It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian MBT, the "ultimate off-road vehicle"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Check out the awsome Canadian MBT, the "ultimate off-road vehicle"!! Yee HAA!!
www.army.forces.gc.ca...

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Inhotep
Check out the awsome Canadian MBT, the "ultimate off-road vehicle"!! Yee HAA!!
www.army.forces.gc.ca...

sarcasm, this is a german Leopard I...

It got to production in 1963

we are at the moment on

Leopard IIA6M

in germany, thats really MANY versions newer...

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Thats really the top of the line MBT in Canada? and the thing was designed in 1963? Man what the heck happened in WW2 they had a powerful military a great help to the allies.

At least they still got great snipers up there, they can lay claim to the longest-ever confirmed sniper kill thanks to Master Cpl. Arron Perry

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Well they have a kinda perfect defense and they dont even need to pay for it!
Solid ice on one side, the atlantic on the other freezeing water and the USA on the other, now tell me how they get THAT lucky in defense?

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   

the "Ground Platform" reminds me of something hehehe

hehehe

(german armed forces vehicle)

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Well they have a kinda perfect defense and they dont even need to pay for it!
Solid ice on one side, the atlantic on the other freezeing water and the USA on the other, now tell me how they get THAT lucky in defense?

Yeah that is pretty sweet defense they could have almost no military and really still have no chance of anyone invading. Two oceans on its sides and ice in the north and a ally superpower to the south. It dont get any better then that.

The stuff wodan seems impressive though UAVs and their combat robots look really interesting. I really want to know more about the "legged" soldier robot. Im not aware of many military bots that use legs.

[edit on 18-2-2005 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Yeah that is pretty sweet defense they could have almost no military and really still have no chance of anyone invading. Two oceans on its sides and ice in the north and a ally superpower to the south. It dont get any better then that.

Hell just give a few guys some sniper rifles and sit them on the coasts, soon as you see the bad guys comeing ask the USAF/USN if they want some target practice....

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Actually, the Canadian Army is getting out of tanks. This is part of the Force's realignment that's been ongoing since we pulled out of Europe following the collapse of the Soviet Union. Without the need to participate in Europe's defence, we're prioritizing other ways of projecting force. Consequently, we simply haven't bothered to upgrade the tank force.

The next main battle vehicle for the Canadian forces is the Stryker, which is on order. See www.army.mil..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> www.army.mil...

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Anymore information of these combat robot?

I know why they are moving away from tanks to save money, Canada is building a secret robot army
No one would ever suspect Canada

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
lol Yeah i think we seem like the last people to build large army of anything new or really cool and strong.We do have alot of cool robot technology.I seen a few shows on TV about some sweet robots and some good space stuff to.I dont see why so many people think of Canada as so weak and poor when it comes to the military.I mean belive it or not where pretty damn smart at alot of things.

I notice alot of Americans think little of us like where just a bunch of weak stupid hocky playing lumber jakes or something.But if u think of it and look into things you will see that where smart just like any american
we create alot of good military and non military technology and we give and sell it to countrys all around the world but still we dont seem to get much credit for it.

We may not have the best tanks in th world and theay may be a bit old but theay do the job.Sucks that we seem to be cutting down on tanks tho,but who knows maybe we cut down on tanks for few years and then come out with Mechs or something lol

Sorry for any spelling misstakes and i hope i dident affend anyone or upset anyone with anything
good topic

Stephen.R

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Well our Robotics industry IS very good. Canada Arm and all, not sure how advanced our AI program is though, as that is an itegral part somewhat. You could have a "ground controller" who can literally "pilot" who squads RTS style. Blizzard will probably design the interface

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
The stuff wodan seems impressive though UAVs and their combat robots look really interesting. I really want to know more about the "legged" soldier robot. Im not aware of many military bots that use legs.

yeah, they remind me of the german UAVs, Taifun (fighting drone), KZO Brevel (artillery recon drone), Aladin (stealth recon drone, that can get transported by one soldier, and is ready to fly after 5 minutes), Drohne CL289 (far range plane drone) and Luna X 2000 (far range rocket drone (sorry, dont want to act up, but to show that those things arent that much a future thingy, and could be in your forces more widely already, but you need atm the money for the iraq war, so a modernization would cost to much, especial buying biggger amounts of newer weapons)

I think soldier robots are interesting, even more, combat robots are interesting for me, I would like to know more about them, and when the US Forces get them, the problem is: what happens after an EMP?

Will all your combat and soldier robots be destroyed and billions of dollars wasted?

Are there plans on let them fight autonome, or do you want that they get controlled from far away by soldiers in bureos?

If you want to remotecontrol them, how do you want to protect yourself of radio interfering transmitter?

[edit on 19-2-2005 by Wodan]

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 05:34 AM
link   
uhhm, fu*k sorry for the last view posts in this thread, I posted them into the wrong thread, I planned to post them into "US army of the future knocking on the door!"

top topics

join