It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why should the government serve us?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Not much to say here, just a lot to think about. Ideally, the federal (and state) government(s) are supposed to offer services of governance to society for an affordable price. Essentially, government is a business...a business with a guaranteed income. So, what incentive does any side of our two-party tragedy have to serve us with honesty and/or integrity? We pay them, they spit on us, then they promise us they'll do better next time...sounds like an abusive relationship to me.

See, its funny cuz most of you don't realize what's happening yet. Ha. Ha. Ha.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Its not supposed to be us vs them. We are them they are us. Somewhere a long time ago that line got blurred.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

It probably started when we, as a whole, started ignoring Commandments 5-10.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   
It should serve us because that is the sole reason for its existence - to make it easier for us to govern ourselves. If it does not serve us there is no reason for it to be.

Except the government got hijacked and it now serves a very selected group of people. Not only that, but those people made everyone believe we are here to serve the government, and not the other way around.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Or the simple fact is that the person with the biggest bank roll wins.
Buy votes in this day and age

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

We pay them, they spit on us, then they promise us they'll do better next time...sounds like an abusive relationship to me.

True, and you have the option to end that relationship through voting.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

How can you vote away the 16th?

How can you vote away property tax?

I'm not sure which direction people thought it would go allowing one group to tax another group.

This is why we are fd. The Constitution is being ignored.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

We pay them, they spit on us, then they promise us they'll do better next time...sounds like an abusive relationship to me.

True, and you have the option to end that relationship through voting.

That's the ideal we should aspire to. The reality is we're given very limited choices to vote for. The independents rarely have the capital behind them to compete for PR and TV time.

It's like going to a store that only sells drinks from Coca Cola.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   
They don't. Question answered.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 05:25 AM
link   
isn't ask federal income tax "temporary" to pay for some war that ended ages ago?

government in the usa is just a runaway train. anyone who tries to stop it gets chewed up on the tracks- but as a nation we're working together to make sure it doesn't run out of track and crash.

It's all pretty messed up if you ask me.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Right now it's a vicious circle, a self-fulfilling prophecy, the current political system is.

At the state and local level it's a little less corrupt, but once you get above the state level is where the two-party system really kicks into high gear. It's like an iron curtain around the establishment elite. You either play the game their way, or you don't even get in the stadium, let alone get on the team. You either sell your soul to the devil in the red suit, or you sell your soul to the devil in the blue suit...or you sit on the bench. And that's exactly how they want it! It's an impenetrable fortress of corruption, lies and payola.

I've known people personally who have traversed this arc from the local level, to the state level and then on to the federal level. They changed at each step along the way. Once above the state level it was like they were completely different people, people who had become hollow and without integrity. Their whole vocabularies even change, their words flashy sounding, but no longer with any meaning. They could stand before a group of people and speak for hours...and say nothing at all. It was amazing. Even on the side, out of the bright lights, they were no longer the people they once were, distant and evasive. It was like you wanted to grab them, and shake them, and ask, "WHO ARE YOU, and what have you done with the REAL (insert name)????"

I suspect one wouldn't have to look very far to find great psychological similarities between some of these politicians and drug addiction. Once that 'establishment' drug takes hold, that evil concoction of greed, lies, doublespeak and more greed, there's no turning back.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
isn't ask federal income tax "temporary" to pay for some war that ended ages ago?

government in the usa is just a runaway train. anyone who tries to stop it gets chewed up on the tracks- but as a nation we're working together to make sure it doesn't run out of track and crash.

It's all pretty messed up if you ask me.

It was WW2 .
The IRS was a private accounting firm hired by the US Federal Government to oversee the tax collection thart was "temporary" for the war effort. And , it was made illegal for a citizen to own most precious metals.
After the war , the taxes were supposed to be "legalized" and continue , and the IRS was Federalized . You know , like the airline screeners . And we all know how both turned out , yes ?

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   

The leading cause of death in the world
is government.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Can we vote away the collective personality disorders and arrogance of society?

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

That is a symptom of the problem, not the problem itself.

top topics

join