It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Israel invaded Iran tomorrow...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
What would the U.S. response be? Immediate assistance to the Chosen People?

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
what chosen people?
Iran would just retaliate with a couple of sun burns and their new missiles.
leveling most of israel since its such a small country

and if the US did something
sink a couple of ships and kill a few thousund
US troops and then go down.

and then it will come to street to street fight and the US will suffer heavy casulties

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
The only thing Israel would do is take out the reactor like they did in Iraq several years ago. If Israel invaded Iran, the US would probably half heartedly say "heeeey, don't do that, we were waiting on the students...", sit back, and watch Iran get flattened. If the middle east rose up against Israel as a result, we would continue to sit back and watch as 1967 is repeated.

Sep

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I dont think Israel can "invade" Iran. How many people do they have serving in the IDF? I'd say 600,000 at most. They have to protect their country and invade. That is very much imposible IMHO.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
What would the U.S. response be? Immediate assistance to the Chosen People?

sweatmonicaIdo, try this one:

War On Terrorism
Discuss The War On Terror, The War With Iraq & The Situation With N. Korea

Hmm, nope.

Maybe this one will work:

Predictions & Prophecies
Discussion of modern clairvoyant predictions and ancient prohecies. (NOT member predictions)

Oh-oh, your doing a hypothetical, not a self-wished-predicition.

Hmm, maybe this one then:

General Chit Chat
Talk About Anything Really. A Place To Make Posts Of An Unrelated Nature

What'cha think?

seekerof

[edit on 18-2-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
A totally silly thread as Seekerof suggested.

Israel has no ability to invade Iran, they might drop a few bombs though. And if Iran did anything in retaliation the U.S. would turn them into a sheet of glass, which btw would be a great improvement bodrul!

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
It would be physically impossible for Israel to invade Iran. The relative sizes of the countries, and armed forces, makes this scenario a fantasy. And this is without even mentioning the enormity of the logistics involved in transporting and supplying the requisite numbers of troops, which they wouldn't have anyways.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
A totally silly thread as Seekerof suggested.

Israel has no ability to invade Iran, they might drop a few bombs though. And if Iran did anything in retaliation the U.S. would turn them into a sheet of glass, which btw would be a great improvement bodrul!

If it's a totally silly thread, then why'd you post in it? Smart one.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   
of course i agree that it would be rather ludicrous for israel to invade iran however i do have to question whether the greater size and population of iran would be a deterent to an invasion by israel. israel has always been the david against the arab goliath. israel has always been vastly outnumbered by the opponents that they have faced. i point to the war that israel had with egypt in 67. israel was vastly outnumbered by troops and materiel. within a matter of days, egyptian troops found themselves surrounded and facing death due to attrition as well as dehydration. so the mere argument that iran is too large a country with too great a population does not hold water. israel could attack iran and could probably win but simple logic dictates that they limit any attacks against iran to nuclear power plants or strategic targets.

there are numerous examples of a smaller force attacking and besting a larger force in military history; british troops against argentinians in the falkland war is probably one of the finest examples of this. however, in this case, britain would have probably never have attacked argeninian forces if they had not been provoked by a prior invasion, by argentina, on the falklands, a part of great britain.

to sum up, israel would never attack iran, except for surgical strikes. it would be militarily unwise for israel to do so. however, if there really was a pressing need, i have no doubt that israel would be able to invade and prevail against iran. of course, i also have no doubt that israel would have to go nuclear in short order. the hatred towards israel in the arabic states is such that i quite sure that any such invasion would galvanize the islamic world to finally crush israel. at this point, of course, the u.s. would have to get involved and, as a previous poster so aptly put it, turn iran into a sheet of glass.

top topics

join