It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abdul al-Sayed, Running for Governor of Michigan, says "Muslims definitely hate you"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Now, I am all for equality. I don't care one way or the other. What I do have an issue with is people who 'hide' behind a false presence and hate in others what they hate in themselves.

In this case, you have Dr. Abdul al-Sayed, a 32 year old Muslim male who is running for Governor of Michigan. Please watch the video and you can see how the things he says, and how he gets worked up, well, not sure he is who is needed.

Link Link to video not website....

First, a disdain or mistrust of Muslims is not racist. It is from things that have happened in the last 40-50 years. Just like when the US rolls into a city it is prejudice..not racism.

However, after being called out about ties to the Muslm Brotherhood here is the nominees response...

“What frustrates me more is not that you have blatant racism on the part of certain people, but what frustrates me more is in the words of Dr. Martin Luther King, is not when bad people speak out but when good people fail to speak out, and what I have not heard is the Republicans on this panel, decisively and swiftly call out this kind of Islamophobia, this kind of racism, in the context that they are wanting to represent the state that has the highest per-capita number of Muslim Americans in the country. Now you may not hate Muslims, but I’ll tell you, Muslims definitely hate you!”

He hits all the key DNC points and even tries to quote MLK but why, at the end, does he state that? The hate.

Because it is the truth. It is not a hatred of Islam. It is not a fear of Islam. It is a concern that the way things are now will not be the same soon....

Someone please tell me why he should be elected to the highest office in Michigan....

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   
When did Islam become a race?

When I fill out paperwork and they ask race Muslim is never on there..
edit on 16-5-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:42 AM
link   
This is the Soros groomed Muslim Brotherhood wolf in sheeps clothing candidate. There may be a lot of transplants around Dearborn but if the rest of the State actually is motivated to vote then he won't get in anyway. That last sentence of his should be motivation enough. What a dumb candidate.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Watch from 9:00 :

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Someone please tell me why he should be elected to the highest office in Michigan....

because Michigan has highest number of Muslims in the USA, if i'm not mistaken. Muslims will always choose another muslim. Politics is of no consequence.

+17 more 
posted on May, 16 2018 @ 04:44 AM
link   

So Muslims hate us, but we are racist when we say they hate us?

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 04:49 AM
link   
have you ever.....friggin ever tried to contract with a muslim......pull your hair out or walk away

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

because Michigan has highest number of Muslims in the USA, if i'm not mistaken. Muslims will always choose another muslim. Politics is of no consequence.

Only around 2.75 percent of Michigan's population is Muslim. Dearborn is 29.85 percent Muslim with Hamtramck having a majority Muslim population. I doubt they could pull off a political landslide and elect a Muslim governor. There is an East Indian candidate as well, Shri Thanedar, who leads Democrats in the latest Michigan governor's race poll. I doubt he stands much of a chance as he doesn't really have the qualifications for the office.

I won't be voting for either and no one I know is going to. They don't represent the majority of the population in urban or rural areas of the state. Parties are almost evenly split, maybe slightly more Demos, however, they aren't doing so well since Hillery lost. I'm not worried, no phobia here.

ETA: The Muslim population has to get around 10 percent or higher before they get political muscles and start making a lot of noise. They don't have any real clout yet unless we start getting a massive migration to our state.
edit on 16-5-2018 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Only way.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Sounds like what he’s actually saying (or trying to) is that Muslims hate the republicans who attempt to represent them without calling out islamaphopbia. That the republicans are the good people not speaking up (dr King reference) and that bothers him and other Muslims more than islamaphobia itself.

But hey, why not ignore the context and composition of the sentence to stoke the fires of hate?

You should be ashamed of yourself, and read more.
edit on 5/16/2018 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

This thread has an agenda. You and I know what that agenda is.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Only way.

yes. It's us or them. Muslims can't be negotiated with. They can't be reasoned with or bribed. Thier faith tells them they are better than others and so have the right subjugate us, lie to us, rape women and exterminate us. Sadly, the only way we will stop them is by our own hands, our government will not help us. Violence is the only thing they understand.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: eNumbra

This thread has an agenda. You and I know what that agenda is.

It’s a real shame what’s become of this place.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Now, I am all for equality. I don't care one way or the other.

Big FAT BS. You can't comvince your nonsense. A smear tactics for hate discussion. That's your plan.

edit on 16-5-2018 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   
It's no more bigoted to have a concern about radical Islam than it is bigoted for a woman to take an alternate route instead of walking down a dark alley where she sees a man lurking because of the possibility of assault and rape. It's simply an acknowledgement of reality. It doesn't mean you think all Muslims are terrorists or that all men are rapists.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: mekhanics

but the important thing is that the nominee "convinced" you. Rather than discuss his words...you'll attack the thread maker.

Golden.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
When did Islam become a race?

When lefties changed the definition of the word.

Duh.

You're also racist if you don't want illegal immigrants. Because illegals are now a race.

Follow along please.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
The liberals will vote for him because he is a Muslim if he were also Transgender he would be a lock

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: MantheDevilsApe

Well that escalated quickly...

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

To me that says that he is saying Muslims hate bigots who are intolerant towards Muslims. Why is that a surprising position to take? You don't really believe he is saying that all Muslims hate everyone not them do you?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join