It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's ZTE Announcement Smells Like Quid Pro Quo

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
you really have to work hard to prove how bad Trump is since the Russia bs has been blowing up in your face for well over a year now and all that's been turned up in that case is evidence to prove that Russia and British intel were colluding with the Clinton campaign to set Trump up on a Russia collusion narrative that's still has zero evidence

you will have to work harder than this to convince any of us that this isn't just another fanatical anti Trump thread with no real shred of evidence to support it other than massive speculation

I don't think he's trying to convince you, but I don't know that for a fact. I'd just venture to guess that, judging from the quality of his posts and disregarding the orientation, he is intelligent. As such, he probably realizes that you are one of the minority that cannot be convinced otherwise, once you've made up your mind.

I would say, that on both sides, the right and the left, there seems to be a rising number of people who will not listen to anything and will openly say they do not want to know more, do not want more information, their mind is made up and all that. In my experience, about half the Trump supporters I talk to and half the Hillary supporters act this way.

Now, from generally unbiased polls we know that Trump averages about 40% support overall.

Weekly Job Approval

If half of those people (and I'm just throwing an approximate number based on my experience) cannot be convinced otherwise, it means that one in every five Americans supports Trump and will continue to do so no matter what scandal ensues.

He probably wrote this to educate the other 80% or so.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: theantediluvian

The deal is with the Trump organization, not Donald Trump.

what?.....tell me the difference....this organization you speak of is HIS FAMILY!...that's it, no one else......

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

what?.....tell me the difference....this organization you speak of is HIS FAMILY!...that's it, no one else......

Trump has stepped away from the organization while in office.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Hmm Hmm

Any verifiable proof that Trump has divested himself ?
'Verifiable" being of common knowledge at the very least ?
"Verifiable" by somebody certified, an independant 'verifier' ?

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Like, yeah !
It's a bit like the Sopranos
But for real

It's not Tony Soprano Vs the Gambinos
but Tony S. being subsumed by them

but In real life
Trump thinks he is Tony Soprano

edit on 15-5-2018 by Cassi3l because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Trump has stepped away from the organization while in office.

Does it not still bear his name?

Does he not make money from it and its endeavors?

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Timeline
• Then on April 15, the Commerce Department hit ZTE again, saying that despite the earlier fine and settlement, ZTE had continued to violate US sanctions law and lie to the US government. The new order simply barred American companies from selling anything to ZTE.
• On May 8, the Trump administration pulled out of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action with Iran and began the process of trying to make US sanctions on Iran even more stringent in hopes of crippling the Iranian economy.
• On May 9, ZTE announced that it was going to have to shut down its entire smartphone business since it had no viable way to continue operating without Qualcomm chips.
• On May 11, a state-owned Chinese construction company called the Metallurgical Corporation of China announced it would float a $500 million loan to Indonesian developers to facilitate the construction of a vast “integrated lifestyle resort” called MNC Lido City that includes Trump-branded hotels, residences, and a golf course.
• On May 13, Trump tweeted: “President Xi of China, and I, are working together to give massive Chinese phone company, ZTE, a way to get back into business, fast. Too many jobs in China lost. Commerce Department has been instructed to get it done!”
• On May 14, Trump tweeted about ZTE again: “ZTE, the large Chinese phone company, buys a big percentage of individual parts from U.S. companies. This is also reflective of the larger trade deal we are negotiating with China and my personal relationship with President Xi.”
www.vox.com...

This is pretty transparent. Trump is just so sure that he can get away with anything at this point he really isn’t even trying to hide this colossal conflict of interests and corruption.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
So Trump is basically saying out loud he wants to help China keep jobs

He doesn’t say of course that this will consequently likely take jobs away from Americans.

So when he gets paid, America first takes a back seat.

So he also doesn’t mention China‘s government-controlled company just invested half a billion in a project that will greatly benefit his businesses.

The problem is the US population is getting use to Trump's corruption so much that it's becoming fair-seeming to them.

He is programming you to accept his corruption and its working.

edit on 15-5-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

The deal is with the Trump organization, not Donald Trump

Funny.

MOST CORRUPT PRESIDENT EVER!!

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Timeline
• Then on April 15, the Commerce Department hit ZTE again, saying that despite the earlier fine and settlement, ZTE had continued to violate US sanctions law and lie to the US government. The new order simply barred American companies from selling anything to ZTE.
• On May 8, the Trump administration pulled out of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action with Iran and began the process of trying to make US sanctions on Iran even more stringent in hopes of crippling the Iranian economy.
• On May 9, ZTE announced that it was going to have to shut down its entire smartphone business since it had no viable way to continue operating without Qualcomm chips.
• On May 11, a state-owned Chinese construction company called the Metallurgical Corporation of China announced it would float a $500 million loan to Indonesian developers to facilitate the construction of a vast “integrated lifestyle resort” called MNC Lido City that includes Trump-branded hotels, residences, and a golf course.
• On May 13, Trump tweeted: “President Xi of China, and I, are working together to give massive Chinese phone company, ZTE, a way to get back into business, fast. Too many jobs in China lost. Commerce Department has been instructed to get it done!”
• On May 14, Trump tweeted about ZTE again: “ZTE, the large Chinese phone company, buys a big percentage of individual parts from U.S. companies. This is also reflective of the larger trade deal we are negotiating with China and my personal relationship with President Xi.”
www.vox.com...

This is pretty transparent. Trump is just so sure that he can get away with anything at this point he really isn’t even trying to hide this colossal conflict of interests and corruption.

He doesn't need to hide it, his base support him regardless and he knows it.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   

He doesn't need to hide it, his base support him regardless and he knows it.

It's called, giving power to the beast

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

ZTE purchases $3 Billion in US manufactured components annually. The "quid pro quo" here was that ZTE staying in business is good business for the US tech sector. Meanwhile, the ultimate goal here was already achieved... ZTE will almost certainly not be able to find a market to sell phones to within the US. So there's absolutely no downside to America here and nothing but $3 Bil in upside.

It is a zero sum game. Some other company/companies will take up the ZTE market. Oppo for example. So the US chip sales won't tank.

That said, I don't like punishing workers because the C suite is full of jerks. I am no fan of Trump. Just look at my posts. But if ZTE cleans house at the top, I don't have a problem with Trump rescuing ZTE.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   

I wondered what that smell was.

Thought my Pug farted.

It was my lab.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

You are hoisting an insult for nothing.

Trump is a president less on merit and likeability amd more on counterculture. His corruption is ignored for a reason. And it has nothing to do with "programming". The lack of understanding of this is a tone deafness of sorts.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Let's see... Trump starts a trade war with China because they ae exhibiting unfair business practices. Then suddenly Trump is helping out ZTE 'cause they are hurting. Then China invests $500M in an Indonesian project associated with Trump. Just a big coincidence.

<< 1   >>

join