It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two surgeons in China developing a method to transplant a human head

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

That is disturbing. Why do people actually want this?

Who wants to wake up and hear, "We saved your body, and we were lucky to find a donor for your head."

edit on 15-5-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Rich people who want to stay alive an even longer time so they can get more of the money. More money. All of the money.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   
The logistics alone for this seem impossible.

One healthy body needed, presumably only very recently dead, with functioning organs still intact.....just check the "donate entire body from the neck down" square on your drivers license??

Meanwhile, one, well, head, presumably with a damaged body(but with still functioning organs or else the head itself would be dead), is also needed.....What the hell do they do with this body, now headless??

Millions of nerve endings reattached. The donor body[?] being controlled by the new head. When asked where you are, do you answer 'right here' and point to your head??

Yeah, no. This is BS.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Who wants to wake up and hear, "We saved your body, and we were lucky to find a donor for your head."

I understand why completly. If I was paralysed from the neck down, and there was a chance I could have a new body, I would do it hands down.

But that it me, and I understand why people would not get it done too.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
Looks like the race is a-foot.
...or should that be a-head?

Isn't there a german doc doing the same thing? Wonder who's going to get to do it first? I think the latter is supposed to actually take place really soon.

There are companies making organ perfusion machine to keep livers alive for 9 hours outside of a body. Imagine if they do that for a human head (that would require artificial kidneys and a digestive system, plus some kind of immune system), but Robocop doesn't seem that far away now.

www.upmc.com...

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Nothing immoral about it??
Imagine beautiful bodied people fearing for their lives when this can be done successfully on humans - even if a person is not going to die from some disease they may want a beautiful body.
And hey - what's wrong with dying?
Why hang on to this life? You maybe missing out on what's after!!

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

Me making funny!

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
All hail the Coagula!

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: Jay-morris

Me making funny!

Be a racist somewhere else please!

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I can see it as a way to keep a human head alive for a little while. The hardest part, of course, is splicing nerves so that they retain their function and don't get all globbed up by scar tissue. I used to think that maybe that could be accomplished using a bacteria or something. Micro lasers? Nanobots? If I knew how it could be done, I would be a super genius and super rich.

Cerebrospinal fluid regulates nerve tissue growth (Transthyretin)

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I approve of this concept.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Staple my live head on a dead body?

don't think so.

What could go wrong?

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

I understand why completly. If I was paralysed from the neck down, and there was a chance I could have a new body, I would do it hands down.

Wake up with some slut body or a junkie or something you didn't pay for, like an 80yo homeless man.

You trust your f'n head with these guys?

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Jezz.... I'll stick to my heart transplant

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Wake up with some slut body or a junkie or something you didn't pay for, like an 80yo homeless man.

If you are paralysed from the neck down, I do not think you are really going to care where the body came from, as long as it is healthy.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

If you are paralysed from the neck down, I do not think you are really going to care where the body came from, as long as it is healthy.

Yeah, I would be thinking of that first thing.

You don't care?

Why not kill someone like the assholes that steal your kidneys and leave you in a hotel room bathtub if you're lucky.

You Ok with that?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Yeah, I would be thinking of that first thing.

You don't care?

Why not kill someone like the assholes that steal your kidneys and leave you in a hotel room bathtub if you're lucky.

You Ok with that?

LOL I did not mean I do not care how they get the body lol

top topics

<< 1   >>

join