It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NK Cancel's Meeting With SK, Threatens to Cancel Meeting With US

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
C 👁 A

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
NK complains before every joint exercise every year since the 50's, it's normal and a tradition that he cannot break or look weak to his people. Any sign of weakness could embolden a coup by his Generals, which was likely drilled into his brain by his father and his father before him.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

how naive you are, do you honestly think naval drills like this can just be magically organized and executed suddenly, to show off? are you so obsessed with peace that you can't see the deception going on here? kim knew these drills were about to happen and he organized this summit on purpose, just to make america look bad. i'm baffled how there are people like you who so easily fall for such an obvious ploy every time.

this isn't about pride, it's about another nation constantly breaking every agreement they make with us, deceiving us and playing games. they clearly don't mean anything they say and they need to understand that they can't keep playing games like this, that if they become a nuclear threat we won't tolerate it. games have limits.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

so far lil kim has ran circles around trump in the gentleman department.
HEY do not forget to not remember all the dead in gaza in the name of peace

Don't forget the hundreds (maybe thousands) Un has killed, of his own people. But keep singing his gentlemanly praises.

yea that totally adds up

a leader is responsible for hundreds of deaths in his country and that is equivalent to the possible hundred thousands that will be killed cause the usa does not have enough respect for the peace process to halt military exercises in order to halt and remove a nuclear weapons program and a very large arsenal

it is dumb

hopefully you realize that many deaths in many countries happen everyday by punishment and ignorance including in the usa.

trump had the leader doing everything necessary for peace and he blows it for some exercises.

They should just stop the drills or invite no. korea in some fashion.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Well, obama was nominated within 10 days of being inaugurated, so there's not really anything needed to be nominated or win. But here:
These governors already nominated him. Read their nomination letter
As did these house republicans, read their nomination letter too

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

LOL, ok bro. I'm glad to know you're on the case!

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

this isn't about pride, it's about another nation constantly breaking every agreement they make with us, deceiving us and playing games. they clearly don't mean anything they say and they need to understand that they can't keep playing games like this, that if they become a nuclear threat we won't tolerate it. games have limits.

yes i totally agree with you on this here about the usa.

your comments seem to not take into account the fact that for the last couple months lil kim has been doing everything asked of him.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Well, obama was nominated within 10 days of being inaugurated, so there's not really anything needed to be nominated or win. But here:
These governors already nominated him. Read their nomination letter
As did these house republicans, read their nomination letter too

I asked YOU why you think he should be nominated.

As i said, you can make your answer as long as you wish.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
The Deal is already done, the meeting is just the spectacle...right "Q"

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

You can NEVER get peace from a dictator by acting peaceful...

Jaden

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden

You can NEVER get peace from a dictator by acting peaceful...

Jaden

sound pretty

however the last few weeks have proven that wrong

the leader was going along with the process better than ever and we decide to continue with war games in an area that is being prepped for treaties.

it is dumb on our part

any sane person would see it for what it is... an act of continuing war amidst a great struggle for peace

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

a few months? it only started 2 and a half weeks ago so what the hell are you talking about?

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I don't care if he gets one or not, so I won't be taking the time to make the case he should have one. That's not what this thread is about. Get back on topic.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The actual drill has been ongoing since mid april, before the summit even started, so why did he not say anything until now, over 1 month later?
edit on 15-5-2018 by namehere because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-5-2018 by namehere because: had the dates wrong

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Get back on topic.

Your politicians ( which you linked ) have made The Nobel Peace Prize part of this topic. Have they not?

As for you, you can't give me a single reason why Trump should be nominated for it. Let me give you one why he shouldn't.

Nominating someone for a Peace Prize who has sabre rattled and threatened to Nuke NK would be a travesty and a mockery for that award.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

The Nobel Prize Committee accepts nominations between the months of September and February. Last I checked May does not fall in that time period.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

No, the topic is NK pulling out of talks. Not whether trump deserves a peace prize. Is that really a tough thing to comprehend?

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Not surprised at all and it’s just posturing. The meeting will still take place.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

It's going Pear Shaped for Trump and you don't like it.

That i can understand.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
My guess is this is all staged for the sake of Rocket Man's street cred. Trump can pause the war games and say it was an in kind gesture for releasing the hostages. Lil Kim will look like a winner to his people which will allow him to make peace without looking like he's weak.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join