It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

nothing is for free but

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
we all know that saying that nothing is for free. it is true for all material thing's.
but there is something we all get for free and it is a phenomenon of the material world although you can either grab nor store it.
I'm talking about time. it is the most valuable resource we have. it is the ultimate currency every thing you get from this material world you trade it for your time. most of the people trade it for money, because money seems to be the one thing that gets you to buy whatever you want, a really bad deal i think. there are so many things that we can do ourselves if only we would have time. instead we trade our time to get money in order to buy something.
in this chain a lot of value get lost. per example taxes and the fact that someone else decides how much your time is worth. then all the experience we would gather from investing our time in getting/making what ywe want, we would probably even enjoy the process of getting/making what we want. so in the end it would take more time to get to the final product but the overall satisfaction would be many times worth it. instead we chose to have a job where most of the time we don't really enjoy and the experience we gather is limited. then we lack time to get what we want so we have to pay some else to do it for us. to. me this seems such a waste of time.

in conclusion I say be very careful what you trade your time for. because you won't get it back!

thoughts on this subject would be appreciated.

NC

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I have found 'Time' to have a short shelf life, fleeting...

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I totally agree that time is very valuable and shouldn't be wasted, it feels that the older you get the quicker is goes by. I did read somewhere that the brain is designed that way and that it's biology is different during development. I also believe that you should try to cherish every day as much as you can, it's not always possible but a positive outlook on life makes things so much easier.

As an example, I recently had a few arguments with a colleague and I wasted a lot of time and energy resenting this guy. Now I'm not really religious but I attended church through work and the advice the minister gave was to love your enemy. I totally changed my attitude towards this guy and it felt like a weight had been lifted from my shoulders. It was hard but all of a sudden, life was better, work was better and I felt better all round. The lesson I got from this was not to waste time with negative feelings.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
We are raised in a system that teaches us its version of the truth - death and taxes. What is most amazing is the possibilites when you look past that, and break out of the mold. I don't know many people who have broken free, Pharaoh is very reluctant to let his people go

edit on 16-5-2018 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The time I spend with my dog is never wasted....

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: swimtim

The reason time seems to move faster as you age is simple.

When you are two days old, a day passing seems very long indeed compared to when we are older. This is simply perspective. When you are that young, a day passing is literally half of your life. When you are 40, a day is only a fraction of your life, so it feels comparatively shorter.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
I don't know many people who have broken free, Pharaoh is very reluctant to let his people go

The pharaohs can't keep their people without faer.

Your time is yours no one can take it from you. That's a big problem for every supresor. So they make it look like they are the only ones to give you something in exchange for your time.

And dare you questioning this

edit on 16/5/2018 by NoClue because: (no reason given)

edit on 16/5/2018 by NoClue because: superficialitys

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoClue
we all know that saying that nothing is for free. it is true for all material thing's.
but there is something we all get for free and it is a phenomenon of the material world although you can either grab nor store it.
I'm talking about time. it is the most valuable resource we have. it is the ultimate currency every thing you get from this material world you trade it for your time. most of the people trade it for money, because money seems to be the one thing that gets you to buy whatever you want, a really bad deal i think. there are so many things that we can do ourselves if only we would have time. instead we trade our time to get money in order to buy something.
in this chain a lot of value get lost. per example taxes and the fact that someone else decides how much your time is worth. then all the experience we would gather from investing our time in getting/making what ywe want, we would probably even enjoy the process of getting/making what we want. so in the end it would take more time to get to the final product but the overall satisfaction would be many times worth it. instead we chose to have a job where most of the time we don't really enjoy and the experience we gather is limited. then we lack time to get what we want so we have to pay some else to do it for us. to. me this seems such a waste of time.

in conclusion I say be very careful what you trade your time for. because you won't get it back!

thoughts on this subject would be appreciated.

NC

Paragraphs please... And caps at start of each sentence. You HAVE the time... (and more people would read this thread.)

Thanks.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: nightbringr

this is one aspect.

Also as a kid( because babys have no notion of time till the age of 4 ish) everyting is new there is barley any repetition. But as you age things tend to repeat and we are less amazed of things.

For me to give you an example when i walk a path the first time it can seem long and amazing but every time i walk that same path it feels shorter and anytime I'm like "oh this I've noticed last time. until it kind of gets boring.
edit on 16/5/2018 by NoClue because: boring

edit on 16/5/2018 by NoClue because: superficialitys

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

My time to edit has passed

Im very lazy when it comes to Grammer. I also think it is quite superficial, what matters is the message.

But I will follow your advice from now on.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: NoClue

What time is it?

By the time someone answers the question: it's already wrong.

But just because we don't have a grasp on time, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

There are different understanding of time...

One is the timely coming together of an shown hour on your watch whit an event in the material world. Ex. The sun rises at 9 o'clock

Another is the moving of matter trough space. Ex. It takes a year for the earth to orbit the sun.

There is also the time that has to do with life cycles. Ex. it takes 5 years for an apple seed to grow into an tree that gives apples. Or a salad will go trough all stages in one year to make seeds before it dies.

they are all part of infinity, which is the part we don't grasp...

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

One aspect of time that's freaky: is in-game timekeeping.

Say you're watching a hockey-game. The ref blows a whistle, and time stops.
It just bloody stops!

Then they go to a video review, that reveals a quick in-out goal, that must now count for a good goal.
So they add 20 seconds back onto the game clock !

In an odd, and funny way: is that not a conception of time-travel?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoClue
a reply to: mysterioustranger

My time to edit has passed

Im very lazy when it comes to Grammer. I also think it is quite superficial, what matters is the message.

But I will follow your advice from now on.

Hey! No problem... It's just a consideration to members who can't see, focus or enlarge print.. (It's referred to as "Walls of Text"!)

FYI: As well? Not all members can watch videos, or will "click-thru" some posted links...

Both points good to know! When I joined? I found out the hard way!

Looking forward to your input! Cya round!!!

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Free avatar creations.

Wonder what the catch is?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

the catch is being on a mobile makes this really annoying.

Cant see them anyway reading in mobile mode. I know i can switch to desktop mode.

Another superficiality IMO.

Next time I take the hour walk and the 30min drive to the next desktop and get time for it. I will try to make an avatar.

Don't want to fall in disgrace over something like that

hell you people are very focused on appearances

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

lol
i was just pointing out that they are givin out free...

good op btw

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

lol after some time i figured that you could actually be referring to the topic.

new topics

top topics

join