It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abdul al-Sayed, Running for Governor of Michigan, says "Muslims definitely hate you"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

So, what did he mean? Tell us Obi-Wan-Islami....

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: shooterbrody

That was already discussed and debunked earlier in the thread. First page actually. You guys are misrepresenting what was said in order to push your anti-Islamic agenda.

You have an odd definition of "debunked".
Not surprising tho based on what I have read from your posts.
Was the quote found to be inaccurate? If so I missed that part.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: eNumbra

a reply to: matafuchs
Funny how they want to discuss everything under the sun except the words of the person running for office...

Now you may not hate Muslims, but I’ll tell you, Muslims definitely hate you!

Already discussed -see, Debunked, it on the first page. OP misrepresents the statement, as do you by removing all context and only quoting the last bit that you find inflammatory.

nice try
YOUR interpretation of what someone else stated is not "debunked".
Funny that you try that tho.
Or are those not an actual quote?
Oh also I in no way find that in any way "inflammatory". The truth is not "inflammatory".

It’s not an interpretation, it’s called reading comprehension; the strain of anti-intellectualism in this country has left many people incapable of thinking and processing complex thoughts and statements.
What the man said is clear, you misrepresent it.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

You're taking the quote out of context. I could easily take a quote out of context that ignores what was said before it.

As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice.

Can you guess who said this? It really doesn't matter since we're ignoring context and only focusing on parts we want to, right?

It was Hitler by the way.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: eNumbra

Debunk nothing.
You have an opinion to an opinion. Thanks for playing.

No, I just read above a 5th grade level.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
And again you are all defending and saying something is debunked when his full statement was.

"Now you may not hate Muslims, but I’ll tell you, Muslims definitely hate you!”

So, even if I do not hate Muslims...they would still hate me?? Yeah, sounds like a real peaceful guy.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

How does posting a quote misrepresent it?
I attached no "interpretation" to the quote as you have.
How again have I misrepresented it?

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Read the quote in context with what was said before that cherry-picked piece. If you do you'll see he was saying that Muslims hate those that are good who fail to speak up against bigotry. They hate the fact that good people do not speak up when something wrong is done/said. He was reiterating what MLK said which is why he quoted him to begin with.
edit on 5/16/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

link   

And again you are all defending and saying something is debunked when his full statement was.

"Now you may not hate Muslims, but I’ll tell you, Muslims definitely hate you!”

So, even if I do not hate Muslims...they would still hate me?? Yeah, sounds like a real peaceful guy.

The full statement is:
What frustrates me more is not that you have blatant racism on the part of certain people, but what frustrates me more is in the words of Dr. Martin Luther King, is not when bad people speak out but when good people fail to speak out, and what I have not heard is the Republicans on this panel, decisively and swiftly call out this kind of Islamophobia, this kind of racism, in the context that they are wanting to represent the state that has the highest per-capita number of Muslim Americans in the country. Now you may not hate Muslims, but I’ll tell you, Muslims definitely hate you!”

You can’t cut the tail off of a dog and proclaim “this is a wolf”.

link   
LOL - great thread, I love the typical leftists responses with ANY thread criticising islam adherents:

Thread contents: Muslim political candidate shares his opinion.

Typical leftist responses:

"yeah but right wingers are worse"
"all terrorism is carried out by right wingers, maybe a few muslims who don't represent the collective but right wingers are scum - all of them"
"Trump is a racist"
"Islam is a race, because we must call you a racist when you criticise islam, its in our programming"
"i want the old ATS back"
"ATS always allows islamic bigotry threads but always 404s non-islamic bigotry threads - whaaaaa"

God you're all pathetic.

As to this tool in Michigan, he needs to choose his words better - yanks and politics is the worlds #1 paradox.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You're taking the quote out of context.

I have done no such thing.
I have merely quoted what the man said.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

How does posting a quote misrepresent it?
I attached no "interpretation" to the quote as you have.
How again have I misrepresented it?

You don’t post the quote, you post a portion of the quote, butchering the meaning. You either can’t or refuse to see this, or worse you know and purposely do it anyway.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Above a 5th grade level. Does that mean like 6th or 7th is where you top off? If so I will give you some definitions.

opinion - a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
fact - a thing that is indisputably the case.

It is a FACT that he said he hates people.
It is your OPINION to what he said.

If you do not understand "Now you may not hate Muslims, but I’ll tell you, Muslims definitely hate you!" is hate than your reading comprehension is non-existent no matter what type of words you want to try to tie together to give the impression of intelligence.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

And I merely quoted something Hitler said. That's ignoring everything else he said or did though.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I am sorry grammar and sentence structure is lost on you.

Now you may not hate Muslims, but I’ll tell you, Muslims definitely hate you!

The capital letter at the beginning indicates the start of the sentence, and the period at the end signifies the end of the sentence.
When did I interpret the meaning of the quote I posted?
I have not.
You do not get to take away the mans quote.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Above a 5th grade level. Does that mean like 6th or 7th is where you top off? If so I will give you some definitions.

opinion - a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
fact - a thing that is indisputably the case.

It is a FACT that he said he hates people.
It is your OPINION to what he said.

If you do not understand "Now you may not hate Muslims, but I’ll tell you, Muslims definitely hate you!" is hate than your reading comprehension is non-existent no matter what type of words you want to try to tie together to give the impression of intelligence.

He clearly outlines exactly who he’s referring to. You can’t or refuse to accept reality.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

And I merely quoted something Hitler said. That's ignoring everything else he said or did though.

Neither of which is the topic of this thread.
More spin from the "everybody is bad" guy.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Here comes ATS's resident "libtard" hater coming in hot to spew some rhetoric then move on to the next thread. Wash, rinse and repeat. Have fun with your drive-by's of hate-filled diatribe.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Apparently the topic of the thread is to ignore context and latch onto anything and everything we can to label Muslims as people who hate all non-Muslims. "Because it is the truth", that's what the OP said, it's the truth that Muslims hate all non-Muslims, but only if you take someone's words out of context.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Apparently the topic of the thread is to ignore context and latch onto anything and everything we can to label Muslims as people who hate all non-Muslims. "Because it is the truth", that's what the OP said, it's the truth that Muslims hate all non-Muslims, but only if you take someone's words out of context.

He only hates those of us who aren't actively calling out those who hate Muslims. We get it. They hate people like me because denouncing the relatively small amount of legit hatred of Muslims in the US isn't a top priority of my political views.

I don't actively call out the relatively small amounts of legit hatred against Christians either. Maybe Christians hate me for that too, I dunno. Doesn't seem fair.
edit on 16 5 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join