It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul sounds off on Trump, tariffs and US 'secret government'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Ron, you're not towing the line buddy. Be more like your son!

Well... uh.... you mentioned now, I can't get too excited. I'm glad there's been some economic changes and he's been a cheerleader for the market. I don't think things are as good as they claim... because labor participation rate has not improved and uh half the people don't get counted so there's still a lot of problems. But there has been there has been progress. But, if you look at the size and scope of government. no improvement whatsoever. There's still a lot of spying going on more than ever before.... more money spent on militarism and not on national defense. He could be a good Democrat if he's going to spend but that tends to be the case.... every Republican tend to like to spent it their way. When I was there it was always "do we get to write the checks or do you get to write the checks?" "We have our friends and you have your friends"... because look at the Reagan administration.... he truly didn't turn out to be a fiscal conservative....

..he's going to continue to be a big spender and he's not going to worry about deficits and debt as I do.

Paul wasn't too amused with his son's decision to support the nomination of Mike Pompeo who he considers a hawk and also wasn't amused with this administration bringing in other hawks the likes of Bolton. On the upside Paul did like the tax cuts Trump gave? Guess there's something. It wasn't too long a ago that Paul called out Trump for his increasing of tariffs and said it was just more government meddling of the economy. Ron Paul use to be a common source of reference on here but lately he's taken a backseat. I wonder why that is. He hasn't budged on what he stands for so it's any wonder why his supporters are largely silent.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   
So he's acting like a democrat?

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage

He's saying this Administration like the one before that and before that... all the same, big spenders, debt, warhawks. He's credited Trump for the Tax cuts as with Reagan but government continues to spend under them, deficits continue to rise, the military industrial complex continues to rise, war continues on. So yes, Trump's acting like a Democrat because to Paul they're the same.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I guess that's more fair to say. Trump is acting "business as usual" as there really has not been much difference in the parties as elected in a long time.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Paul wasn't too amused with his son's decision to support the nomination of Mike Pompeo

Last time I noticed , Rand was over 18 and capable of making his own decisions.
And I could care less about either . Although Rand seems to be the more "settled" of the 2

edit on 5/16/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage

This statement shows a lack of understanding of free markets.

Which is actually more democrat..
edit on 16-5-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Thankyou for your kind observation.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

Just saying being against a trade war isn't Democrat.

Also shows a lack of understanding of reality. We have low unemployment but China is taking all our jobs?

How about we are a service economy and don't work in factories as a whole anymore and that is a good thing.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Ok, we've established that I have no concept of reality, party politics, and the free market system.
Anything else?

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

So do we have low unemployment or are the Chinese stealing our jobs?

Do we have a low cpi or are imports very expensive?

At some point people should pick which is culture and which is economic.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Ten years ago, Ron Paul and John McCain were considered racist by liberal democrats because they were running against Obama. Today, they are considered quotable elderly statesmen, as long as they disagree with Trump.

I guess in ten years democrats will be quoting Trump when he disagrees with whoever is leading the republican party.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Good. I always appreciate Ron Paul's stances on things. In 2012 I got called an idiot and a racist because I stated that Ron Paul would be a far better President than Obama...
edit on 16-5-2018 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Oh I still believe Ron Paul is a racist. I posted a number of threads about his newsletters and voting record. I also don't agree with many of his stances, including his economic stances, I would never support him politically. With that said, Paul has always had a large following especially on here. Many of his supporters backed him and referred to him when it came to war, survellience state etc. His large supporter base has not withered away to becoming Trump supporters, which I kind of feel bad for him over. It means Paul was just used as a partisan puppet to push a political agenda. Now that the orange one is in power, will rules need not apply anymore.

It's all very interesting.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

The most interesting thing in your post was your upside down reality.

reply to: Wide-Eyes 

Oh I still believe Ron Paul is a racist. I posted a number of threads about his newsletters and voting record. I also don't agree with many of his stances, including his economic stances, I would never support him politically. With that said, Paul has always had a large following especially on here. Many of his supporters backed him and referred to him when it came to war, survellience state etc. His large supporter base has not withered away to becoming Trump supporters, which I kind of feel bad for him over. It means Paul was just used as a partisan puppet to push a political agenda. Now that the orange one is in power, will rules need not apply anymore. 

It's all very interesting.

edit on 16-5-2018 by Wide-Eyes because: Added quote in case you edit your stupidity

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I wish he would run again in 2020.

He would have my vote.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   
(Without being an American) I simply love this man. Long live and prosperity to you Mr. Ron Paul… God bless

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kkintekk
(Without being an American) I simply love this man. Long live and prosperity to you Mr. Ron Paul… God bless

Its Dr. Ron Paul but yeah.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Ron Paul is a puppet. He's doing as he's told.

new topics

top topics

join