It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NK Cancel's Meeting With SK, Threatens to Cancel Meeting With US

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Citing joint military drills between the US and SK, Un has canceled a meeting with SK. He then threatened to cancel the meeting he set up with trump.
Link

To me, the motives are pretty clear: he's trying to get something out of the US before the summit, as he's already given up the house (hostages, nuclearization, korean war, etc).

NK blew up their Nuke facility, on accident, and to go back to the drawing board would cost them too much money that they don't have. They've used up their good will with china, too. So what do they have if they cancel talks? A moment in the spotlight that will fade fast. And what does the US have if they cancel talks? At least we got some hostages back.
edit on 15-5-2018 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
To be somewhat fair to the lunatic Kim Jong Dong, or whatever his name is, it is rather stupid to be running military drills at this time.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Not really, Trump has made it clear that the US will be making no concessions until NK keeps up their end of the deal. However, I see what you're saying. It wouldn't hurt anyone (AFAIK) if we halted drills for a month. But kim knows that we're not going to invade before those talks happen, so his only motive can be strategic.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

More petulance and tantrums from Lil' Kim. He knew far in advance of these drills. It's not like it's spur of the moment and they threw together a few guys for a paintball war.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I think this is more strategy than petulance, but he definitely knew long ago that these drills would be happening.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

If Kim wants to back out, then let him back out.

We haven't signed anything yet so why should the US make any concessions?

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Lame to drill for peace.

i doubt tptb can go very long without letting pride and such take over again.

It seems like an easy choice...hundreds of thousands of dead or pride in tact

Leed em better

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

well gee wasn't that unexpected, i wondered when the north koreans would start playing these games, like every other time in the past. we need to stop trying to negotiate with them already, they clearly don't want peace.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere

well gee wasn't that unexpected, i wondered when the north koreans would start playing these games, like every other time in the past. we need to stop trying to negotiate with them already, they clearly don't want peace.

yes clearly more insults,drills and sanctions will keep them folks alive

if we really want peace then start acting peaceful.

so far lil kim has ran circles around trump in the gentleman department.

HEY do not forget to not remember all the dead in gaza in the name of peace

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Dear Donald

Nobel Peace Prize now cancelled.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Kim Jong is playing chicken. But he is playing with an empty hand. The sanctions are wrecking his country from the inside out.

The US already retrieved three hostages without paying a hundred and fifty billion dollars to do it like Obama did. We're already ahead of the game.
edit on 5/15/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Had this drill been arranged and announced beforehand? Did Kim already know about the drill when he made the negotiation proposal?
In that event, Kim would stand condemned as the one who is playing silly games.

P.S. I think I meant this response for the other thread.

edit on 15-5-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

i'm pretty sure he called this summit when everything for these drills was already set up and intended to use the drills as an excuse to back out, to make us look like an aggressor, to make america look bad for "ruining" the peace summit.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Kim has always has to be the guy to fart in line. Just his nature

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Dear Donald

Nobel Peace Prize now cancelled.

Yeah, I'm sure he's all tore up over that. You need to quit looking in the mirror and falsely thinking that everybody has your mindset.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

You need to quit looking in the mirror and falsely thinking that everybody has your mindset.

Can you translate that? I haven't a clue what your on about.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

so far lil kim has ran circles around trump in the gentleman department.
HEY do not forget to not remember all the dead in gaza in the name of peace

Don't forget the hundreds (maybe thousands) Un has killed, of his own people. But keep singing his gentlemanly praises.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Trump couldn't care less about a lame prize that was given to obama for nothing. It's you who was worried he would get one (and deservedly).

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: alldaylong

Trump couldn't care less about a lame prize that was given to obama for nothing. It's you who was worried he would get one (and deservedly).

Worried ? No,it was never on the cards

Please explain what Trump has done to even be nominated for it? Your answer can be as long as you wish, as i have all the time in the world.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

These drills are planned far in advance and require huge logistical commitment.

Kim gets the opportunity to ask for concessions in Singapore, until then he doesnt have a leg to stand on.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join