It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abdul al-Sayed, Running for Governor of Michigan, says "Muslims definitely hate you"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
a reply to: matafuchs

Someone please tell me why he should be elected to the highest office in Michigan....

because Michigan has highest number of Muslims in the USA, if i'm not mistaken. Muslims will always choose another muslim. Politics is of no consequence.

Muslim is not a race and Islam is political ideology under the guise of religion. What is the population density ratio of muslims/arabs/persians/etc to natural born American citizens in Michigan? My understanding is that roughly 6-7% were from the ME or north Africa. Maybe they should test all the candidates for their genetic diversity lol (I'm being facetious). I think the way voting works is the majority decides, not some whiny little bitch's followers. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think a majority of the people of Michigan would vote this hate filled guy into office, unless of course his supporters tore a page from Clinton's playbook and rigged the election.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I was wondering if Abdul was properly quoting Martin Luther King Jr or using his quote in a proper context. After finally finding what MLKJr actually said, I wondered about that. It was hard to find based on Abdul's para-phrasing, but here it is.

Address at the Fourth Annual Institute on Nonviolence and Social Change at Bethel Baptist Church Author: King, Martin Luther, Jr. Date: December 3, 1959 Location: Montgomery, Ala. Genre: Speech

Our message to the white community is simply this: We who call upon you are not so-called outside agitators. We are your Negro brothers whose sweat and blood has [have] also built Dixie. We yearn for brotherhood and respect and want to join hands with you to build a freer, happier land for all. If you fail to act now, history will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people.

He is "appalled" at do nothing people for their silence regarding racism against blacks and how that silence could be "tragedy" for the black struggle to obtain equality. I don't sense any black hatred towards whites with that statement, just a call to unity for all Americans to the equality cause. MLKJr isn't calling the do nothing people racist or negro-phobic, and that blacks hate them for their inaction, just inferring they are indifferent to the black's situation and that will ultimately harm their cause.

It really doesn't sound to me that Abdul is yearning for brotherhood and respect, to join hands and build a freer and happier land for all, not in any kind of a bi-partisan way for sure. It seems to me that he was trying to relate the current Muslim struggle with the on going black struggle and possibly get more of the black Democratic vote.

Still to use the word "hate" in regards to "Republicans" when trying to establish a bond with the black voters, it's like he is keying in on white haters of the black movement. It doesn't sit well with me and seems way off from the spirit that Martin Luther King Jr had.
edit on 16-5-2018 by MichiganSwampBuck because: typo

edit on 16-5-2018 by MichiganSwampBuck because: for clarity

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

To me that says that he is saying Muslims hate bigots who are intolerant towards Muslims. Why is that a surprising position to take? You don't really believe he is saying that all Muslims hate everyone not them do you?

I believe he was directing it towards someone who he believes "may not hate Muslims".

And regardless of the fact that they may not hate Muslims, he wants them to be reassured that "Muslims definitely hate" them.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

To be honest it seems like none of these people (liberals, progressives) have ever read an MLK speech, let alone studied him in earnest. If they did, they would realize he's really not the best "mascot" for their cause.

There is not nearly enough hatred in his words, being that he was a Christian preacher. Oh yeah, and he was a Christian preacher. They'll say he's not violent or hateful enough, he's an uncle Tom for wanting mere racial harmony when there is Revenge to be had, he's a preacher of "the white man's God", etc etc..

I guess they have to quote him out of context every so often so they don't have to admit or say aloud that they really hate everything he stands for.

Or they just mangle his words so far from recognition that they no longer hold the same meaning, at all.

Really just par for the course with these utopian ideologists/Marxists/progressives. Doesn't surprise me one bit.

I wonder if a progressive/Marxist blog/article that criticizes MLK already exists somewhere...
edit on 5/17/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

They may have a lot of Muslims LIVING there but how many are actually legally able to vote?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Starhooker
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Do the Muslim company you work with know how you feel about their religion? Go now, and bite the hand that feeds. I dare you.

I don't volunteer my personal beliefs about religion at my workplace because that isn't appropriate work conversation. If someone asks, I will politely explain that I'm an atheist and don't approve of religions in general, but I won't make a big stink about it. Are you one of those fools that yells his beliefs everywhere thinking he shouldn't have consequences for anything he says?
edit on 17-5-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

Taking snippets of my comments and making nonsense word associations out of context isn’t helping your cause.

my case?

I have no case.

You made comments that were shown to be wrong in a link provided.

the facts go against your biased and hate filled beliefs so there is no way you can accept them which was evident in your reply to them.

NO snippets of anything and no word associations were made.

Heres a nice little read on just how compatible Islam is with civilized people.

Oh so Muslims are not civilized.

And you say you are all about humanity.

a round of applause for exposing yourself so eloquently

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Mintbisti
Very true but if he was transgender Islam would have killed him long ago. That is why liberalism is a mental disorder. Vote for the Muslim possibly bring in female repression and hatred of the LBGT community. Totally opposite of their platform. They talk in circles. Never take a stand. Everything is ok. FENCE RIDERS.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: WarPig1939

"I hate Muslims."

^^^ That's you talking right there.

Go out in public and say that to anyone and everyone you meet. I bet you won't, probably because you're hiding behind your anonymity here and are too much of a coward to say it to anyone's face. That goes for anyone who starred your post as well. Bunch of keyboard warriors using your safe space on the internet to spew your hatred about others you don't understand.

This place has gone down the toilet here lately. Nothing but hate and animosity and it's only getting worse every day.

Sorry but anyone that is ok with having a pedophile/rapist as a prophet deserves no respect/honor from me. If someone in public were to ask me my opinion, I would happily give it.

What is there to be afraid of? Violence for having an opinion? There is a handgun to defend my opinion for that too if someone tries to be violent towards me. So yeah I don't like the muslim religion. Deal with it.

Agreed. The ignorance about Islam is profound. Does no one realize that Islam, for 1,400 years, has brought more misery to the world than any other religious or political system, including the Inquisition, Stalinist Russia, Mao and Hitler? Everywhere they damn with their presence eventually has to deal with Sharia, which brings only pain, hardship, racism, homophobia, and every other malady afflicting us. And there are people who defend them!!!!!! THAT is astounding...
edit on 17-5-2018 by Visiting ESB because: added word

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   
This warrants a repeat post, because people are too stupid to read and comprehend it the first go.

originally posted by: eNumbra
The full statement is:
What frustrates me more is not that you have blatant racism on the part of certain people, but what frustrates me more is in the words of Dr. Martin Luther King, is not when bad people speak out but when good people fail to speak out, and what I have not heard is the Republicans on this panel, decisively and swiftly call out this kind of Islamophobia, this kind of racism, in the context that they are wanting to represent the state that has the highest per-capita number of Muslim Americans in the country. Now you may not hate Muslims, but I’ll tell you, Muslims definitely hate you!”

You can’t cut the tail off of a dog and proclaim “this is a wolf”.

He is not saying Muslims hate everyone else full stop, he is saying Muslims hate complicit lazy people not helping solve the problem while idly standing by & watching the s#show unfold. I get the gist of this, it's very simply put. It's no different than someone saying they hate all the people at the bar that look the other way & let the s#faced drunks stagger out with their keys in hand. The observer is saying that they hate the people letting the drunk drive off, not that they hate all drinkers. It's the complicity they're pissed at & hate for F's sake. Same idea with this guy's quote. It's deliberately being presented completely out of context.

People trying to spoonfeed any other interpretation of this guy's quote should be god damn ashamed of themselves, because you are outright lying about it and it's as transparent as thin air.

edit on 5/17/2018 by Nyiah because: Argh, got autocorrected to the wrong word, though complacent attitudes would certainly apply to some the thread.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Please show me where I said that. This guy was being very specific in who his statement was targeting and nowhere did he say anything about Trump or his supporters in general. I'm sure there are plenty of Trump voters who speak out against bigotry, they are not who this guy was talking about in this instance.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Visiting ESB

You could say the same thing about any race or ideology. White men have been killing others and taking their land for thousands of years. You must not be familiar with how America was formed, or at least what it's foundation sits on.

Is that to say that white men are the only race to be guilty of such things? Of course not, but you don't see me talking about them as if they are unique in that regard. You say it as if those things ONLY happen when Muslims are around. To say so is to completely ignore history.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You could say the same thing about any race or ideology. White men have been killing others and taking their land for thousands of years. You must not be familiar with how America was formed, or at least what it's foundation sits on.

Is that to say that white men are the only race to be guilty of such things? Of course not, but you don't see me talking about them as if they are unique in that regard. You say it as if those things ONLY happen when Muslims are around. To say so is to completely ignore history.

lol Islam is not a race. It's a cult. And it's not a religion. Their founder was a murderer and a pedophile. I know of no other race, religion, ideology in history that was founded by such filth and managed to garner a following of 1.7 billion people (of every race). Humanity has a history of brutality. Islam incorporates that brutality into its belief system and justifies it and unlike others, has not learned otherwise in 1,400 years.
edit on 18-5-2018 by Visiting ESB because: add to sentence

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I said cause not case. Islam is not compatible with good and civilized people. Sorry you can’t understand that.

a reply to: InhaleExhale

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MantheDevilsApe
captain jack pershing had the best idea

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
He is not saying Muslims hate everyone else full stop, he is saying Muslims hate complicit lazy people not helping solve the problem while idly standing by & watching the s#show unfold.

Little hypocritical of him to be making that point seeing as he more than likely is complicit and lazy for not helping solve the very real problems around the world caused by extremism and bigotry within his religion. His entire argument can be easily turned around (and arguably be even more relevant) against Muslims - but of course that wouldn't work towards furthering his agenda.

He might have a point, but by being so blatantly partisan about it, the only point he's proving is he's another partisan/self-interests furthering politician like the rest of them that doesn't deserve to be in a position of power.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Navieko

originally posted by: Nyiah
He is not saying Muslims hate everyone else full stop, he is saying Muslims hate complicit lazy people not helping solve the problem while idly standing by & watching the s#show unfold.

Little hypocritical of him to be making that point seeing as he more than likely is complicit and lazy for not helping solve the very real problems around the world caused by extremism and bigotry within his religion. His entire argument can be easily turned around (and arguably be even more relevant) against Muslims - but of course that wouldn't work towards furthering his agenda.

He might have a point, but by being so blatantly partisan about it, the only point he's proving is he's another partisan/self-interests furthering politician like the rest of them that doesn't deserve to be in a position of power.

What goes on in other countries is of little concern, he's speaking of treatment of people here. Your demand that they focus abroad first before anyone should care is no different than telling Jews here to fix Israel's problems, telling Buddhists here to fix Tibet, telling Christians here to fix Africa.

And if that is what you're going to stick with, be fair and apply it to everyone. Only Native American religions originated here, it's going to be your job to tell people to fix foreign-originating religious problems abroad before we fix domestic ones. But let me know first, because it's not going to go over well, and I want a cut of that Pay-Per-View charge.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

People trying to spoonfeed any other interpretation of this guy's quote should be god damn ashamed of themselves

Nyiah! Love ya but using G-D is pretty harsh! At least it was a little g you used. It does have passion, I get that.
edit on 19-5-2018 by MichiganSwampBuck because: for clarity

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   

lol Islam is not a race

Which is why I said "or ideology". Islam is an ideology.

Their founder was a murderer and a pedophile.

You must not have read the OT of the bible. I think you'd be surprised at what the God if those books ordered it's followers to do, you'd be surprised at the things certain biblical prophets were guilty of.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

Islam is not compatible with good and civilized people. Sorry you can’t understand that.

Yes I cant. I really cannot understand such stupidity and blind hatred, I guess we are both sorry.

life experience completely contradicts your opinion.

facts show which you were shown that Islam can and has for quite some time now.

I said cause not case.

It really doesn't matter.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join