise??
planned parenthood can live without that funding, and the catholic hospitals can live without those same funds when it comes to the maternity care they provide??

edit on 19-5-2018 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Not going to argue with you, you should know killing is wrong.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I'll keep that in mind the next time a doctor tries to prescribe me some anitbiotics.
next time you have a tooth pulled think about how many human cells you are murdering by the act.

edit on 19-5-2018 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Wow, you can not be reasoned with if you think a developing life is just a bunch of cells. Good luck with that defense if you ever shoot and kill a bunch of cells!

You: "But, your honor, he was just a bunch of useless cells..so I aborted/shot him! He was only some cells!"
Judge: "Guilty of Murder in the first degree!!!"

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent

I say good!! Why the hell do I need my tax dollars going to pay for someone that can't make good life choices and think abortion is a form of birth control. Birth control is abstinence not rolling around in the hay thinking my gooberment will pick up the bill.

Are you any good at maths?

What is the cost of an abortion? After you figure that out work out what is the cost of a child raised on welfare, how many tax dollars are spent over those 18 years, just those numbers should have you reevaluate your stance.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent

Are you any good at maths?

What is the cost of an abortion? After you figure that out work out what is the cost of a child raised on welfare, how many tax dollars are spent over those 18 years, just those numbers should have you reevaluate your stance.

With that attitude, why don't we nuke the whole planet!? According to you, it would be cheaper than raising all those people!!!
edit on 19-5-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join